Once you get this working I'm sure you'll find it very easy and as fast as it gets over the internet.
It is not that difficult to add httpdisk to a PE image. Just mount your wim with dism or imagex, then copy httpdisk.sys and httpdisk.exe to the right locations, load registry hive to enter registry entries from httpdisk.reg, then unload hive, commit changes to wim and unmount. Done.
I'm still having problems with the Windows 7 http deployment...
Following your advices I tried to make it work by the next steps:
1. I install WAIK for Windows 7 and I created the Win7Pe x86 image renamed to boot.wim
2. I open the terminal for WAIK implemtations.
3. I ran the following commands:
imagex /mountrw boot.wim 1 c:\mount
reg load HKLM\test c:\mount\windows\system32\config\system
in order to load the system hive registry
4. Once regedit is open, then I edit the httpdisk.reg file in order to load it into the new registry hive (test):
# When to start the driver:
# At boot: Start=1
# Manually: Start=3
5. Once edited the httpdisk.reg file (just the path changed (SYSTEM for test)...I open the httpdisk.reg file and I added to the new registry hive (test)
6. All seems fine because the new registry added looks exactly like the old HttpDisk registry (but the Enum folder entry) I made in order to test httpdisk from my server computer.
7. Then I browse the folder C:\mount\WINDOWS\System32\drivers and I copied the two necessaries files for making the httpdiksk.exe work: "httpdisk.exe and httpdisk.sys(x86) to system32\drivers"
8. I ran the last two commands:
reg unload HKLM\test
imagex /unmount /commit c:\mount
All operations finished succesfully but...
After booting Win7PE over http I ran the command:
httpdisk /mount 0 http://69ddwrt.no-ip...ot/seven/W7.iso /cd z:
and I got the same result as before, like when I didn't copy the httpdisk.sys file to system32\drivers folder
the system cannot find the path specified
Then I had a look on the registry and all the hives look correct (even here appears the Enum entry) but for some reasons I think the httpdisk.sys isn't loaded into the Win7Pe image.
I ping 69ddwrt.no-ip.org and everything looks fine but....I tried to download some files like sc.exe or any other file from my root server but system reports same result... network path not found or some similar error...
Does anyone what I'm doing wrong?
Edited by 69jakk, 10 January 2013 - 06:30 PM.