File Name: Mini-WinFE
File Submitter: misty
File Submitted: 14 Oct 2013
File Updated: 29 Apr 2017
File Category: Projects
This project is based on MistyPE. It's been scaled down and developed specifically for digital forensics acquisitions. Mini-WinFE has been co-developed with Brett Shavers to facilitate a simplified method for building a Windows Forensic Environment (WinFE).
Full documentation is included in the project download and here.
All you require to create a WinFE in a matter of minutes is the Mini-WinFE download, a Windows Source DVD (or mounted disc image) and any of the third party applications you want to include in the build - the WAIK or ADK is not required.
Supported applications include -
- CloneDisk (included)
- DMDE (included)
- Forensic Acquisition Utilities (included)
- FTK Imager (copied from local install)
- HWiNFO (included)
- LinuxReader (downloaded automatically)
- MW Snap (included)
- NT Password Edit (included)
- Opera (included)
- Sumatra PDF Reader (included)
- WinHex (copied from local install)
- X-Ways Forensics (copied from local install)
- Write Protect Tool (included)
Click here to download this file