File Name: Microsoft Silverlight 5.1.20913.0 (x86)
File Submitter: Vatansever
File Submitted: 19 Oct 2013
File Updated: 19 Oct 2013
File Category: App scripts
Tested Win7PE SE
Softpedia Editor's Review for Microsoft Silverlight A cross-browser, cross-platform plug-in designed to be the source of rich online user experiences
Thanks to the continuous evolution of the Internet and of web technologies, users can enjoy new and immersive experiences. One of the rather recent innovations that were especially designed for these purposes is Microsoft Silverlight.
This particular technology, apart from being cross-platform, is applicable to both 32-bit and 64-bit systems. Silverlight brings more fluid interfaces and provides many features for developers, as it strives to help them as well in creating unique media experiences.
The plugin greatly improves video quality and the playback performance is also turned up a notch. Animations are smoother than those presented in similar technologies and interaction plays a more important role in both developing and watching Silverlight content.
Among the most visible transformations can be noted 'Deep Zoom'. This feature is used with high-resolution imagery and it provides notably smooth and fast zoom to minimize loading times and stress on system apps and resources.
Another innovation present in Silverlight is called 'Perspective 3D Graphics'. It is meant to allow developers add content to three-dimensional plane. The users who view that content can, in turn, scale or rotate it as they wish.
For developers, this technology comes with many visual improvements that can be used in their applications. Among those, 'Pixel Shader' and 'Skinning and Styling' bring effects for animations and graphical content, as well as the ability to use those graphics to create personalized controls.
All in all, Microsoft Silverlight is definitely a step forward, as it provides innovations for both content creators and beholders. The content build using this tool is interactive and engaging as well and, as the support for Silverlight expands, it's a good idea to have it installed on your system. Microsoft Silverlight description
Here are some key features of "Microsoft Silverlight":
- Compelling Experiences
- Custom branded experiences using 2D vector graphics, animation, styling, and skinning
- HD video and adaptive streaming techniques for world-class media experiences
- Unparalleled interactivity with high resolution content through Deep Zoom technology enabling smooth browsing independent of screen size
- New Markets
- Multi-channel deployment of web applications to the desktop and devices through .NET
- Cost effective media delivery via Windows Server
- Monetization of media assets via protected content and advertising-enabled scenarios
- Thriving ecosystem of .NET and Windows Media partners, developers, and applications
- Team Productivity
- Rapid development through XML-based declarative markup and a full set of controls Role-specific productivity tools to enhance designer--developer collaboration, with Expression Studio, Visual Studio, and Visual Studio Team System
- Easy to add richness to AJAX applications and reduce cross-browser issues
- Windows Vista with Windows Internet Explorer 7, Firefox 1.5, Firefox 2
- Windows XP SP2 with Internet Explorer 6 or 7, Firefox 1.5, Firefox 2
- Windows Server 2003 (excluding IA-64) with Internet Explorer 6 or 7, Firefox 1.5, Firefox 2
- Windows 2000 with Internet Explorer 6 (Silverlight 2.0 Only)
- X86 or x64 500-megahertz (MHz) or higher processor with 128-megabytes (MB) of RAM
- Fixes security issue described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article: 2890788 MS13-087: Vulnerability in Silverlight could allow information disclosure: October 8, 2013
- Enables support for Internet Explorer 11 by writing registry keys at install time to support IE11's cross-browser plugin detection.
Click here to download this file