Because there are portable versions of these apps available, I decided to use these portable versions.
When creating the scripts, many commands inside the script were similar. I copied from other scripts and edited to reach the actual goal.
Then I have had the idea "Why not create a template, where only some different data have to be changed".
What are portable app scripts?
- They download something when necessary.
- They copy either one file or unzip an archive to the target.
- Maybe they define one or more files which (PE does not have them) have to be copied to target.
- Create some shortcuts to start the portable app.
The result looks like this:
To create a new portable app script, just use the attached code and edit to your personal demand only the following lines:
Title=AusLogic DiskDefrag Portable
Description=This script adds AusLogic DiskDefrag Portable to the build
%ProgramTitle%="AusLogic DiskDefrag Portable"
When, and only when some files have to be added to the PE (%RequiresFiles%=True)
AttachHint="Before the first use you must (download and) attach ausdiskdefragportable.exe!",1,1,21,191,515,18,9,Bold
MoreInfo="More info ...",1,10,191,85,82,18,http://www.auslogics.com/en/software/disk-defrag/portable/
AdditionalInfo="AusLogic DiskDefrag Portable is free for home use!",1,1,192,56,343,18,9,Bold
The template is written for use in multiPE, but it can be used also in other projects.
In other projects you
- may delete the section [UploadClean]. There is no harm when you do not delete.
- may replace the lines with MountCD and UnMountCD in [AddFiles] with some code valid for your project.
AusDefragPortable.Script 8.78KB 545 downloads