#1 ChrisR

ChrisR

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 784 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:42 PM

Here is an evolution of CdUsb.exe renamed to MountPEmedia.
For those who want to boot directly Win7PESE ISO (grub4dos, isolinux, etc.) eg: multiboot.
With files, apps not in RAM (boot.wim) accessible (ex: Y:programs...).

2 additional options available:
- In Create ISO script, new option "Boot from an ISO file: Subfolder (Blank for root)" (ex: ISO for ISOWin7PE_X86.iso).
- In Copy to USB-Device, "Use .ISO boot" .option.

Spoiler

# For Non-ISO boot (bootmgr, bcd, boot.sdi, boot.wim), the method remains the same with the flag file CdUSb.Y searched to mount your CDDVD, USB... on drive Y:

# For ISO boot (grub4dos, isolinux, etc.), you must enable imdisk script (with or without RAM Disk option).
Note that, the grub4dos, Isolinux entries for OtherOS scripts are not written.

--> When building, an ini file "MountPEmedia.ini" is created Inside boot.wim and ISO.
with the name, path of your ISO and others useful info.

Spoiler

--> An other ini file "Win7PESE.ini" is created outside ISO file with also the ISO name, path (in ISO folder).
To put at the root of your media. Useful if the name or path of the ISO is modified without rebuilding.

# At startup, if imdisk and ISO file are found, the ISO will automatically mount to Y:
With files, apps not in RAM (boot.wim) accessible and shortcuts to the CD/USB drive (Y:) available :thumbsup:

IF CdUsb.Y or ISO are not found, a shorcut is created on Desktop with the log file (exclamation icon).

Thanks to JFX for the original CdUsb program and to Lancelot for sharing ideas

It is not on server but will be in the next Win7PE_SE update. Thank you for your feedback.
Mini w7pese package : https://rapidshare.c...201209251121.7z

:cheers:

#2 dinyarr

dinyarr
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:42 AM

Why the error msg when we try to download win7PE.winbuilder.net/SE

"Not all servers were correctly accessed! Pls. check your server addresses"

If any settings necessary pls commentin details, Formerly this error never appeared. Thanks

dinyarr

#3 ChrisR

ChrisR

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 784 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:15 AM

Unrelated, but for info:
Because it was Lastly removed, it is a good thing :thumbsup:

This old server on which I had no right, was obsolete.
The true and unique server for Win7PE_SE is http://w7pese.cwcodes.net/.

Then, it is still present in the downloaded list of web servers.
Ask Nuno for remove it, also here (and to add or not the true server).

#4 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 10452 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:29 AM

Unrelated, but for info:
Because it was Lastly removed, it is a good thing :thumbsup:

This old server on which I had no right, was obsolete.
The true and unique server for Win7PE_SE is http://w7pese.cwcodes.net/.

Then, it is still present in the downloaded list of web servers.
Ask Nuno for remove it, also here (and to add or not the true server).

First of all, you claim no right to make changes because you don't want it. I requested a few times in the past that you take care of your own files hosted on our server.

Second, it is not my fault that you decided that one server is "false" while another is "true" and "unique".

Third, don't ask others to ask me fixing the location of your project. You have my email address, my personal messenger or just start a new topic if you wish. I just ask you to stop this ridiculous show of complaining from my inaction without even letting me know what needs to be done. Please treat me and other folks around here with respect. I do have better things to fix with my spare time than having to put up with your attitude.

I am angry while I write this. As much as possible I do try to help and I'm really tired about reading your comments saying that I don't do this or that, when you are the developer and person responsible for your own project.

To get everything done as needed, send me a message with a list of things that need to be done instead of this annoying recreation of yours.

Stop wasting everyone's time around here. Move to the "oven" or wherever you want to be, don't bad mouth what we are doing on this community just for the sake of your friends in some other place.

