1 reply to this topic

#1 Robgzz

Robgzz

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:09 PM

OK, please take in mind that I´m no programmer, hacker or whatever, just a regular windows user guy using what is available  for nonprogrammer people.

Whats the problem?

The problem you already know, Hirens Boot Cd Mini XP in USB doesnt load the programs. I understand that is becasue hirens look for HBCD folder in the root of the drive (ISO or USB), one way to fix this is what Steve told everyone. extract the HBCD folder to the root of the usb... But you will have the Hirens iso + HBCD thats almost as twice space in the drive.

In addition, I want to have different versions of Hiren boot cd... you know hiren only uses freeware since some time ago... and other hirens cd has nonfree softwares...

I cannot have 2 HBCD folders in the root of the usb, so what I did is this:

• Add my 2 or 3 or 8 ISOs to usb using XBoot
  • Open Hirens boot cd, open Mini XP
  • Load Mini XP without the HBCDmenu for the programs...
  • Open explorer, explore the USB drive, right click hirens ISO and mount the iso with Imdisk as a virtual CD
  • Then I run  X:\I386\System32\startup.cmd
  • Now the HBCD programs are reloaded and found in the Virtual drive... (some programs works, and other ask for a DLL

Now the problem is that needs a DLL, the MSVBVM60.dll

I Wanted to reload all drivers and prograsm like MIniXP in the startup, but I only found startup.cmd, somebody knows what to do to load the MSVBVM60.dll, it should be installed by one program in hbcd but which?

What Im going to do is find the MSVBVM60.dll and keep it on root to copy it later... but maybe tomorrow and I will keep you informed.

#2 Robgzz

Robgzz

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:16 PM

Also I forgot to tell:

I tried with ReloadShell cmd, didnt work as expected...

All tests I did were done in Qemu, maybe something will change when I actually boot the multiboot USB I did.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users