I'm developing custom disk driver using ImDisk.NET wrapper, which works through DevIO. I'm experiencing problems with driver:
- delayed write failure messages from NTFS driver
- sometimes it stops responding
So I want to find causes for these issues. However:
- I miss logging. Can I setup ImDisk to log all requests from the system and results (success/fail) somewhere? The same question for ImDisk.NET. Fortunately, I can reproduce the issues even on relatively small virtual drives, so storing full access logs will be fine for me.
- I've setup remote debugging in virtual machine for my C# code. However, at the moment when driver stops responding, Visual Studio Remote Debugger also stops responding for some reason, despite the fact, that it has nothing to do with virtual disks my driver creates for testing purposes.
- Last resort option: setup kernel debugging for ImDisk. Can someone share manual on his successful setup for it?