#5 ChrisR

ChrisR

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 784 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:00 AM

It is a joke, a movie, let me smile :buehehe:
I had doubts but seeing your answer, no longer any doubt, dinyarr (post#2) is a new fake ID, a fake user (as rollobsam http://reboot.pro/17485/ and others).
Just to divert attention from this topic and make me react.

So keep your anger, it is not appropriate.

To briefly explain the history of this server
dates on the last page of Win7PE_SE topic http://reboot.pro/12427/

20 Mai 2011: The Download server is now available: win7pe.winbuilder.net/SE
22 July 2011: the update of win7pe.winbuilder.net/SE server with dropbox does not work currently. The scripts on the server are not up to date.
2 months, let's say 3 months with the implementation server, only for full of worries later (*). I no longer have any access to this server since that date.
20 October 2011: The Download server is now available: w7pese.cwcodes.net. one year that it works without concern.
04 July 2012: To workaround the old address server... the %ProjectName% were renamed from Win7PE_SE to Win7PESE.

(*) Many user problems, too many, due to the incompatibility of scripts on this server with the evolution of the project.
and the request to delete this old address server has been done many times, without result. It is the reason, of the workaround, above.

I've always treated people with respect here, except, perhaps, Peter and his critics, advertising misplaced, games...
I will not let sabotage this project that I continue freely and gratuitously for fun in my spare time.

Stop, Please, you're hurting yourself (reboot.pro). Not need my friends for it.

#6 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 13749 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:34 AM

I had doubts but seeing your answer, no longer any doubt, dinyarr (post#2) is a new fake ID, a fake user (as rollobsam http://reboot.pro/17485/ and others).
Just to divert attention from this topic and make me react.

Stop wasting everyone's time around here. Move to the "oven" or wherever you want to be, don't bad mouth what we are doing on this community just for the sake of your friends in some other place.

Hey guys :) don't know what the heck you are smoking :w00t:, but it's NOT good stuff :ph34r:.

If (BOTH of you) should want some help for being able to touch again the ground with your feet, I can try attiring Wowbagger (the infinitely prolonged) attention to this thread (not that it actually was of any use last time :().

As (I presume) friend of both, and with the great advantage of prospective from the Outside of the Asylum, I invite BOTH of you to:
  • take it easy
  • relax
  • stop it (besides being senseless in itself, it makes you look like clowns - and of the non-fun kind :()
I am starting to think is some kind of maledition of this board :wodoo: , I really have difficulties in understanding how intelligent, cunning, usually very polite and "good" guys like you BOTH are can fall in these kind of nonsense quarrels.

Come on :), a good fight :boxing: from time to time is not a bad thing per se, and it can even be useful, but it has to be a good fight, NOT this kind of altered perception madness....

Wonko
  • doberman likes this

#7 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12688 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:45 PM

... perhaps, Peter and his critics, advertising misplaced, games...

Yes, I like games! :clap:
And whenever I'm invited to take part in a game, and the game exites me, I try to do so.
In the actual case:
When you read the "common api" script, contained in your win7pe_se project, literally, not logically, you will see lines like

History037=Lancelot because of STUPID wb development decisions with Nazi dictatorship behaviour, %ISOfileVar% implemented to only *RE*create compatibility between projects.

That's the invitation for me to play the game. :hi:

Peter

#8 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12688 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:15 PM

The win7pe subforum is not the home page owned by win7pe_se. As the name says, it is a forum for PEs based on win7 source.

multiPE also can build as one option a PE based on win7 source.

Why is mentioning multiPE in the win7pe forum a 'misplaced advertising'?

Peter :dubbio:

#9 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12688 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:21 PM

A serious developer accepts critics as improvement for his work.
If you cannot accept critics, you should consider whether here is the right place for you, like Nuno already stated.

Peter

#10 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 10452 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:13 PM

Chris, I've checked the account from dinyarr. The member is logged from Mumbai and does nothing wrong other than reporting a configuration issue that could have been quickly addressed with good will from your side and mine.

My previous writing was very clear, I don't like staged dramas and this community is not the place to host them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users