#251 misty

misty

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 703 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 27 March 2017 - 07:13 PM

Thanks alacran - I'll double check the links in the download portal. More than likely an error on my part.

UPDATE - the download portal has the correct links. My own site doesn't! LOL!!!

I will update the link on my site tomorrow - probably as a redirect to the download portal here. FIXED

#252 alacran

alacran

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 473 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:33 PM

Hey fellow I think you need to also update the link in your signature, you still have the link to altervista.

It seams to me you need a break, it has been a lot of work in past two weeks.

alacran

#253 misty

misty

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 703 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 28 March 2017 - 07:03 AM

Hey fellow I think you need to also update the link in your signature, you still have the link to altervista.

Thanks for the reminder.

It seams to me you need a break, it has been a lot of work in past two weeks.

More like the last 6 to 7 weeks - initially updating the Tiny PXE Server guide, then 3 + weeks working on MistyPE (following a gentle reminder from someone about SysWoW64 support :whistling:)

The current beta appears stable. Docs to update, then some time out I think.

Misty

#254 Toope

Toope
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    Finland

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:56 AM

Just visit your new site but when trying to download it was MistyPE.2014.07.06.zip and I canceled it, it is not the last v2017.03.24

I do have the last version, but tested Toop links in post 246, first link is not working, the other 3 are OK, downloaded from one of them and cheked SHA 256 and it is OK too.

alacran

Hi. Wikisend link works for me.

Maybe you were blocking something with adblock or something?

There is no waiting time,you get to download it directly when you click download file.

Edited by Toope, 28 March 2017 - 10:57 AM.

#255 Toope

Toope
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    Finland

Posted 28 March 2017 - 01:31 PM

@alacran
If you had actually read the LaunchBar webpage you would have seen a way of running it in WinPE :whistling:

I made the same mistake and created lots of work for myself getting it to work in MistyPE.

The following is from an email I sent to the LaunchBar developer yesterday -

My initial workaround would have been a nightmare to implement in MistyPE - the config file is working fine and is implemented in my test build. More later.

Misty

Are you talking about the shareware launchbar?

It displays some break nag screens?

But then again,it works everytime as 30 days trial upon launching the winpe ?

edit:

nevermind i found your post,http://reboot.pro/to...e-9#entry202775and realized it is another, freeware launchar program. :)

Edited by Toope, 28 March 2017 - 01:35 PM.

#256 alacran

alacran

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 473 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 28 March 2017 - 06:15 PM

Hi. Wikisend link works for me.

Maybe you were blocking something with adblock or something?

There is no waiting time,you get to download it directly when you click download file.

@ Toope

Yes, you are right, Wikisend direct link from browser is still alive, but not from JDownloader maybe something is wrong with plugin for this site.

About launchbar, I know you realized it is another freeware launchbar program. The launchbar we were talking about is allready included in MistyPE project and working great.

alacran

#257 misty

misty

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 703 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:14 PM

An April Fools release is looking good :whistling:

Draft documentation is now available - http://www.mistyproj...type.docs.beta/.

The Tools > ADK and Tools > Cache Files scripts are covered in a bit more depth.

Feedback welcome.

Misty

#258 mortblanche

mortblanche

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:38 AM

errror

Edited by mortblanche, 29 March 2017 - 07:43 AM.

#259 mortblanche

mortblanche

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:42 AM

Hello MistyPE,

MistyPE has written

The new ADK script (Tools> ADK) does not add files to the Cache - it simply builds WinPE with the required Optional Components.
Cache Files script - select Option 1 (in the Tools> Cache Files script)> set the path to your ADK.wim file (created when running the Tools> ADK script)
> Set the path to your install.wim file> click on the small green play button. Checks will be made to ensure that your WinPE .wim (ADK.wim in this case) and install.wim match in looks to processor architecture
And version (e.g. 10.0.14393).

The instructions are in the process of being updated. There have been delays due to error reports, questions to respond to, and having to look into alternative hosting.

I followed the directions but nothing worked.

