Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 178 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

POPULAR

Hi everyone,

***I am willing to start a competition for the best Reboot.Pro tutorials for the year 2012 in Windows 8 PE and Windows 7 PE with 1 winner only for each category, 1 winner in W8PE and 1 Winner in W7PE, I would give away 2 prizes as follows:

- 1 prize for W8PE winner ( 1 Windows 8 pro [full / not upgrade] retail license key+ 1 Office 2013 pro plus license key + 1 set of original W8pro 32/64 backup DVDs brand new factory sealed.(worth over $500)

-1 prize for W7PE winner ( 1 Windows 8 pro [full / not upgrade] retail license key+ 1 set of original W8pro 32/64 backup DVDs brand new factory sealed + 1 license key for Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 / 1 year subscription.(worth $ 190)

*** The tutorials must be in detail steps from A-Z ,neat,clean.step by step explanation with pictures,very easy to follow and understand for novice users as well as professionals,and most of all ERROR FREE (the type of tutorials that I do-check my tutorials so you have an idea how your tutorial should look like).

*** The tutorials should include all applications possible to integrate into the PE distribution you will make, providing all solutions of add/remove and what if/how to solutions, so the reader can choose what to install and what not to and what to do for any of his choises he will make to build his own WIN PE invironment

*** It doesnt matter you have submitted before a successfull tutorial in the past anywhere, you should re-submit it for this competition again from scartch, and do not use your own backgrounds and wallpapers, use the default backgrounds and wallpapers and icons and  themes, etc..so not to distract the reader, and to make everything nice,clean and original work.

*** I will ask my friends here, Nuno Brito and Wonko the Sane to announce this Reboot.Pro competition after they see what/how  they can arrange this competition and under what category should the tutorials be submitted for this competition, etc, also they are free to choose to add or not any judges to decide the winners in the end.

*** This cometition will start from today and ends on 31 Dec 2012 , so you have 13 days to work hard for this, and 1 week or more after that the judges will decide the winners, after testing the tutorials extensively from all aspects.

**** These are the main guidelines I wanted to say here, and will leave all the arrangements and details to Nuno Brito and Wonko the Sane to start this competition and announce it and give it a go.

Good luck everyone

regards

jamal

• Nuno Brito, RoyM and Master of Disaster like this

#2 vvurat

vvurat

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 319 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

here is mine as a topic. i do not have time to collect and write them as a document. feel free to accept or not. are they msdn keys or retail keys?

http://www.msfn.org/...-from-winpe-30/

#3 Jamal H. Naji

Jamal H. Naji

Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 178 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

here is mine as a topic. i do not have time to collect and write them as a document. feel free to accept or not. are they msdn keys or retail keys?

http://www.msfn.org/...-from-winpe-30/

Thank you vvurat, lets see what Nuno Brito and Wonko the Sane decide about that, but one of the main compete points here is to submit your tutorial specifically for this competition, and not submit links to previous work, do it from scratch, step by step, etc, read qualifications for this that I mentioned, of course anyone can submit here on this page the links for his previous work, but that does not qualify him/her for the tutorial competition I am offering, and also  don't you worry about keys, the winner will get everything factory sealed as described above. good luck everyone.

• Master of Disaster likes this

#4 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 10503 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

I'd say its competition time! :thumbup:

The weekly newsletter was sent this afternoon. Since this is a special ocasion, tomorrow a new message will be dispatched to the community. Great innitiative Jamal. :smart:

• Jamal H. Naji likes this

#5 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 14132 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:21 PM

Wonko the Sane has just two notes to make:

1. IMHO the 13 days time line is a bit too "tight", if we want submissions with some actual value we should allow a larger timeframe, possibly 31st January 2013
  2. there is a logical flaw (without any detriment of any kind to the nice idea :thumbup: and to the generosity of Jamal H. Naji :worship:) a prize should be something one actually wants 

For NO apparent reason ;):

http://www.zdnet.com...ate-7000008479/

http://blogs.law.har...hate-windows-8/

Seriously, just like the current mini-7-PE competiition, it would be nice if the winner could be chosen among and not between submissions.

