4 replies to this topic

#1 Slimmer

Slimmer
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:39 AM

I received my Isostick recently and got everything working except for isosel. When  I plug in the Isostick you do see the flash drive and the optical drive and when I boot from isostick my computer just boots to the OS. When I remove isosel.bin I can boot from the optical drive and install from the booted iso. So is there any way to fix this? I am testing on an HP ProBook 4530s and the BIOS version is f.29 (September 2012). I plan to test on Dell Optiplex models: 620, 745, 755, 760, 960, 990, and 9010's. Please let me know if maybe there is something I am missing or doing wrong. Thanks!

#2 elegantinvention

elegantinvention

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 310 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:59 PM

Hi Slimmer, welcome to the forums :)

This is a bug in the current firmware, and will be fixed in the upcoming release.

Details can be found at the Trello board.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

#3 Slimmer

Slimmer
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:25 PM

Thanks for the reply, I must have missed that on trello. Anyways, I wanted to add to the tested hardware list but I didn't see an option to edit or submit.

One more quick question: will isostick updater alert me of an update or do I need to find out through this website or the software?

#4 elegantinvention

elegantinvention

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 310 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:15 PM

For the wiki, you'll have to create an account first. You can do that here: http://wiki.isostick...age&type=signup

The isostick updater will always show the latest firmware in the list, and highlight the version you currently have installed.

If you mean updates to the updater software itself, the latest version will not notify you so you will have to check http://isostick.com or here. There's an RSS feed for updates. There's also a feed just for firmware updates, and one for software updates.

#5 Slimmer

Slimmer
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:41 PM

Ok, I got this thing tested on a good bit of Hardware today and added it all to the tested hardware page. Thanks for the quick replies and I love the product! Keep up the great work!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: isosel, mounting, booting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users