Photo

Which projects can already build from Win8 final?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
50 replies to this topic

#26 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1718 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

The author of win7pese has win8pese available. All development is going on at the other forums unfortunately and links to it are not allowed here.

#27 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 14210 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

The author of win7pese has win8pese available. All development is going on at the other forums unfortunately and links to it are not allowed here.

And, since I am going to be anyway banned :ph34r:, you can use this post as reference (till it lasts):

http://reboot.pro/to...ession-winpe-4/

http://reboot.pro/to...npe-4/?p=166812

http://goo.gl/CLtHA

http://goo.gl/VH0c7

:cheers:
Wonko

#28 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10517 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

And, since I am going to be anyway banned

Is your crystal ball working again? :)

#29 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12701 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

I tried the project pointed to by Wonko's forbidden link. :devil:

Result:

After about 20 minutes build, VMware came up, and Win8PE (?) told me something in German, with the sence like "There appeared a fault on the system. It has to be restarted. Informations are sent to ???"

log does not show any warnings or errors.

Peter :confused1:

BTW: I saw WinBuilder.exe included in the downloaded package.

I'm in doubt whether this is according the reboot.pro license http://reboot.pro/ab...icense :dubbio:

#30 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 14210 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

BTW: I saw WinBuilder.exe included in the downloaded package.

I'm in doubt whether this is according the reboot.pro license http://reboot.pro/about/license

Aren't you too busy writing some program?
Do you have enough free time to go on and on and on with this senseless war? :w00t:

Namely, is the version of Winbuilder included one published before or after the new License was posted?  :unsure:
http://reboot.pro/to...munity-license/
http://reboot.pro/to...r-082-released/

"retroactive" license terms is an interesting point, however :dubbio:.

Is your crystal ball working again? :)

Naahh, the d@amn little thingy is again in the shop for tuning :(, but i used I-Ching instead ;).

BTW, I also tried asking the question "Will the senseless continue their fight?" and got this:

38. K'uei / Opposition

above LI THE CLINGING, FLAME
below TUI THE JOYOUS, LAKE

This hexagram is composed of the trigram Li above, i.e., flame, which burns upward, and Tui below, i.e., the lake, which seeps downward. These two movements are indirect contrast. Furthermore, LI is the second daughter and Tui the youngest daughter, and although they live in the same house they belong to different men; hence their wills are not the same but are divergently directed.

THE JUDGMENT

OPPOSITION. In small matters, good fortune.

When people live in opposition and estrangement they cannot carry out a great undertaking in common; their points of view diverge too widely. In such circumstances one should above all not proceed brusquely, for that would only increase the existing opposition; instead, one should limit oneself to producing gradual effects in small matters. Here success can still be expected, because the situation is such that the opposition does not preclude all agreement. In general, opposition appears as an obstruction, but when it represents polarity within a comprehensive whole, it has also its useful and important functions. The oppositions of heaven and earth, spirit and nature, man and woman, when reconciled, bring about the creation and reproduction of life. In the world of visible things, the principle of opposites makes possible the differentiation by categories through which order is brought into the world.

Wonko

#31 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12701 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

Do you have enough free time to go on and on and on with this senseless war? :w00t:
Wonko

Why do you judge as war when I report my unsuccessful trial with the project?

Or do you think that my opinion

I'm in doubt whether this is according the reboot.pro license http://reboot.pro/about/license

is agressive?

BTW: War against Warez is never senceless, but mostly w/o success. :smart:

Peter

EDIT: original "off agressive" is a typo. Changed to "agressive"

#32 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 14210 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

Why do you judge as war when I report my unsuccessful trial with the project?

I do not "judge" anything, but I am particularly clever in reading between the lines.

Or do you think that my opinion

I'm in doubt whether this is according the reboot.pro license http://reboot.pro/about/license
is off agressive?

BTW: War against Warez is never senceless, but mostly w/o success. :smart:

Naah, but one has to be sure that it is a case of license violation, before crying wolf. :ph34r:

I'll ask this question again, which version of Winbuilder.exe did you find "attached"?

BTW, *someone* should fix the Wikipedia page, where Winbuilder (version 082 August 14, 2011) is (at the moment correctly) described as a "free" application:

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/WinBuilder

clarifying that later versions while possibly still free (as in free beer) are/will be completely UNlike free (as in freedom).