:cheers:

Wonko

• RoyM and Jamal H. Naji like this

#6 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 6692 posts
  • Interests:computers, programming (masm,vb6,C,vbs), photography,TV,films,guitars
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

Good Idea! I too would suggest a longer timeframe.

What form should the tutorials take? A reboot.pro new topic? A PDF or must it be text and pictures embedded in a reboot.pro post, or can it point to an off-site web page?

I would suggest that each submission is done as a separate topic (titled something like WinPE8 COMPETITION SUBMISSION - Project xxxxx'?) so that each project can be commented on individually and I would suggest that each is given a unique name by the author so it is easy to refer to any particular entry by name in case one author submits more than one entry.

Can the tutorial be revised any number of times before the deadline? How will they be judged? Will they be voted on by reboot.pro members or by judges?

What is the definition of 'best'?

• Easiest to follow
  • Containing fewest mistakes
  • Most comprehensive
  • Most flexible
  • Quickest to install s/w and build
  • Quick to boot
  • Contains most drivers (or easy to add drivers)
  • Best for diagnostics/rescue
  • Best for day-to-day use
  • Best for a beginner or best for a professional/hacker
  • Any size limit?

• Jamal H. Naji likes this

#7 Jamal H. Naji

Jamal H. Naji

Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 178 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

Thank you Nuno Brito , Wonko the Sane. Steve6375

1- I have no issue if you want to extend the time for 1 more month if someone wants to compete and need more time to finish his tutorial, I agree, why not ? lets give him more time if he wants/needs  that time, let him tell us on this page that he wants to compete and he needs more time and we will give him that time.

2- Defenition of best will be / ERROR FREE / very well illustrated (any tutorial with errors will automatically be eleminated from this competition, because whats the use of writing something that cannot be applyied ?)

3- Tutorials can be submitted here as an attached PDF file here on this page,telling us here is my tutorial for this competition,as easy as that(as I said earlier - step by step text and pictures / the type of Tutorials I do / easy to follow and understand for anyone)

4- Linking to an outside page or sourse is not acceptable, the competitor needs to put his work here, from scratch, he builds his tutorial specifically for this competition(as I said before, do not use your own wallpapers and themes and icons, etc, use the default, tutorial should look original work-with minimum fuss)

5- I will extend this competition for Novice/beginners and the winners will get in each category, there will be 1 winner in W8PE, and 1 winner in W7PE, each one will get ( 1 retail package Windows 8 Pro Upgrade + 1 Retail License key for Norton Ghost 15 ) worth $ 100

6- Tutorials will show us the best of what that professional can do / error free, some of you can add 100 applications in that PE build, and some  can add 10 applications, the major issue here will be ERROR FREE/ Well illustarted, if they both get Error free/ well illustrated, then we will consider how much effort and expertise had been put down in that tutorial.

7- Members of Reboot.Pro can vote on the tutorial no problem with that, but winning will be decided by judges, based on testing those tutorials extensively and making sure they are error free/well illustrated. I can assure you Steve6375 the only one who worked hard for this will win.

regards

jamal

• Master of Disaster likes this

#8 ericgl

ericgl

Frequent Member

• Expert
  • 314 posts
  •  
    Israel

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

I think my WinPE4.0 tutorial qualifies.

It's in the tutorials section, right here:

http://reboot.pro/to...e-40-usb-drive/

Good luck to everyone!

#9 wimb

wimb

Gold Member

• Developer
  • 2287 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

Make_PE3 Program to Create Portable Windows 7 PE

http://reboot.pro/to...e-windows-7-pe/

and in Tutorials Section http://reboot.pro/tu...e-windows-7-pe/

#10 Master of Disaster

Master of Disaster

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
    Monaco

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:54 AM

:hi: :hi:Thank you Jamal..very nice initiative :good:

#11 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 14132 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

I may read this wrongly :unsure:, but:

4- Linking to an outside page or sourse is not acceptable, the competitor needs to put his work here, from scratch, he builds his tutorial specifically for this competition(as I said before, do not use your own wallpapers and themes and icons, etc, use the default, tutorial should look original work-with minimum fuss)

seems like pre-existing and published - no matter where - tutorials do not count  :dubbio:

Wonko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users