• Please log in to reply
280 replies to this topic

#226 mortblanche

mortblanche

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:43 PM

Good evening misty,

I found out where the blocking came from but removed the WinFE script.

It works very well

Regards,

#227 alacran

alacran

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 490 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 24 March 2017 - 12:38 AM

@ misty

After follow instructions on your posts # 218 & 221, I made a new build using as source 10x86 Build 10.0.14393, all is working fine now.

alacran

#228 michaeltheclyde

michaeltheclyde

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:women, music and women, in that order
  •  
    United States

Posted 24 March 2017 - 10:12 AM

Thank you for making this available.

REMEMBER

"If you don't play well with others

you could end up playing with yourself,

literally."

#229 misty

misty

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 703 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 24 March 2017 - 12:22 PM

Another day, another update :whistling:

Run Tools > Update Project to download the update. If your are updating from Project scripts dated 2017-03-22 or 2017-03-23 then a small download with just scripts will be automatically applied. For older builds the full update (dated 2017-03-22) will be downloaded. This will then need to be unpacked and the Tools > Update Project in the new download will have to be executed. Hope this makes sense.

Downloaded the update script from post #193 if you don't already have it.

Misty

P.s. The updates are relatively minor - custom wallpaper is fixed and there are some additions to the ADK script that fix errors I doubt anyone has yet noticed!

P.p.s. I'm hoping to concentrate on updating the instructions and don't have any additional changes planned for the project. This will hopefully give time for testing and feedback. Please report any bugs and I will try to fix them asap.

#230 misty

misty

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 703 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 24 March 2017 - 12:23 PM

@mchldpy and mortblanche - thanks for the feedback.

#231 alacran

alacran

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 490 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 25 March 2017 - 12:38 AM

Change Opera language

When running Opera from your WinPE there is not an option to change language, you need to close the browser and go to:

(This path may change depending of options during buid, this is for Programs in boot.wim)

X:\Programs\Opera\operaprefs_default.ini

Open and edit operaprefs_default.ini to your needs.

If you booted on RAM (or Programs are in boot.wim), this change is not permanent and needs to be done every time you boot your WinPE.

If you want to make the change permanent you need to make a new buid (or re-injection using "Tools | Advanced options -  Post Processing | Inject ALL Files"), before making a new buid (or re-Injection) go to:

MistyPE\Projects\Cache\Programs\Opera\operaprefs_default.ini

And/or

MistyPE\Projects\Cache\Programs\Opera12\operausb64_1216int\operaprefs_default.ini

Open operaprefs_default.ini and edit it.

e.g.: For spanish - Spain:

[User Prefs]
Language Files Directory={Resources}locale\es-ES
Language File={Resources}locale\es-ES\es-ES.lng

Open locale folder so see available languages

alacran

#232 misty

misty

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 703 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:28 AM

@alacran
Perhaps it's time to include Opera1218int in the build. With an option to change the default language - this should be relatively simply to script in the project.

I've been resisting adding this version of Opera due to significantly increasing the size of the download - will look into this option.

Misty

#233 misty

misty

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 703 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 25 March 2017 - 11:03 AM

Download portal updated with beta version 2017-03-24 - this is a full download package. It was getting a bit complicated for new users and there appears to be some recent interest in the download. Hopefully the beta is now stable enough for new users.

I'm hoping to update the docs and do some more testing before a new release - I'm aiming for 1/4/2017 as an April Fools Day release appeals to my sense of humour :whistling:

Misty

#234 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 13745 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 25 March 2017 - 03:24 PM

I'm hoping to update the docs and do some more testing before a new release - I'm aiming for 1/4/2017 as an April Fools Day release appeals to my sense of humour  :whistling:

Misty

Should you be late for any reason, there is still Towel's Day on the 25th of May that could be a suitable (humouristically speaking) release date ;).

https://en.wikipedia.../wiki/Towel_Day

:duff:

Wonko

#235 misty

misty

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 703 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:14 PM

@wonko
I sincerely hope that I get it finished release before the 25th May!

BTW, I'm not sure I know where my towel is :whistling:

Misty

#236 mortblanche

mortblanche

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 09:06 AM

Hello MistyPE,

Thanks for updating the program.

I encountered bugs:

The update via the script does not work, I am forced to do it in manual

The wallpaper does not work in spite of the good name given as indicate in the help.

The ADK script works but the latter does not use to make the winpe.

What do you think ?

Regards,

Mortblanche

#237 misty

misty

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 703 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 26 March 2017 - 10:14 AM

Please check the download portal for the latest beta (2017-03-24).

Sorry for the brief message - I'm using my phone.

#238 misty

misty

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 703 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:13 PM

My free hosting on Altavista has exceeded bandwidth limits for this month. See the MistyPW Windows 10 PE thread for more information.

Update script will consequently not work at the moment.

I've registered with a new hosting site - https://x10hosting.com/

We believe that hosting should be accessible to all, and that's precisely why we offer free hosting for everyone. We even give you unmetered bandwidth and disk space allowing your site to grow without fear of ridiculously low limits like our other free hosting competitors! You won't find many companies doing that free of charge!

New domain - http://mistyrebootfiles.x10host.com/

I'm in the process of uploading files to create a mirror. The most recent MistyPE build (2017-03-24) has already been uploaded and the download portal has been updated.

This will be useful as a mirror or may become the main site.

Regards

Misty

#239 misty

misty

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 703 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:17 PM

...The update via the script does not work, I am forced to do it in manual

The wallpaper does not work in spite of the good name given as indicate in the help.

