Photo
- - - - -

How to avoid VirtualBox to Pause my virtual machine when my computer is out of memory?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Michele13

Michele13

Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 167 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:19 PM

VirtualBox Pauses my virtual machine when my computer is out of memory and this is for me a very nasty thing because I need to work with my VM and I can't do this...my computer has 1GB of RAM and is running Windows XP...I can't even install a debian base system with a text interface that when I have to partition my hardrive my sweet VirtualBox pauses the virtual machine...And I'm not able to resume it because of Guru mediation! For me VirtualBox became the worst VM ever from ages...I was able to work with my pc with that program even if my pc had only 512MB of RAM but Now I can't do anything with that...there isn't an option to avoid VirtualBox to avoid to pause my VM and nobody seems to have my problem..oh of course everyone has a computer with 1 TB of RAM at the time I'm writing...well I don't...I need a Virtual Machine program that I can carry on my usb thumb drive...Qemu would be perfect but it's too slow even if I install KQemu... can someone help me to hack VirtualBox to force the program to stop pausing my Virtual Machine when my computer has low memory? I don't run any app and it always run out of memory...oh man, you have 768MB of RAM to do your buisness so how can you run out of memory, my dear pc? Sorry if I'm a little angry...but this is frustrating. I hope that someone can understand me....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users