6 replies to this topic

#1 delboy1987

delboy1987
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    Ireland

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:50 PM

Hi please can some one help me with this I did not remove any thing from my system every thing was working fine i used spy hunter 4 and it told me i had to restart my computer now i have done this and got the following

Windows 7/Vista/Server
Windows 7/Vista/Server(No SLIC)
Debug(Default)
Debug(Legacy)
Windows NT/2000/XP
Loader help

And no matter which one i choose it give me a list off things that loads and stops for 30 secs after that it goes to this

drive 0x80(LBA): C/H/S=30402/255/63, Sector Count/Size=488408130/512
Partition num: 0, active, Filesystem type is ntfs, partition type 0x07
Partition num: 1, Filesystem type is ntfs, partition type 0x07

Options if your HDD is larger than 1TB:
*Move your boot files to a smaller partition at the start of the HDD.
*Format the HDD and allow Windows to create a 100MB boot partition.
*Shrink and move your partitions with GParted.

Press any key to read more

Now once i press any thing more it goes to

minimal bash like line editing is supported.

grub>

Its like command prompt but none off them codes work i have searched and searched for help can some one out there please help me in there a code i can use to get into system restore on this grub command or any command to get rid off this. thanks

#2 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:20 PM

Its like command prompt but none off them codes work i have searched and searched for help can some one out there please help me in there a code i can use to get into system restore on this grub command or any command to get rid off this. thanks

*Something* (please read as *some warez* you downloaded) installed to your system a version of grub4dos (together with a "malformed" menu.lst).

Well, you either searched with the wrong keywords or more probably one of the stupid limits of the stupid board software stupid search (yes, that's three times stupid ;)) bit you :ph34r:, we have TWO threads here dealing with the same or very similar issue:
http://reboot.pro/3833/
http://reboot.pro/5770/
To see properly the contents of CODE boxes (corrupted by a stupid board update - and yes this is the fourth "stupid"), you will need this "online translator":
http://reboot.pro/15275/
http://pastehtml.com.../b4t99xk89.html

I will gladly help you recover from this, but you must provide some background, which system is it (laptop/desktop/make/model, etc.) , how exactly were your disk(s) partitioned BEFORE the issue, which OS you had running, etc.
You can use the above mentioned threads as a "general reference".

If you have a digital camera (on anyway some means to take an actual snapshot of the screen with the result of a couple of commands you should run) it would be easier.

:cheers:
Wonko
  • delboy1987 likes this

#3 delboy1987

delboy1987
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    Ireland

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:48 PM

thnaks mate but i managed to solve it i got usb and created bootable windows from this and it repaired the problems for me thanks again for your reply

#4 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:21 PM

thnaks mate but i managed to solve it i got usb and created bootable windows from this and it repaired the problems for me thanks again for your reply

All is well that ends well :smiling9:

Wonko

#5 PMilligan

PMilligan

• Patrician
  • 11 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:38 PM

Or, use a Windows rescue disk ( if it's a Windows system), go to the command prompt there, and :

bootrec.exe /fixmbr
bootrec.exe /fixboot

#6 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:41 PM

Or, use a Windows rescue disk ( if it's a Windows system), go to the command prompt there, and :

bootrec.exe /fixmbr
bootrec.exe /fixboot

Sure, that's exactly what is talked about on post #8 here:

http://reboot.pro/5770/#entry45498

it may work but it may not.
In the cited cases the issue if Irecall correctly was a wrong partition ID in the MBR, something that I don't think bootrec would fix , as bootrec should restore just CODE and not correct DATA.

Wonko

#7 PMilligan

PMilligan

• Patrician
  • 11 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:48 PM

Yeh, it's never a guarantee. But every time I've had some POS installer leave bits of Grub on my (windows boot) MBR, it's fixed it for me. 'One of the things to try', anyway.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: grub, start up fail, boot

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users