#1 AYColumbia

AYColumbia
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:20 PM

Hi,
I've been a long-time user of UBCD4Win and it's been so nice to find this project. It took a bit to figure out, but finally got a simple bootable USB with Win7PE_SE on it. So thank you for the projects and all the scripts.

I use this for basic image backup of current computers so I don't need anything fancy. The only issue I'm having is getting the Intel Centrino 6230 Advanced-N wireless driver to work with the PENetwork Configuration utility.

Whether I load the driver manually or add it via the Driver Integration, it loads fine. Once I start the PE though, it's listed for a short period until I configure it and then it goes away. When I check Device Manager at that point, the driver is unloaded with the following:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory. (Code 38)

I tried including the driver directly in the PENetwork configuration under Add drivers from this directory but PENetwork doesn't load them. I tried combinations of loading the driver as part of Driver Integration and PENetwork as well as manually and none work correctly.

I'm at the end of my rope and just can't figure out why something so simple isn't working as it should. So I'm reaching out for some help. I'll be happy to provide any additional information. The executable I use to build my project is Win7PESE82_Builder.exe from the latest version.

Edited by AYColumbia, 15 September 2012 - 05:25 PM.

#2 AYColumbia

AYColumbia
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:53 PM

So anyone have any insights? Am I not understanding how PE Network is supposed to load the network drivers? From what I read, I can specify the drivers location for PE Network and it should load them right? But it's not doing that from the results I'm seeing.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: intel, centrino, 6230, wireless, driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users