Competition Goal for 2012: A Barebone Win7PE
Before the end of the year, we'd like to give a good farewell to Win 7 in reboot style.
Note: You need to present your projects on this competition before the end of this year.
Note: To see who won this competition, please visit http://reboot.pro/17801/#168335
We'll award the coolest and most fashionable Win7PE project bellow 100Mb. The prize is an ISOstick from http://www.isostick.com/
- Overall size bellow 100Mb (compression is allowed)
- Windows Explorer must work
- Use a tool at your choice to automate the building steps (winbuilder, batch scripts, anything goes)
Call your friends to help, try the craziest things that come to your mind and post here on this topic your proposals for others to try out and give feedback. If the winner of this competition is supported by another forum across the web then a URL back to the supporting forum will be mentioned on reboot award.
Everyone: We need help spreading the word. Please post the link to this topic on your google-plus or other favorite forum sites around the Internet. The more people knowing about this event, the better. Thanks!
The goal is to have fun and squeeze those megabytes to fit the limits. The 2012 winner of the light-weight Win7 PE competition will be announced on the end of December.
Additional notes (from questions of participants)
- Not restricted to Windows PE, if you manage to make a mini-Windows 7 within the requirements it is accepted
- The winner takes the award, the other participants get ranked and listed accordingly (2nd, 3rd, ..., positions)
- Teams are accepted. Work with your friends
- Publish early, get feedback early. We will only review new works until the 23rd of December. Present your work early to get feedback early or it might not be considered at all
- No ready-made ISOs please. Microsoft restricts the distribution of their files, therefore we need to be able of building your project using some automated tool (winbuilder, batch scripts, whatever you like to use)
- There is no world record established for the minimum sized Windows 7 install so this is a good opportunity to present the slimmest Windows 7 to date.
- After reaching the minimum of 100Mb required to apply, the look, functionality and size count
Edited by Nuno Brito, 23 February 2013 - 12:20 PM.
Changed topic to announce winners