Photo
- - - - -

Make a VHD using Winntsetup 3 and VHD_W7C_78.

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 GBossN4eVr

GBossN4eVr

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:40 PM

Hello to one and all I am a frequent user of this forum and I can't thank enough the guys and gals who help countless ppl here with there knowledge, time and contributions without it many ppl including myself would be catching at straws almost. 

I have tried a couple options/programs here but the ones I use most are VHDs either Portable W7 VHD or Full W7 VHD but I am unable to make a VHD using any one these OS with Winntsetup 3 and VHD_W7C_78.  I really would like or should I say hope someone can help me to build a PE with minimal size that I can use Winntsetup 3, VHD_W7C_78, EasyBCD 2.12.exe/Portable (Which requires Netframework 2), Imdisk, Notepad++, preferably a partition tool that can wipe a HDD also and network capability that boots very quickly. 

I have tried many different builds to make a PE including Winbuilder and MakePE3 with Winbuilder most scripts don't work with other builds (which is a total bummer) and with MakePE3 which seems to be the best option I used both Exp and Mini option.  Exp option takes a while to boot but everything I mentioned above works but I prefer Mini which boots faster but EasyBCD 2 doesn't work says a Netframework 2 file won't load.

Can someone help me please?

Thank You!

#2 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:47 PM

Hi,

You seem to have a generic question that is kind of misplaced on this discussion here. Have you tried the tutorial on the first topic?

#3 GBossN4eVr

GBossN4eVr

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:12 PM

I have tried almost everything here, was basically hoping someone could either give me a build with the scripts and files I posted above considering they aren't that much or a few tips on what to add/del in MakePE3 so that I can make the PE with the programs/options above.  I just hope it isn't too much of a hassle considering I just want to be able to create/modify my W7 VHDs and be able to edit the boot menu to add the created VHDs to it and be able to go on the net if needed.

Thank You!

#4 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:04 PM

Ok. I've split your question from the other topic since it was misplaced.

The person that might help you is wimb since he is the developer for the tools you mention.

On my side, wish that I could help more but I'm not much of a VHD boot user. Sorry.

#5 GBossN4eVr

GBossN4eVr

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:16 PM

Thank you for being so kind and helpful, I guess I will have to wait for wimb hope to hear from him soon.

#6 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:43 AM

My pleasure to help. I know Wimb is always quite busy in development, he might not read this topic so you'd do well in writing a message at one of his topics where he publishes new versions.

This is an example, he was writing there just a few hours ago: http://reboot.pro/to...ws-7-pe/page-35

:cheers:

#7 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  • Interests:Boot and Install from USB
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:32 AM

I have tried a couple options/programs here but the ones I use most are VHDs either Portable W7 VHD or Full W7 VHD but I am unable to make a VHD using any one these OS with Winntsetup 3 and VHD_W7C_78.  I really would like or should I say hope someone can help me to build a PE with minimal size that I can use Winntsetup 3, VHD_W7C_78, EasyBCD 2.12.exe/Portable (Which requires Netframework 2), Imdisk, Notepad++, preferably a partition tool that can wipe a HDD also and network capability that boots very quickly. 

The support topic for VHD_W7C_78 is here http://reboot.pro/to...ct-make-mini-7/

I don't understand precisely where your problem is.

May be you can describe in detail your goal and the steps that you wish to make.

The EXP version made with Make_PE3 serves already your goal I understand,

but you would like to boot it faster, which is possible as follows.

When booting with 7pe_x86_E.iso then you might skip Install of drivers and skip start of additional services,

by mouseclick on black cmd window and press C to Cancel.

That saves quite a lot of time and you can still direct use WinNTSetup3 and VHD_W7C.exe or Ghost.

Recently Make_PE3 is updated so that the amd version of 7PE will support listusbdrives.exe ,

which is used and needed by most of my programs.

It might be that this solves already your problem .....

http://reboot.pro/to...-35#entry180031

#8 GBossN4eVr

GBossN4eVr

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:02 PM

Thanks for the replies, I didn't know about the press C to cancel and speed up boot time.  I was hoping you could perhaps guide me about which files I should add to "WIN7_add_min" and "PE3_add_min" so that when I run BCDedit in the output PE it works.

I have added a few portable programs to the "Make_PE3\PE3_mod\PE3_add\x86_min\Program Files" folder and updated BSExplorer.ini.  I really do like how slim and neat "Min" option PE is I just need to know why when I run BCDedit I get an error saying "\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorwks.dll" won't work/load even though I had Netframework selected when I made the MakePE3 "Min" option Win7pe.  My guess is a few files are missing but I don't know which ones can you help me?

Thanks again!

#9 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:29 AM

I really would like or should I say hope someone can help me to build a PE with minimal size that I can use Winntsetup 3, VHD_W7C_78, EasyBCD 2.12.exe/Portable (Which requires Netframework 2), Imdisk, Notepad++, preferably a partition tool that can wipe a HDD also and network capability that boots very quickly. 

.NET 2.0 is not supported in MIN and BS versions. For .NET you need the EXP x86 version, but ....

Instead of EasyBCD (which requires .NET 2) we can use BOOTICE 1.3.1 launched from icon in right upper corner of latest WinNTSetup 3

Size of MIN 7pe_x86_X.iso without .NET is only 181 MB and provides the functionality that you want ....

