3 replies to this topic

#1 tryingtolearn

tryingtolearn
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

Let me start by saying if this is not how to ask for help feel free to let me know the propper way i am new ok down to information i need most will probly laugh but what can i say i have never done this befor

Ok this is the information i need i am building a Windows 7 PE Live USB useing WINBUILDER v80 now my HP Computer is running a 32 bit (x86)  Operating System but the Windows 7 PE Live USB Build that I am creating is for a Laptop that was designed to run a 64 bit (x64) Operating System there for the information i need is do i make the said build with a 32 bit (x86) Operating System base along with 32 bit (x86) drivers and programs or do i do i make the said build with a 64 bit (x64) Operating System base along with the drivers and programs

#2 deaks

deaks

• Advanced user
  • 22 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

Hi Tryingtolearn

To my knowledge if your laptop will take a 64bit OS then a 32bit OS will also run on it as well.

It just doesnt work the other way round, you cant put a 64bit os on a 32bit system.  it all comes down to the CPU..weather its a 32bit or 64bit processor.

Hope this helps.

#3 Sha0

Sha0

WinVBlock Dev

• Developer
  • 1682 posts
  • Interests:Booting
  •  
    Canada

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

If the USB storage device will only ever be used to boot your AMD64-compatible laptop, you can use either; it doesn't matter.  (Assuming the Windows 7 PE Live WinBuilder project is happy with either.)

#4 tryingtolearn

tryingtolearn
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

Thank you for the quick responses and it is a 64 bit cpu and as of now my hard drive is non existance so the USB is primary that is why i need to establish what build will work the best

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users