2 replies to this topic

#1 emerica243

emerica243

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:26 PM

So basically i have WinServer2008. Its running WDS with my Windows 7 image setup. I then followed this tutorial here and incorporated PXELINUX into the mix to be able to also serve out ISO files. Mainly WinPE based images built using WinBuilder to be able to trouble shoot issues on unbootable windows machines.

So i have a working PXE Boot process where it loads my pxelinux menu and i currently have two boot options in the PXELINUX.CFG/Default file which are the following.

This, which boots the Win7 image within WDS. When this boots, its loads at full GBIT speeds on my lan.

LABEL wds7
MENU PASSWD
     MENU LABEL Windows ^7 eCore 70500
     KERNEL pxeboot.0

And

LABEL ^Win7PE EETech - Minimal Version
kernel memdisk
APPEND iso raw initrd=YOUNGWINPEDSS7MIN.ISO

When this loads, for some reason it only runs at 100mbit, on the gbit lan. Im guessing its because of PXELINUX limitation? So i came across a thread on here about iPXE and UNDIONLY.kPXE supporting full gbit speeds.

My problem is im not sure why im getting even worse speeds then PXELINUX. Heres how im trying to use iPXE instead.

I added this menu entry to the DEFAULT file for PXELINUX

LABEL test
     MENU LABEL test
     KERNEL IPXE.KRN

This boots me into iPXE, i then tried doing INITRD HTTP://MYPC/YOUNGWINPEDSS7MIN.ISO 

But this loads the file at only 10MBIT!

Is there not a way to utilize the full gbit lan speeds? When i boot the WDS image, it utilizies it. But iPXE and PXELINUX does not.

#2 emerica243

emerica243

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:37 PM

Ive also found the whole WIMBOOT thing and i just tried that method from http://ipxe.org/wimboot

When it starts wimbootin the BOOT.WIM file the speed is also still limited to 10mbit on my 1gbit lan.

#3 emerica243

emerica243

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:42 PM

anyone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users