Photo
- - - - -

Problems with detecting network cards...

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 mamisano

mamisano

• .script developer
  • 94 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 10 April 2007 - 11:19 PM

Not sure if anyone else is running into the same problems, but no matter what I try I can not get my Boot CD to find the network cards on a few different machines.

All 3 laptops are using Intel based 100 or 1GB network cards.
Tried both WinXP SP2 and Win2003 builds
Using PeNetwork with it pointing to the NetDriversPack that I downloaded from here.

No script errors during compile, just unable to find the network cards for some strange reason.
Same builds work fine in a VMware session using a VMware 6 driver script that I created.

Oh yeah, using latest version .069 for the builds.

Thanks!

#2 mamisano

mamisano

• .script developer
  • 94 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 April 2007 - 09:17 PM

Can anyone try to see if they can get network drivers to work on a machine other than a VM? Please?

:cheers:

#3 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 12:48 AM

How about telling us what project you did build, and it's always a good idea to post the log! :cheers:

PS: You shouldn't need to write any scripts to have VMware working, they are already all available

#4 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 13 April 2007 - 07:06 AM

Can anyone try to see if they can get network drivers to work on a machine other than a VM? Please?

nativeEx_barebone contains network drivers for
  • qEmu
  • VPC
  • VirtualBox
  • VMWare
All of these emulators work well with PENetwork

Peter

#5 mamisano

mamisano

• .script developer
  • 94 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 13 April 2007 - 05:52 PM

How about telling us what project you did build, and it's always a good idea to post the log! :cheers:

PS: You shouldn't need to write any scripts to have VMware working, they are already all available

- Created my own build off of NativeEx_Barebone
- Same probem when I try with the LiveXP build.

I am running VMware 6 Beta, so I modified the existing script with new drivers, etc.
VMware is not the problem, it runs the builds perfectly. When I run the build on real PC, that's when the Intel NIC drivers do not work.

Just an update, I used Net Drivers for XP SP2 found in the downloads section. If I use that and build with XP SP2 the networking does work. Win2K3 is not supported in that plugin.

I *should* just be able to copy over the sys, inf, dll, etc files for the desired driver to the target for the card to be detected, no?

#6 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 07:49 PM

We once had a driver problem regarding XPSP2 and W2k3.
Turned out, the script written for XP copied the drivers and setting from the Install CD, but on the W2k3 CD those drivers were missing.

If i were you, i would compare the XP build and the W2k3 one and check if W2k3 does not have the drivers missing.
If that's the case, simply copying the driver, including the inf, over from the XP build should do the trick.

:cheers: :cheers:

#7 mamisano

mamisano

• .script developer
  • 94 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 15 April 2007 - 10:35 PM

Thanks, I'll look into that and post my findings here.

#8 fdjizm

fdjizm

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 01:52 PM

- Created my own build off of NativeEx_Barebone
- Same probem when I try with the LiveXP build.
I am running VMware 6 Beta, so I modified the existing script with new drivers, etc.
VMware is not the problem, it runs the builds perfectly. When I run the build on real PC, that's when the Intel NIC drivers do not work.

Just an update, I used Net Drivers for XP SP2 found in the downloads section. If I use that and build with XP SP2 the networking does work. Win2K3 is not supported in that plugin.

I *should* just be able to copy over the sys, inf, dll, etc files for the desired driver to the target for the card to be detected, no?

could you point me to that net drivers for xp sp2 download.. im having the same problem, cant seem to find that file in the downloads section. thanx

#9 mamisano

mamisano

• .script developer
  • 94 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 April 2007 - 02:30 PM

For fdjizm:
Network Drivers Script - http://www.boot-land...w...iew&iden=48

#10 mamisano

mamisano

• .script developer
  • 94 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 April 2007 - 03:03 PM

Well, I fixed my problem with Win2k3 drivers.
I have the build running InfCacheBuild just prior to the ISO image being created.
This fixes some issues with the .inf files and is used in BartPE.

I have attached a simple script that I created which calls InfCacheBuild and has the necessary files encoded.

Attached Files

#11 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 19 April 2007 - 04:02 PM

Mamisano, would you be kind enough to explain in detail what exactly will InfCacheBuild do to inf files?

I've noticed a few worried comments by paraglider, asking people like sherpya how they would replace the API used by InfCacheBuild since it is not supported by Vista files.

But what does it do in pratical terms? :cheers:

Can't we code it ourselves to also work on Vista or anywhere else?

Thanks! :cheers:

#12 mamisano

mamisano

• .script developer
  • 94 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 April 2007 - 04:28 PM

Mamisano, would you be kind enough to explain in detail what exactly will InfCacheBuild do to inf files?

I've noticed a few worried comments by paraglider, asking people like sherpya how they would replace the API used by InfCacheBuild since it is not supported by Vista files.

But what does it do in pratical terms? :cheers:

Thanks! :cheers:

I have the source code on my PC. Let me take a look and see what I can find.

Is there a link to any specific info regarding the problems using it on Vista? Thanks.

#13 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 19 April 2007 - 04:35 PM

Yes, sorry for not pointing the link before - this was approached here:
http://www.911cd.net...showtopic=11945

#14 mamisano

mamisano

• .script developer
  • 94 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 April 2007 - 05:56 PM

Looks like the Visa version of setupapi.dll is missing the export section called pSetupInfCacheBuild. This is used by InfCacheBuild so it looks like we need to determine what replaced this in the new dll and how to code it into the program :cheers:

#15 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 20 April 2007 - 07:36 AM

I'm currently working with a program that reads (driver) .infs and generates a script installing the driver into the ISO.

