WinBuilder 069 - beta 6

• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

#1 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 11 April 2007 - 08:27 PM

On this topic you can place your feedback and comments regarding bugs found on WinBuilder.exe - You are also welcome to write up your ideas and suggestions for features to be added next.

Please note that this discussion is mostly meant to WinBuilder.exe - to post about bugs or suggestions regarding projects please add them on the respective forums to help keep our talks organized..

Also worth mention that beta versions can often have features that are not (yet) supported by the latest stable version, please read all pages to understand the differences and how to properly use the new application.

Thank you for beta testing wb!!

Beta 6 (2007-May-6)

- Added mobileos.boot-land.net webserver to default list
- Readded refreshing code to make interface display correctly objects
- Fixed bug which made Add object window stay behind main form, also fixed the attachements add files wizard.
- Copy & Paste from source code editor will remember the last copy operation before adding a new command

Attached File  WinBuilder069_Beta6.zip   791.18KB   618 downloads

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beta 5 (2007-May-5)

- Download Level box will remember the last selected level
- Each web server will have the title of the web path if no title is available
- Support for Proxy SOCKS was added
- Modified word !#1486 from "Download Type" to "Profile"
- Removed words !#1216 (Projects), !#1217 (Target), !#1218 (ISO) to keep them as fixed values on all languages (They represent common folders)
- Added FindClose on each function which used FindFirst to avoid open handle issues noticed when using the backup tab and some file search routines.
- Fixed bug which prevented to download last placed webservers if there was not selected script on the first webserver

Attached File  WinBuilder069_Beta5.zip   791.36KB   450 downloads

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beta 4 (2007-May-1)

- Box to select download profile no longer requires re-downloading webserver lists to re-order new selection
- Removed the butttons that restore a value with predefined settings on the paths tab
- Added a small project description on the same box where projects are presented on the paths tab
- Removed the "Save interface" button from script interface - re-added the edit button with a new icon.
- Added an "Options" tab on the download center
- Moved web server box into Options tab inside the download center
- Added proxy support for download center
- Replaced the edit box for inputing a source folder with a combo box - now it is possible to select a source from a list.
- Added a new download level called "Beta" - this allows for scripts to be uploaded and only selected automatically if user wishes to use beta scripts.
- Added a warning box when user first selects the Beta download level
- Added the option to upload scripts to http://beta.boot-land.net whenever no webserver is available - used as generic upload place for beta testings.

Attached File  WinBuilder068_Beta4.zip   789.72KB   557 downloads

Beta 3 (2007-April-29)

- Added a small box on the Paths tab to list available projects
- When wb starts with no available projects it will hide unneeded tabs like "Scripts, Paths, Log"
- Fixed error window wich appeared when user pressed the refresh button on the web tab without being online.
- Removed references to obsolete PE drives on the right click menu of the source code editor
- Added a small correction when people used the download center with wb on a maximized window and would not be able to control it after refreshing the scripts
- Added support for levels inside project files
- Improved overall speed when creating updates.ini and index.html
- Added support for title on web server
- Re-Added text labels below the quick start buttons (Play, Tools, Refresh)
- Moved WebServer box to the lower right corner
- Added support for download profiles (Minimum, Recommended, Complete)
- Added support for displaying multiple web servers (good for quick browsing changes)
- Image on description tab will display a tool tip saying "85x90 pixels" to help users know the correct image size to use as script logo
- Added internal welcome web page wich is displayed whenever wb is started with no projects and unable to contact wb's homepage.
- Added new language terms to be translated for newly added functions
- Fixed bug wich displayed erratic overall filesize to download

beta 3a

- Completed support for multiple servers when downloading
- Fixed bug wich didn't terminated the download process when user closed the application - giving sucessive error boxes per each failed download
- Added keyboard navigation on the project treeview on the Paths tab

Attached File  WinBuilder069_Beta3a.zip   797.36KB   595 downloads

Beta 2 (2007-April-25)

- Program will display window on top of other applications when starting up
- Removed edit button from interface to make UI less cluttered
- Removed fixed variables related to XP/2003 based PE projects (%targetsys32%, %targetwin%, %pedrive%, %pewin%, %pesys32%, %peprograms%, %tag%)
- When WinBuilder.exe starts up for the first time it will display the Quick Start page

Attached File  WinBuilder069_Beta2.zip   795.93KB   563 downloads

Beta 1 (2007-April-11)

- Converted ANSI_CHARSET to DEFAULT_CHARSET on all text labels to complete language translation
- Added a Beta Logo on the main window to allow clicking and acess the respective discussion topic

Attached File  WinBuilder069_Beta1.zip   795.51KB   1615 downloads
------------------------------------------------

Edited by Nuno Brito, 06 May 2007 - 11:23 PM.

#2 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 09:15 PM

- Added a Beta Logo on the main window to allow clicking and acess the respective discussion topic

Works and a good idea.

#3 smiley

smiley

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 905 posts
  •  
    Greece

Posted 12 April 2007 - 06:27 AM

:cheers:

Thanks Nuno, It works now!
I wish it also work for Highwaystar!