Wonko

#33 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10517 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

"retroactive" license terms is an interesting point, however

The community license does not apply to older or newer winbuilder.exe versions. The licensing terms for Winbuilder are available inside the program itself. Basically, it preserves my option as original author to deny the distribution of winbuilder by other parties when deemed necessary. It is a rare event to apply this clause but it has been used in the past.

If these guys want to use winbuilder.exe, I say let them use it. Just wish we could all get along.

What I don't agree is the level of offense and verbal violence going on their site. While that kind of things goes on, I just prefer to see anything related to their site as far away as possible from over here. Let them follow their own way, just don't drag reboot along the same road please.

#34 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12701 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

Independent from my previous posts, just an answer to Medevil's question:

multiPE will never be one of the projects building from Win8 sources.

I'm currently preparing publishing of version 70, and I'm removing all Win8 stuff.

Reason: I feel as engineer, and for a real engineer a good solution is a solution with a high efficiency.

multiPE is thought as project which can help in emergencies. It is not intended, as other projects do, to offer an 'license free full Windows OS'.

In an emergency situation, I usually do not want to hear my favorite MP3 music. So, why include full audio support into the project?

And in case of running a rescue system, I really do not need Wallpapers or Win7 Pins or Win8 tiles ...

etc ...

An XP based multiPE would be sufficient for most cases, but sometimes a Vista or Win7 based one offers some more drivers ...

Peter :wheelchair:

#35 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 14210 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

What I don't agree is the level of offense and verbal violence going on their site. While that kind of things goes on, I just prefer to see anything related to their site as far away as possible from over here. Let them follow their own way, just don't drag reboot along the same road please.

I do understand your take on this, but again the project in itself is a project (and nothing more) see:

http://reboot.pro/to...npe-4/?p=166825

You cannot prevent knowledge from spreading (besides being essentially contrary to the base principles of reboot.pro), particularly when you cannot provide a valid alternative and your main developer has just cleared how PE 4.0 is not an objective of the mainly (only :unsure:) currently developed project specific to a newer version of Winbuilder. (which BTW is now "reserved to friends with a password" http://reboot.pro/to...4-bit/?p=166745 )

Wonko

#36 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12701 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

:clap:

Peter

BTW: Time for me now to go to bed and forget all of your constructive questions / suggestions.

sub-thread closed for me. I have some more important things to do.

#37 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12701 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

...  but again the project in itself is a project (and nothing more) ...

Did you ever look into the scripts?

Download the project and search for e.g . "stupid" or "nazi".

Maybe you get a surprize ...

Peter :cheers:

#38 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 14210 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

Did you ever look into the scripts?

Download the project and search for e.g . "stupid" or "nazi".

Maybe you get a surprize ...

Did you post from bed with your new Windows Phone or iPhone or what? :w00t:

The same sentences you can read here on bootland reboot.pro too (mostly because you whined :ph34r: about them, over, and over, and over).

I DO NOT approve of them, as you might well know, and of course you can sue them for libel:
http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Defamation
but "hiding knowledge" because of this? :dubbio:

Wonko

#39 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1718 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:57 AM

Interestingly if I try win8pese with winbuilder 83.0.0.19 then it fails on the first script with a  "[Failed] API certification is invalid!" error. Builds and runs ok with version 82.0.0.15

#40 Wonneproppen

Wonneproppen

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

What a discussion. Opens your horizons and see that the win8pese from ChrisR works fabulous and all can see that it works. And that`s the most important.

It`s a pity that multiPE will never be one of the projects building from Win8 sources, but with your multiPE sources i had never get there. I'm sorry but this is so.

@pscEx

I respect your hard work, but I would have liked more. But goodness thanks the internet is full of alternative. Nobody is fixated on only one project

Edited by Wonneproppen, 31 January 2013 - 11:04 AM.

#41 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 14210 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

Interestingly if I try win8pese with winbuilder 83.0.0.19 then it fails on the first script with a  "[Failed] API certification is invalid!" error. Builds and runs ok with version 82.0.0.15

I would guess that if they were MS products we would have a KB stating how this behaviour is by design, :whistling:

Wonko

#42 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1718 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

Note also 83.0.0.13 also works ok with win8pese. Using win8 x86 enterprise as source on win 8 x64 host.