Is is still in a very early stage and will take some more time:
inf2script.gif
And here the generated script (still some RegLoadHive missing)
Attached File  driver.txt   27.57KB   536 downloads

As an alternity I could output an .inf to the ISO which looks like InfCachBuild made.

Peter

#16 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 20 April 2007 - 09:51 AM

Looking good! :cheers:

This means that drivers can be injected inside the project?

Would this method also be valid for a fully running XP/Vista? :cheers:

#17 warynski

warynski

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 29 April 2007 - 07:06 PM

Hi everyone,

As in another topic – Error: won’t boot – I’ve already written, finally I had succeded to boot with the CD I made with WB 069 beta2. That time I’ve only downloaded nativeEx barebone. Although I’ve maneged to boot, an error message appeared in OB1 window: No network cards detected. I’ve tried to reach the setting of my network card through Netwrok Connections but the same error message turned up again.

Today I downloaded Live XP scripts as well, and made a new boot CD. After booting the same error message reappeared: No network cards detected.

I have a Marvell Yukon network card integrated to a Gigabyte mainboard. The network card has fix IP address, since I use a Linksys wireless router to share my internet connection.

I would be grateful for any help! Thank you in advance!

#18 warynski

warynski

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 03 May 2007 - 05:51 PM

Nobody has replied so far...
Please help me if you can!

#19 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 04 May 2007 - 08:49 AM

There are a few topics mentioning how to add drivers - please use the search tool on this forum to find these topics.

There is also a network drivers pack on the downloads section of this site - look there and see if it helps you.

I also recommend trying out NativePE by thunn - it has a good network support - this can be downloaded using the download center, just use thunn's webserver.

:confused1:

#20 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 04 May 2007 - 12:21 PM

Nobody has replied so far...
Please help me if you can!

If you copy all files of your Marvell Yukon network card into the according System32, drivers, inf etc. folders of the %target%, PENetwork should be able to detect the card.

If you use an emulator for test, you must check the net driver for that emulator.

Peter

#21 warynski

warynski

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 05 May 2007 - 09:13 PM

First of all, thank you for your replies!
Excuse me for trying to get help in this topic, but I thought this was the right place in connection with the problems of network cards.

I've downloaded NativePE by thunn and WB created the NativePE_RAM _multi.iso file. After burning it to a CD I tried to boot with it, but I failed. After booting, a blue screen appeared with the following text. (I am trying to translate it, since it was in Hungarian.)

"The system found an error and it has stopped. If you see this error message for the first time restart your computer. If it appears again, follow the steps listed bellow:
- virus scan
- remove hard disk drive if you installed it recently, and remove HDD drivers, too
- check if HDD is correctly configured
- run chkdsk /f program for searching HDD errors, then restart your PC
Technical info: STOP 0X0000007B (0XF7C55584, 0X0000034, 0X00000002, 0X00000000)"

I've tried to boot again with the same result.

I've also downloaded Net Driver Pack recommanded by Peter. I think it contains Marvell Yukon driver.

I also wanted to try to make an ISO file with nativeEX_barebone project, using the files from Net Driver Pack, but unfortunatelly I had deleted the downloaded nativeEX_barebone project. Therefore I had to download it again. When I started the building process, an error message appeared: "Missing support program. Please click the Download tab and download the Tools directory from updates.boot-land.net." But when I clicked to the Download tab updates.boot-land.net was inactive and an error message appeared: Failed to get file! I pressed OK, then "http://updates.boot-land.net is not valid to be used as webserver!" was the message. So I couldn't create a new ISO file containing network card driver files with nativeEX_barebone project.

Excuse me for writing so long but there was no other way to let you know my problems.
I've attached the the two log files to my post.

Any advice from you would be highly appreciated.

Attached Files

#22 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 05 May 2007 - 09:25 PM

updates.boot-land.net was "updated" today - so I've uploaded a completely fresh server with the changes provided by Peter.

Please try downloading again - it should work fine now.. :confused1:

#23 warynski

warynski

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:22 PM

Hi Nuno Brito!

Thank you for your reply!

I've downloaded nativeEX_barebone and Tools directory again, and create a new ISO file, but after booting with the new CD the error message was the same: No network card has been detected!

Then I did what Peter had recommanded, copied the Marvell Yukon driver files (two .inf and two .sys files) from Net Driver Pack into target\nativeEx\i386\system32\drivers folder, and run WinBuilder.exe again. I gave a new folder named ISO2 as target. WB has created the new ISO file into this folder, but this ISO file didn't contain the four files I had copied into i386\system32\drivers folder.

I've repeated this procedure with the same result.

I'm sure I did something wrong, but not able to find out what it was. Please tell me when, and where I should copy the network card driver files, so that they will be in system32\driver folder after creating ISO file.

Thank you in advance for your help!

#24 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:55 PM

I also wanted to try to make an ISO file with nativeEX_barebone project, using the files from Net Driver Pack, but unfortunatelly I had deleted the downloaded nativeEX_barebone project. Therefore I had to download it again. When I started the building process, an error message appeared: "Missing support program. Please click the Download tab and download the Tools directory from updates.boot-land.net." But when I clicked to the Download tab updates.boot-land.net was inactive and an error message appeared: Failed to get file! I pressed OK, then "http://updates.boot-land.net is not valid to be used as webserver!" was the message. So I couldn't create a new ISO file containing network card driver files with nativeEX_barebone project.

That really sometimes happens when the server is very busy. Just try again after a while.
I know, that's frustrating :confused1:

Peter

#25 warynski

warynski

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 06 May 2007 - 03:12 PM

Yes, I was a little bit nervous, but nothing serious...

Anyway, haven't you any tipps regarding my above post?
I've tried to do, what you had suggested, perhaps I misunderstood something...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users