2 replies to this topic

#1 eltonb

eltonb

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:59 PM

I think earlier this year or late last year I used a different version of WinBuilder - it worked perffect on every system I booted. I can the local hard drives.

I have all Lenovo workstations in my shop, and now with the new version of WinBuilder (082) I cant see ANY hdd's. In device manager I see the SATA AHCI controller, but for the hard drive I have a yellow exclamation point and it says ST500DM002-1BD142 ATA Device.
If I go into Disk Management I dont see it.

If I use Dpinst and point the mass storage drivers, it will just say the drivers are upto date.

I am using the latest version of the mass storage drivers.

Any suggestions?

I even wouldnt mind going back to an old version of WinBuilder, but I can't find it anywhere online.

#2 eltonb

eltonb

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:41 PM

Well I wasnt expecting this as a solution. I removed Driver Integration and Driver Package Installer from the sequence and now my hard drive shows up and it shows up properly in the device manager.

#3 eltonb

eltonb

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:00 PM

Without Driver Integration OR Driver Package Installer checked, but with HwPnP checked, my hard drives show up both on the Lenovo's and in VMware.

As a test, I unchecked HwPnP from the components section, and only checked Driver Integration only under the Drivers section, when I booted up in VMware, my drive does not show up.

The next test is to try the Driver Integration again, but remove the mass storage .7z from the driver folder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users