I am attaching my screenshots.

152388000.png

872258001.png

What do you think ?

Regards,

Mortblanche

#260 misty

misty

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 703 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:02 AM

@mortblanche
I think that you need to change the boot.wim image number to 1 (Cache Files script - 1] Index / Image Number (boot.wim))!

An ADK build will only contain one image in boot.wim (winpe.wim / ADK.wim) and you are trying to use an image that does not exist.

Misty

#261 mortblanche

mortblanche

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:36 AM

Hello MistyPE,

I followed your indications, it starts to make an action but in the newspaper, an error appears

Run - Failed to find [EFI.From.Install.WIM] in file: [% BaseDir% \ Projects \ MistyPE \ Core \ required.files.from.wim.script]

In what order, should it be done first? Or after the winPE build?

Regards,

Mortblanche

#262 misty

misty

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 703 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 29 March 2017 - 11:20 AM

@mortblanche
Are you using the most recent beta (2017-03-24)?

I can't find the string EFI.From.Install.WIM anywhere in the current project scripts.

Please try downloading the most recent file from the download portal.

I'll look into this when I get home later.

Misty

#263 mortblanche

mortblanche

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 02:54 PM

Misty,

I just checked it is the beta (2017-03-24)

I will resume from scratch to see.

thank you

Mortblanche

#264 alacran

alacran

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 473 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:59 PM

An April Fools release is looking good :whistling:

Draft documentation is now available - http://www.mistyproj...type.docs.beta/.

The Tools > ADK and Tools > Cache Files scripts are covered in a bit more depth.

Feedback welcome.

Misty

My friend everything looks good, just a few minor details I notice:

Changelog.txt not updated
===================================================================================

Project Options

5] Set 'boot.wim' Image number

If an existing cache is used, then the configuation file created.... Should say configuration

===================================================================================

Project Scripts

Sumatra - .PDF file reader. I have used the Optimised build as this includes a native x64

version - x64 is not supported in the original.SumatraOpt website
        Included in download - YES
        Processor Architecture - x86 and x64

Actually v3.1.2 has x86 and x64 builds:

https://www.sumatrap...pdf-viewer.html

Cache Files Script

Option 1

Option 1 is used to to create a cache from....  An extra to

Options 2

Option 2 is used to to create a cache from....  An extra to

Options 3

Option 3 is used to to create a cache from....  An extra to

And let me tell you I appreciate a lot your kind words in the last paragraph in Acknowledgments.  But this do not mean I am not going to say anything about Wireless Network  :rolleyes:  after you have a well-deserved rest. :hypocrite:

Best Regards

alacran

• misty likes this

#265 misty

misty

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 703 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 29 March 2017 - 11:24 PM

Thanks alacran.

Draft updated and a number of spelling mistakes corrected. Just noticed that the link in readme.html for cache files needs editing.

Changelog to be updated on release of the next build.

#266 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 13576 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:29 AM

And let me tell you I appreciate a lot your kind words in the last paragraph in Acknowledgments.  But this do not mean I am not going to say anything about Wireless Network  :rolleyes:  after you have a well-deserved rest. :hypocrite:

Hmmm, someone has seemingly found the way to grumpiness ... ;).

Wonko appreciates your moral integrity. :)

:duff:

Wonko 

#267 misty

misty

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 703 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 01 April 2017 - 07:10 AM

I made the (self-imposed) deadline - Project updated. MistyPE April Fools Build (or is it?)

Please use the Tools > Update Project script if upgrading from build 2017-03-22, 2017-03-23 or 2017-03-24.

Full download is available from the Download Portal (here). Ignore the broken download warning - it is working.

Really exciting news - erwan.l has developed DiskMgr for release with the porject. This is managed in the WinFE script and is aimed at WinFE usage. See here.

Changelog - here

Please test and feedback.