John

#4 smiley

smiley

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 905 posts
  •  
    Greece

Posted 12 April 2007 - 06:43 AM

I have just a new idea for winbuilder. There are many scripts that when run or when a button is pressed, an external program is run with a new window.

My idea is to make this window a part of winbuilder. What I mean is that the program comunicates with winbuilder, and passes to winbuilder its window handle. Then Winbuilder creates a new tab and sets the parent of the desired window to be the tab. What do you think?

John

#5 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 12 April 2007 - 08:44 AM

I think it is a good idea - it will be added once I get my hands on the interface code again..

An interface object could be done this way:

Have the option to encode the executable inside the script itself, or use a link (%basedir% accepted) to the program. (nice for smaller exe's)

Allow starting up the application with parameters

When the interface is closed - the launched application automatically receives the WM_QUIT message to be finished

-------------------------------------------------------------

I already have some experience on this sort of things and it can easily be done, especially if the application is custom created to interact with scripts.

When placing the application's handle under wb, the system buttons like close, minimize and expand still exist - a good solution would be allowing to launch the app with parameters to create the window without borders, expanding to the client size - this will make it integrate perfectly.

I will work on this suggestion and give some examples on how it should be used - maybe a tutorial to help others can also be done when this is ready..

#6 powaking

powaking

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 238 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 April 2007 - 06:13 PM

I think it is a good idea - it will be added once I get my hands on the interface code again..

An interface object could be done this way:

Have the option to encode the executable inside the script itself, or use a link (%basedir% accepted) to the program. (nice for smaller exe's)

Allow starting up the application with parameters

When the interface is closed - the launched application automatically receives the WM_QUIT message to be finished
-------------------------------------------------------------

I already have some experience on this sort of things and it can easily be done, especially if the application is custom created to interact with scripts.

When placing the application's handle under wb, the system buttons like close, minimize and expand still exist - a good solution would be allowing to launch the app with parameters to create the window without borders, expanding to the client size - this will make it integrate perfectly.

I will work on this suggestion and give some examples on how it should be used - maybe a tutorial to help others can also be done when this is ready..

Anyway to include proxy support?

#7 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 12 April 2007 - 06:30 PM

Will be available on next beta! :cheers:

#8 thunn

thunn

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 531 posts
  • Interests:computers<br />mechanics<br />distortion<br /><br />
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 April 2007 - 10:11 PM

Even just an alternate cmdline window would be nice looking. Pebuilder does this, when external scripts are added, they're output is viewed in pebuilder. Thanks for your continued work, Nuno. :cheers:

#9 smiley

smiley

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 905 posts
  •  
    Greece

Posted 13 April 2007 - 07:59 AM

Nuno what are the priorities for Winbuilder right now?

#10 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 13 April 2007 - 09:09 AM

Even just an alternate cmdline window would be nice looking. Pebuilder does this, when external scripts are added, they're output is viewed in pebuilder. Thanks for your continued work, Nuno. :cheers:

I'm working on this - I also know how to capture the output text from console apps like pebuilder, but the intention is to run GUI programs inside the script's interface - last night I've began coding this part, but I don't know yet if it will work since I will also be improving the whole interface code (there are a lot of things to be improved and I've also learn some new tricks since I've last coded it a while back..)

Nuno what are the priorities for Winbuilder right now?

• Correct Language support issues
  • Recode interface code (more objects, bugfix behaviors)
  • Complete proxy support
  • Add new commands (rename to uppercase)
  • Add simple profiles to the download center (Minimum, Recomended, Full)
  • Built-in Hive manipulation without using Windows API
This the road map at this moment, I will try to have all these topics completed within 2 weeks, so expect a lot of beta releases coming out quickly as things get done - I know more time is needed for properly debugging, but this will be my personal timeline in any case.. :cheers:

#11 Joshua

Joshua

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 526 posts
  • Interests:Computer, Bikes, and many others
  •  
    Germany

Posted 13 April 2007 - 12:26 PM

if i start Winbuilder(069) in winxp-prof. german safe mode, i got this error, and it stops.

Exception TICMPExeption in module Winbuilder.exe at 00122B9E
Unable to get ping handle.

Joshua

#12 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 13 April 2007 - 02:09 PM

Can this happen because MS ICMP.DLL isn't working right under safe mode? :cheers:

A quick fix would be adding a try.. except clause to prevent wb from stopping, but this wouldn't explain why it occurs.

Have you enabled network under safe mode?

My first google reference is this:
http://www.delphi32.com/vcl/2133/

You don't need to be connected to the internet, but network definitively needs to be enabled.

Thanks for reporting! :cheers:

#13 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 13 April 2007 - 02:55 PM

if i start Winbuilder(069) in winxp-prof. german safe mode, i got this error, and it stops.

Joshua

Just for a compare:
I tried XP PRO SP2 German in safe mode with network drivers:
Build ok
Download connection ok.
Boot into Virtual box failed with 'Virtual Box Kernel driver problem'

After reboot to normal system the generated ISO booted well into Virtual Box.

