Photo
- - - - -

Problem with Visual C++ runtime script: ExtractFile - Failed to expand file

Best Answer Penguin , 20 September 2013 - 06:42 AM

OK, I figured it out. The binary script of Visual C++ is corrupted (discovered by chance, when I was looking at the size of the binary script). I just downloaded the new one and it runs perfectly.

Thanks everyone who participating in this Win7PESE project. Your works are really amazing!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Penguin

Penguin
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    Vietnam

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:28 AM

Hi everyone,

I've just downloaded the lastest WinBuilder yesterday. Followed the instructions, I downloaded the project Win7PESE, edited some configurations and let the project ran.

The project runs smoothly until the script visual c++ runtime, it stops due to an error (said in the dialog of WinBuilder). I look at the logs and there's an error called

ExtractFile - Failed to expand file: [VC9Lite.7z] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\Win7PESE\Windows\WinSxS]

I think there's some problem with this VC9 (visual c++ 2008 runtime), so I back to the Components > MS Visual C++ runtime section, uncheck the box "Visual C++ 2008 (9.0)" and also its correspond "Lite (latest)" box and let the project run again. But the project stops again at the Visual C++ script. This time, the logs indicate an error like this:

ExtractFile - Failed to expand file: [VC10.7z] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\Win7PESE\Windows\WinSxS]

I'm very confused. I have to uncheck the whole Visual C++ script (in order to let the project not to include this script) so that the project can continue.

I would like to ask, is there anyway to fix this? Have anyone experienced this error before? And is it necessary to include visual c++ runtime in WinPE (I want to create a Win7PE for doing recovery tasks, just in case)?

Thanks in advance! :)

Edited by Penguin, 04 September 2013 - 08:29 AM.

#2 Penguin

Penguin
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    Vietnam

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:42 AM   Best Answer

OK, I figured it out. The binary script of Visual C++ is corrupted (discovered by chance, when I was looking at the size of the binary script). I just downloaded the new one and it runs perfectly.

Thanks everyone who participating in this Win7PESE project. Your works are really amazing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users