The ADK script works but the latter does not use to make the winpe....

The Update script is not working as I have exceeded bandwidth limits on the Altervista hosting site.

I've registered with a new hosting site - refer to my preceding post. The download portal has been updated with new links for the new hosting site.

ADK and wallpaper should be fixed in the latest beta available via the download portal.

Misty

#240 alacran

alacran

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 490 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 27 March 2017 - 05:56 AM

@alacran
Perhaps it's time to include Opera1218int in the build. With an option to change the default language - this should be relatively simply to script in the project.

I've been resisting adding this version of Opera due to significantly increasing the size of the download - will look into this option.

Misty

@ misty

Well I'm using that version for both x86 & x64 builds since my last post, using same trick as in AmmyyAdmin, for Opera12 script. (didn't want to bother you), about size remember users has the option to select what they want to include in the build, in order to make it as big or small as they want. AFAIR if you include it in boot.wim it's about 9 MB increase in boot.wim size.

About dowload size from your page, try to keep it the smaller possible, you can make the users download it, your script has a link to do it (for the x64 v1216).

I don't think you need to remake the script, unless you want to, it is very easy for the user to make the language change as explained.

It looks to me your project is highly successful, congratulations!!!!!, after your hard work only thing needed was a little promotion, your post in new Windows 10 PE section was a good idea.

alacran

#241 mortblanche

mortblanche

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 08:02 AM

Hello MistyPE,

Thanks for the new version

For the wallpaper: it works again

For the ADK script - it does not work. When building the winpe, the ADK cache is not used to generate it.

What do you think ?

Regards,

Mortblanche

#242 misty

misty

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 703 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 27 March 2017 - 08:15 AM

Hello MistyPE,

Thanks for the new version

My pleasure

...For the wallpaper: it works again...

:thumbsup:

...For the ADK script - it does not work. When building the winpe, the ADK cache is not used to generate it....

The new ADK script (Tools > ADK) does not add files to the Cache - it simply builds a WinPE with the required Optional Components. The resulting build can then be used in the Tools > Cache Files script - select Option 1 (in the Tools > Cache Files script) > set the path to your ADK.wim file (created when running the Tools > ADK script) > set the path to your install.wim file > click on the small green play button. Checks will be made to ensure that your WinPE .wim (ADK.wim in this case) and install.wim match in regards to processor architecture and version (e.g. 10.0.14393).

The instructions are in the process of being updated. There have been delays due to error reports, questions to respond to, and having to look into alternative hosting.

Regards,

Misty

#243 Toope

Toope
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    Finland

Posted 27 March 2017 - 09:17 AM

Hi, the download is removed/not working:

Not Found

The requested URL /mistype/mistype.current/MistyPE.2017.03.24.zip was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

#244 misty

misty

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 703 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 27 March 2017 - 09:37 AM

Looks like the new hosting site removed the download :frusty:

Please download from the link in the following post for now - http://reboot.pro/to...10-pe/?p=202916

Sorry.

See post #247

#245 misty

misty

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 703 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 27 March 2017 - 10:19 AM

Another temporary solutions - https://sendit.cloud/9b8gvltex8v2

---------------------------
Checksum information
Name: MistyPE.2017.03.24.zip
Size: 53584170 bytes (51 MB)

CRC32: D6F9F557

CRC64: 90559A5705349276

SHA256: B0BAAA587EEB9120654F2F5FB15CD2C065614FD7C08F0B6254CCB617A8A9FAFA

SHA1: 93495C71A0A8243B28A95C1970E624EE8C5FDE5A

BLAKE2sp: 8668A1832990F7869B9148AAAAA60D4E006C5837D5ADD71BD3E17878D66B4E97

See post #247
  • Toope likes this

#246 Toope

Toope
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    Finland

Posted 27 March 2017 - 01:10 PM

Here's some working mirrors:

http://wikisend.com/download/242254/MistyPE.2017.03.24.zip

http://uploaded.net/file/22f8e5id

http://www.share-online.biz/dl/6UZ55HNOQL8

http://lilfile.com/K3UZFU

#247 misty

misty

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 703 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 27 March 2017 - 02:00 PM

MistyPE has a new and hopefully permanent home :thumbsup:

It's a paid for service offering unlimited downloads bandwidth, subject to some vague terms and conditions around acceptable usage and unspecified usage limits :frusty:

The download portal has been updated - downloads will hopefully be working.

My new site - http://www.mistyprojects.co.uk/
  • r3boot3d and Toope like this

#248 alacran

alacran

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 490 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 27 March 2017 - 06:20 PM

Success is hard to get, and when you get it, you have a price to pay for it.

alacran

#249 misty

misty

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 703 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 27 March 2017 - 06:40 PM

The irony is, I started the project as a way of sharing my own build methods - now I'm literally paying for the privilege!

P.s. I'm actually not complaining - this move is long overdue. Nuno was kind to offer hosting via reboot.pro when the project was started and I've avoided paying any hosting/domain name costs for over a decade.

#250 alacran

alacran

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 490 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 27 March 2017 - 07:09 PM

Just visit your new site but when trying to download it was MistyPE.2014.07.06.zip and I canceled it, it is not the last v2017.03.24

I do have the last version, but tested Toop links in post 246, first link is not working, the other 3 are OK, downloaded from one of them and cheked SHA 256 and it is OK too.

alacran

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: winpe10, winpe5, winpe4, winpe3, winpe2, winpe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users