3 replies to this topic

#1 Maven

Maven
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    Spain

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:44 PM

This is something that i dont understand: i download XBoot, make USB Bootable with some isos, tested in 3 system and works perfect, The USB Bootable works fine and all ISOs are accesible, but with the Asus M4A89GTD PRO mobo i can't load any ISO, all iso go blanck or stop loading the basic menu.

The XBoot USB Bootable disk works perfect in 3 system, ¿whats the posible reason that do no load any iso in this mobo?

#2 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 15604 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

Maven,
you have to understand how Xboot is nothing but a (IMHO half@ssed) .Net based wraparound - seemingly abandoned - around a few "base" booting tools.

If you prefer it is a simplified GUI wizard for a number of tools that may contain (in the versions that come with Xboot) bugs, incompatibilities and what not.

It is likely that the latest version of the same base tool has had the bug or incompatibility fixed (or maybe not).
First thing you should do would be to check the version of Syslinux and/or grub4dos that you have on the stick, and update it.

To do so, you will have to forget the nice looking interface and learn a bit about the used tools and how to configure/troubleshoot them "directly", they are the ones that "do all the work" anyway.

:cheers:
Wonko

#3 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7327 posts
  • Interests:computers, programming (masm,vb6,C,vbs), photography,TV,films,guitars, www.easy2boot.com
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

Try partitioning the drive first using RMPrepUSB and set the 'Boot as HDD (2PTNS)' option - then use XBOOT to install the iso's etc.

#4 Maven

Maven
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    Spain

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:20 PM

Thank you all for the advices.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users