BOOTICE 1.3.1 has a Professional BCD Editor in GUI mode :)

7pe_X.png == 7pe_X2.png

EDIT:

Question: Why do you want to boot with 7PE whereas you have already Portable Win7 VHD available ?

Instead of booting with 7PE you can decide to boot fast with Portable Win7 VHD

which supports .NET 2.0 and you can Install EasyBCD 2.1.2 from IMG_XP package and make use of all the other apps that you mentioned.

#10 GBossN4eVr

GBossN4eVr

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:39 PM

Thanks for all the replies and help I got in this post from everyone first of all.  I actually got the "Min" option to work with EasyBCD but the portable version along with the other programs I added and it works great.  My only problem now is some .Dll files that are needed for some of the portable programs seems to be missing including "quartz.dll" and so on.  I used Dependency Walker and UltraCompare to get an idea of the files that are needed and I proceeded to add them to "\Make_PE3\PE3_mod\WIN7_add\x86\WIN7_add_min" filelist but some of them either did not copy or they are missing.

My question is do I have to edit other filelists along with "WIN7_add_min" also and or do I have to manually place the files that are missing in "\Make_PE3\PE3_mod\WIN7_add\x86\Windows\System32" folder?

Thank You!

#11 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:56 PM

My question is do I have to edit other filelists along with "WIN7_add_min" also and or do I have to manually place the files that are missing in "\Make_PE3\PE3_mod\WIN7_add\x86\Windows\System32" folder?

You have got to modify also DVD7_add_files.txt (in this case don't forget the leading 1 in each rule)

That filelist is used when the source is a DVD to collect the files in folder PE3_mod\WIN7_add\x86

that serves as supply for copy to mounted boot.wim according to requirement given in WIN7_add_min.txt

Missing system32 files that are not part of Win7 can be placed in folder PE3_mod\PE3_add\x86_min\Windows\System32

The content of PE3_mod\PE3_add\x86_min is copied as well to mounted boot.wim

In the filelist don't forget the mui files e.g. in WIN7_add_min.txt

\Windows\System32\en-US\quartz.dll.mui

and for DVD7_add_files.txt

1\Windows\System32\??-??\quartz.dll.mui

#12 GBossN4eVr

GBossN4eVr

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:02 AM

Thanks unlimited to you wimb for being so helpful and understanding,  I followed your instructions and I have to say everything works fine as expected.  I was wondering about booting as "Ramdisk" I keep reading on the forum, when I boot a Win7Pe.iso isn't it booting in "Ram" or booting in Ramdisk something totally different?

I tried booting in Ramdisk using Firadisk using one of your other programs W7 VHD Compact using the Mini W7 option and I have to say it works superb only problem is I keep seeing a prompt asking to Restart Now or later is that normal?

Thanks again!

#13 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:06 AM

What is the final size in MB of your 7pe_x86_X.iso ?

Good that you managed to get things working.

Can you publish the required changes to get .NET working in MIN version ?

7pe is booting from RAMDISK X: so there is really a drive X: involved

I tried booting in Ramdisk using Firadisk using one of your other programs W7 VHD Compact using the Mini W7 option and I have to say it works superb only problem is I keep seeing a prompt asking to Restart Now or later is that normal?

The prompt asking to reboot is normal when booting VHD from FiraDisk RAMDISK.

You can simply cancel it since it only means there is a new RAMDISK drive added to the hardware.

May be there is some way to prevent that reboot message occurring,

but until now I have no knowledge about it .... but it might quite well be possible to find out.

#14 GBossN4eVr

GBossN4eVr

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:29 PM

My final 7pe_x86_X.iso is 229mb that is with EasyBCD Portable, Notepad++, QtWeb, USB-DiskEject, CCleaner, FSViewer48 & RMPrepUSB added to "Make_PE3\PE3_mod\PE3_add\x86_min\Program Files" which total about 52mb.  In terms of .NET Framework with MakePE3 I did nothing to the "win7_add__nf20.txt" list all I did was edit the "DVD7_add_files.txt",  "WIN7_add_min.txt" & "PE3_add_min.txt" lists. 

If you meant for your other program VHD_W7C_78 I can upload the .txt files I edited for both programs but I don't know how to upload here and I don't think I should post an entire filelist for multiple files here.

#15 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:45 PM

There is no need to add portable apps to your iso and so increase load time.

You might consider to copy PStart folder from folder MULTI to your Boot Drive or any other drive.

7pe will search for PStart folder in root of any drive and make portable apps auto available from PStart menu.

7pe will also search for folder drv that you can use for drivers that will be loaded by driver_fix at boot time

Can you give me a download link for portable EasyBCD 2.1.2

There is no need to give the filelists.

All I would like to know is what extra files are needed for .NET support in MIN version e.g.

\Windows\System32\certEnroll.dll
\Windows\System32\cscapi.dll

#16 GBossN4eVr

GBossN4eVr

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:26 PM

I have EasyBcd portable so I will upload to filehost and post the links for the .txt files also. 
This is a new filehost which gives you 50GB of cloud space and you can download from uploaded.net just paste the links in Remote Url Upload and then download your uploaded.net links totally free, it is best to signup with this link first "http://filebigz.com/free372.html".

Here are the links:

EasyBCDPortable_2.2.0.182.paf.exe

PE3_add_min.txt

DVD7_add_files.txt

WIN7_add_min.txt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users