#43 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 14210 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

Note also 83.0.0.13 also works ok with win8pese. Using win8 x86 enterprise as source on win 8 x64 host.

Well, that is IMHO "normal", as "verification procedures" have evidently been bettered in later versions.

So, you are not getting the errors pscEx had, and you build successfully :), which might mean that there is an issue with sources, steve6375 reported a similar issue:

http://www.msfn.org/...ost__p__1028602

but in his case there were errors logged (and anyway the issue was fixed).

Wonko

#44 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12701 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

Did you post from bed with your new Windows Phone or iPhone or what? :w00t:

You are right: Samsung Tab 10.1 N

And to "new": You seem not to read everything carefully. I already some months ago reported about my new Tab.

Peter

#45 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1718 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:57 PM

The error cannot be an issue with the source as it only executes 3 lines of script before it fails with the error:

[Process]
If,ExistFile,%API%,AddVariables,%API%,ApiVar,GLOBAL
System,ONBUILDEXIT,Exec,%ProjectDir%\script.project,Win8PESE-ONBUILDEXIT
//If,Not,ExistFile,%RegSystem%,Run,%ProjectDir%\script.project,Process_DebugNT6x

#46 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1718 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

Winbuilder 83.0.0.X currently should only be used in the multipe project. Certification scheme has been changed. Report of a bug should be ignored and I deleted the bug report I opened elsewhere.

#47 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12701 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

Winbuilder 83.0.0.X currently should only be used in the multipe project.

To be more precise:

Winbuilder 83.0.0.X currently should only be used in the multipe projects wich are due to reboot.pro's license conditions.

Peter

#48 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 14210 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

To be more precise:

Winbuilder 83.0.0.X currently should only be used in the multipe projects wich are due to reboot.pro's license conditions.

Peter

We seem to be reading two different licenses, this one:

http://reboot.pro/about/license

besides the "queer" wording foolishly attempting to "categorize" users and developers, the license prohibits the redistribution of "the software" (which may or may not include specifically the Winbuilder tool):

As a developer not officially associated with reboot.pro

• You need to ask for permission to include this software inside your software distributions
  • You need to ask permission to allow downloading this software from an external site or tool

It says nothing about the actual Winbuider having being coded in such a way that independently developed .scripts or projects (not "approved" by pscEx or Nuno Brito or "reboot.pro") will not run.

Mind you nothing prevents the developers of Winbuilder to limit it's functionality, but this has nothing to do with the mentioned license.

And again calling it "free" would become LARGELY inaccurate.

Wonko

#49 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12701 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

...  that independently developed .scripts or projects ...

As very sophisticated philosoph, you should recognize, that we here are speaking about the "Non-existent" private Winbuilder 083x, which by mistake is declared by somebody as "Test version"

I do not know any restrictions for scripts in 083. Maybe you to try to distinguish between "Scripts" and "Projects".

And with WinBuilder 082, I do not know any restriction for any script / project.

Peter :smart:

#50 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 14210 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

As said, there are NO issues whatsoever with version 082 (apart from your claim, illogical and later debunked by Nuno) that the mentioned license applied to it.

The issue is exclusively with 083 (and later), which is (will be) possibly covered by the mentioned license - if it will ever be released.

That license ONLY prohibits unauthorized redistribution of "software" developed on reboot.pro (and BTW may only apply to those Authors making reference to it, my "careware" license is slightly more open that that one, as an example), it does not says that Winbuilder (or any other tool covered by that license is - or will be - designed to restrict it's usage to a set of "approved" *something*).

If any kind of check, control or any other means are implemented in version 083 (or later) preventing the use on independently, unauthorized projects (or .scripts), which is what you just posted, then the tool is not (or will be not)  "free" (anymore).

This is not necessarily a "good thing" or a "bad thing" in absolute terms (in my personal opinion it is one of the stupidest decisions one could take, but my opinion is only an opinion and a far from authoritative one), but it is objectively very far from the idea of "freedom", and the mentioned license does not - in any way - "cover" this IMHO senseless approach.

I have a set of sticks that I use to NOT touch Winbuilder, and particularly your "friends only" or "private" or "whatever" 083 build, and I have no plans to get part of the club (IF anyone should by mistake allow me to become a member of it), so whatever you do with it does not affect me personally, I am only trying - as always - to get things as plain, straight and clear as possible..

Wonko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users