:cheers:

Misty

P.s. I will be taking some time out after putting some ridiculous hours into the project - but will be checking in. Please do report any errors or give feedback.
  • alacran likes this

#268 alacran

alacran

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 473 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 01 April 2017 - 02:58 PM

Just made 6 new builds using as sources: 7 SP1, 8.1U1 and 10 build 10.0.14393, all in both architectures 32 and 64 bits, 64 bits all including SysWOW64

All working just perfect, I notice it a little faster. Did you remove the 42 delay seconds?

alacran

#269 misty

misty

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 703 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 01 April 2017 - 03:02 PM

Just made 6 new builds using as sources: 7 SP1, 8.1U1 and 10 build 10.0.14393, all in both architectures 32 and 64 bits, 64 bits all including SysWOW64...

:thumbsup:

...All working just perfect, I notice it a little faster. Did you remove the 42 delay seconds?...

Yes I did. Although it was only a 42 second delay when every single project script was selected (1 second per script). The fewer scripts selected, the less in the way of speed savings.

Misty

#270 alacran

alacran

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 473 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 01 April 2017 - 03:45 PM

For testing pourposes I allways select all programs and included in boot.wim, also building in same PC, the change in speed was notorious for me, some times during programs scripts the screen was changing so fast that it seems to jump from one script  to the next fourth or seventh.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

alacran

#271 misty

misty

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 703 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 01 April 2017 - 04:50 PM

At the time the delay was added, some of the scripts were being processed so quickly that I coded the slight delay so that I could visually check the scripts were running ok. The delay has been growing with the number of scripts.

In retrospect, it seems a bit strange to have slowed the build process down!

#272 mortblanche

mortblanche

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 06:30 PM

Hello Misty,

I just tested the latest version of MistyPE.

Concerning DiskMgr, it works very well with the build 10586 of windows 10.

See the attached image.

[URL=http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=196370001.png]196370001.png/URL]>

Regards,

Mortblanche

Edited by mortblanche, 02 April 2017 - 06:30 PM.

#273 alacran

alacran

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 473 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 05 April 2017 - 10:16 PM

@ misty

This is a free tool from Kaspersky (106MB), updated very frecuently:

Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool: https://www.kaspersk...us-removal-tool

It runs very fine in any MistyPEx86 build, sources from 7.1 to 10, but when I run it from an x64 version it opens OK but there is a message in red saying Database is corrupt please download it again, then if I try again same file in any MistyPEx86 all is OK.

It seems to me there is a lack of maybe one/some *.dll(s) in SysWOW64. Could you please help me identify what is required? in order to add it to x64 Builds.

Best Regards

alacran

#274 misty

misty

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 703 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 06 April 2017 - 07:01 AM

Hi alacran,

unfortunately my time is a little bit limited at the moment due to work and family commitments - some of which have been a bit neglected recently due to all the work I've been putting in to various projects here.

I will look into this when I get the chance. In the interim, if you need virus scanning/removal, then you could try using the Microsoft Windows Defender Offline - see here for how to add it to WinPE.

Misty

Update - following a quick and dirty test (that involved injecting the full contents of SysWoW64 from the source install.wim file to MistyPE) I can confirm that it is definitely a file dependency as KVRT.exe appeared to run fine in this environment - using 64-bit Windows 8.1 source files. I have absolutely no idea which file or files are required though - you could try using dependency walker to check.

Update2 - You are in luck - I needed some distraction and managed to trace the dependency during my lunch break. Manually add the following file to the build, or alternatively to \Projects\Tools\wimlib.file.lists\syswow.USER.ADDED.txt -
* fltLib.dll

Please note that the Browse for Folder dialog is not working properly when you attempt to define a custom search - manually type any path that you want to scan.

:cheers:
  • alacran likes this

#275 alacran

alacran

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 473 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 06 April 2017 - 03:02 PM

@ misty

Thanks, I will add that file to my build, and also I am going to chek Microsoft Windows Defender Offline and report back.

I will not disturb you for some time.  You need a break and enjoy with your family, my best wishes.

alacran

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: winpe10, winpe5, winpe4, winpe3, winpe2, winpe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users