Peter

#14 Joshua

Joshua

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 526 posts
  • Interests:Computer, Bikes, and many others
  •  
    Germany

Posted 13 April 2007 - 02:56 PM

Have you enabled network under safe mode?

no!
i made another test with enabled network, and then it worked!

Joshua

#15 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 03:19 PM

You don't need to be connected to the internet, but network definitively needs to be enabled.

You mean WB won't work on computers, that have no network card or modem installed?

#16 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 13 April 2007 - 03:34 PM

You mean WB won't work on computers, that have no network card or modem installed?

Quick and Dirty test:
  • diasbled all network adapters
  • run WB > started
  • Download > nothing happened, no error message
  • Changed WEB server > notrhng happened, no error message
  • built project > no errors, booted into VirtualBox
    (of course w/o internet connection)
Result:
In standard OS WB runs ok even w/o network.

Peter

#17 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 04:07 PM

Thanks for the quick test, Peter. Nuno had me worried for a moment there. :cheers:

#18 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 13 April 2007 - 07:33 PM

I'm really concerned with support under "extreme" conditions - I didn't knew that this ping was using ICMP.DLL, this might became an issue if MS ever decide to remove this dll from their OS.

This issue appears when network support is disabled wich probably means that it won't register the above DLL - but why isn't it available? :cheers:

I don't know enough about this dll file to be certain about the reasons why..

Will replace this code with a fully built-in ping once I find a good replacement, any suggestions? :cheers:

#19 phox

phox

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 764 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 05:45 PM

Week ago I have downloaded WB 691 and tested it with all Projects.
I am astonished with the quality and sophistication of the latest version.

Nuno, it is GREAT and professional (and complex) product.

I didn’t have any problems with WB, only with some scripts.
To my surprise (positive) it works flawlessly under LiveXP and
nativeEx builds if I add attrib.exe, cabinet.dll and expand.exe.

WB.JPG

I am also surprised (negative) that WB is not working under Vista,
or I don’t know how to do it? That forced me to install XP as a
second OS on my Vista notebook.

Nuno, Peter and all developers, I congratulate and thank you for pleasure!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

#20 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 18 April 2007 - 05:53 PM

Hi Phox, welcome back!

Thanks for the reports, glad they've worked for your sources.

wb works under vista - but unfortunatelly you will need to disable the User Account Control (UAC) in order to allow the hive loading methods to function as expected.

You can read more details about this limitation and how to disable it here:
http://www.boot-land...ives-t1703.html

At the moment we're working to figure out how the registry hives are created in order to bypass UAC restrictions, read here:
http://www.boot-land...ives-t1839.html

#21 phox

phox

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 764 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 07:36 PM

...disable the User Account Control (UAC) in order to allow
the hive loading methods to function as expected.

Nuno, thank you for welcome and the tip.

It works for LiveXP, but in nativeEx Application programs icons are missing!?

Vista_2.JPG

They appear after clicking on them (settings are the same as for LiveXP).

Also builds are 3MB bigger than made from XP.
There are lot of log files which probably could be erased after building.

Will test. :cheers:

#22 phox

phox

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 764 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 08:18 PM

When I delete following files from sys32: Attached File  system32.zip   1.13KB   376 downloads
and from config: Attached File  config.zip   2.01KB   371 downloads
and recreate ISO, it comes to the same size as XP build.

#23 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 09:22 PM

OK, about those missing icons thing.
By the fact that they still work, i presume that, a variable is used inside.
The last one of the path variables initilized is %ProgramFiles%. So i guess that's the variable used.

Why?
Somewhere in your registry are a few values set wrong. The registry says for instance that some path is C:\... , while it is actually D:\... .
Windows will notice this flaw and gradually fix the registry entries.
Problem is though, it is not fast enough. So when the Shortcuts are loaded and the icons are supposed to be read, the variable still has the wrong path, so no icon.
But by the time you've come around to click the shortcut, Windows has fixed the path and the shortcuts work.

Solutions:
A ) Fix the Registry.
B ) Use in your shortcuts instead of %ProgramFiles%\ProgramFolder\Program.exe - %SystemDrive%\ProgramsFolder\ProgramFolder\Program.exe.
The reason that this fixes your problem as well is, that %Systemdrive% is the very first variable initialized and Windows therefore has enough time to make any changes neccessary before the Desktop starts.

#24 phox

phox

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 764 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 05:14 AM

OK, about those missing icons thing.

Before I go to more details there are three questions:

1. Why LiveXP build made under Vista with the same settings works fine?
2. Why nativeEx build made under XP with the same settings works fine?
3. Why both builds made under Vista have bigger size for 3MB than under XP?
Both builds have additional files in system32 and config which could be
deleted without impact on work of builds.

In all cases shortcuts in my application programs are coded as:
"%ShC%\%ProgDir%\ProgramFolder\Program.exe

#25 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 19 April 2007 - 06:27 AM

Phox, can you post the above questions on the nativeEx & LiveXP forum?

Those are good points to further elaborate and improve, let's continue this matter on the project forums and this way we can keep this topic just for the newer winbuilder.exe beta issues and requests.

Thank you! :cheers:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users