#1 iqbal88

iqbal88

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
    Bangladesh

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:08 PM

Hello,

I have facing problem to use Hiren's Boot CD 15.2 in USB.

Which I burned to USB with grub4dos, what instucted in here

First menu show fine.........

But when I hit in DOS Programs, Error is following:

Posted Image

existing code in menu.lst

title Dos ProgramsnRun Dos Programsset dos=/HBCD/Dos/dos.gzfind --set-root /HBCD/Boot/dos.img && set dos=/HBCD/Boot/dos.img# to make big floppy image of all the dos programs (Useful when booted from NTFS usb drive) open HBCDDOSdosimg.cmdfind --set-root %dos%map --mem %dos% (fd0)map --hookchainloader (fd0)+1rootnoverify (fd0)map --floppies=1

And when I hit in Linux Based Rescue Environment, error is following:

Posted Image

existing code in menu.lst

title Linux based rescue environment (Parted Magic 2012-10-10)nTo manage partitions, backup and recoveryset pm=/HBCD/Boot/pmagic.lstfind --set-root %pm%set lang=usset opt=configfile %pm%

Please solve my problem

Thanks in advance

Edited by iqbal88, 05 December 2012 - 07:09 PM.

#2 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:01 AM

Hello,

You can try to follow the tutorial from rmprepusb and see how it goes: http://www.rmprepusb.../tutorials/hbcd

Whenever in doubt, the grub4dos forum section on this forum is hosted at http://reboot.pro/forum/66-grub4dos/

I recommend that you read through the documentation over the pinned topics to see how the syntax works. Also as alternative, you can build your own boot disk using a project that creates the USB Windows XP + DOS disk. Look around the site at the downloads portal to find these projects.

Good luck.

#3 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7566 posts
  • Interests:computers, programming (masm,vb6,C,vbs), photography,TV,films
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

For the set command, you need a more recent version of grub4dos.

Download chenal's latest Featured build from here and copy the grldr file to you boot drive to replace the old version -

or download the latest 2.1.652 version of RMPrepUSB and hit the "Install grub4dos" file to add the latest version. 

• Motasem likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hirens bootcd 15.2, dos, error, parted magic error, dos error

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users