2 replies to this topic

#1 BobxT

BobxT

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:39 AM

In Win7PE 082, "1-files.Script" there is an option:- "Files Copy:" with two selectable options.

Default is "Standard" and the other is "Full".

Can someone please tell me the function of these two options.

And what will happen if I choose "Full"..?

I have tried searching in the forum and I can't seem to find any info. Neither is there and notes in the Winbuilder project script as far as I can find. Is the Search in the forum broken..?

TIA,
BobxT.

Edited by BobxT, 08 October 2012 - 01:18 AM.

#2 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:50 PM

In Win7PE 082, "1-files.Script" there is an option:- "Files Copy:" with two selectable options.

Default is "Standard" and the other is "Full".

Can someone please tell me the function of these two options.

And what will happen if I choose "Full"..?

While there might not be explainations as to why it is this way in the script, the intent for standard is to make the WIM smaller if there are limited apps you want to use - i.e. a bare bones set of files. So it picks and chooses what to copy. And, Full is exactly what it says. Copy all the files over, making the wim larger.

Not sure it matters much either way...most "modern" (capable of even running Win7) machines are fast enough that a few extra seconds on the boot to load the files doesn't matter too much, and also the need to fit into smaller RAM foot print isn't as big an issue as in the days of XP...But why copy and then load files if you don't need them...

SO, if all the apps you want to use work fine, use standard. If they don't, try full.

As for "search", not sure anyone ever asked "why" the option existed before...:)

:cheers:
Scott

#3 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:30 AM

The choice between "Full" and "Standard" has been set as "WIM type CD standard" by NightMan, when he published the first "WIM" project, namely VistaPE.

This "WIM type CD standard" has been used by all later "WIM" projects, of course with according changes in several scripts.

There is a third choice for Win7 sources.

The Win7 source CD contains WinRe.wim, which usually is used to rebuild a crashed host win7 system.
multiPE offers to use WinRe.wim as base for the win7pe.
Of course there is a small change that the booting PE does not start to rebuild the OS.
Attached File  winre.gif   27.66KB   6 downloads
Peter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users