I've been looking for a solution for this for a long time...hoping to find a solution here...
i've religously followed Sir Cristian Magadan's tutorial...
and been able to boot winxp via aoe (encountered problems along the way, but successfully managed to get it working)
i've been able to boot it only on old systems (g31 and g41)
but...using the exact same method of successfully booting the above systems but using new hardware
h61 (gigabyte h61m-ds2+intel g620) have not able to boot successfully, always stop (7b) or stuck at loading screen
now, this has been the common problem of the above tutorial and googling about the topic
leads to no answers
these are the steps i've taken to successfully aoe boot on my g31, g41
1) install winxp (mines an nlited winxp sp3, without driverpacks) on a single 3gb partition, disabled pagefile
2) installed only lan driver (via driverpack solution)
3) installed aoe driver
4) set lan card driver "start" parameter to 0
5) used dd to image whole partition to a "shared" drive on the server (IMG file created)
6) disconnecting drive and enabling network boot, while serving the IMG via vblade
I've used this steps to successfully network boot 6pcs i have here (g31, g41) without problems
i tried this same steps on the h61 board, it doesn't work...
the gigabyte mobo uses UEFI
tried updating to standard drivers (ide+isa), still won't boot
haven't tried creating vhd from virtualbox, then using that...i will try that next...
enabled /sos on boot.ini, stuck on the first screen where cpu and memory is displayed
what could seem to be the problem? as the steps i've taken works on the old architecture...
i'm trying to solve this for the longest time...
i will give more details on what i've done, also reading "universal xp", "usb boot", other topics that could
help me in this one...