• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Peter80

Peter80

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 124 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:12 PM

I am using YUMI to create multiboot USB. The usb flash drive is formated in FAT32 and i have Windows 7 installed on my machine.

First i added Parted Magic iso file to the USB and restarted. When boot menu appear i select Parted Magic but when it starts loading it comes to a stage when starts searching for PMAGIC_2013_08_01.SQFS file and than it show message that the file is not found.

Then i added GParted iso file, restarted and selected GParted from the menu and when it starts loading it shows lot of these lines: modprobe: module unknown not found in moduls.dep, and then a message "Boot Failed"

I am not sure but i think this is more a problem with YUMI multi boot creator than the iso files.

Can someone help me? I have never done multi boot USB before, only single boot.

Thanks! 

#2 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7566 posts
  • Interests:computers, programming (masm,vb6,C,vbs), photography,TV,films
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:14 PM

Make sure you have the latest version of YUMI. It should create a proper menu. The problem with YUMI, pendrivelinux, sardu, etc, is that they need to 'know' intricate details about each linux distro and version in order to make the correct menu entries. If you try slightly older versions of the ISOs then they will probably work.

or

(here comes a plug!)

Try my Easy2Boot multiboot prject which will work with 99% of any linux ISOs (no matter what date/version). You do have to download each iso that you want yourself however and then manually copy the ISO file to the Easy2Boot USB stick. It is not as easy and automatic as YUMI and the others, but if you mainly boot linux ISOs it could be just what you want and will work with recent versions of linux just as easily as older versions as it does not rely on having to know any details or cheat codes used by each different linux version. </end_plug>

#3 Peter80

Peter80

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 124 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:51 PM

I tried Easy2Boot and it worked. I prepared the USB with RMPrepUSB then added Parted Magic and GParted iso files  and made the files contiguous. I was able to boot both iso files without a problem. But it's a lot more steps than YUMI.

I hope someone who is using YUMI can tell me where to look to fix the problem. I guess the problem is in the boot files or menu files. I am using the last version YUMI-0.1.0.5

#4 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7566 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:41 PM

Glad it worked for you. Once you have made the E2B boot drive you can just add any more linux iso files you like now.

re, YUMI - contact the developers and report the problem and they will bring out a revised version.

#5 Peter80

Peter80

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 124 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:16 AM

I think i found the problem with YUMI. I was trying to add Parted Magic iso through "Try un Unlisted ISO" option, i didn't know it is listed in category list. I added Parted Magic through category entry and it is working. I also noticed that when i add iso file through category entry it extract the iso and when i add it through "Try un Unlisted ISO" it just copy the iso file. May be that's why it didn't work.

#6 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7566 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:19 AM

Of course! If the exact version is not listed then choose the nearest version that you can.

#7 Peter80

Peter80

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 124 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:30 AM

My usb drive is 8GB but after formating it it shows 7.48GB free space. What happened with the rest 520MB?

#8 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7566 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:47 AM

7.48GB = 8,031,588,843 bytes = 8GB, so you have 31,588,843 bytes extra - you should give them back ;-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users