Winbuilder + DriveImage XML

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zugzwang

zugzwang
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 04:26 AM

Log attached. Winbuilder goes ok by itself. Same error when trying to integrate in DriveImage XML, from two different DriveImage XML scripts, latest from http://updates.boot-land.net/. Error of

IniRead - Failed to find file: [%BaseDir%\Projects\DriveImage_XML\ProjectInfo.ini] Section: [TargetStrings] Key: [sProgram_Files] to variable: [%WorkDir%]

RegHiveLoad - Failed to load registry hive: [Tmp_software] from file: [%BaseDir%\Target\i386\System32\Config\software]

because both driveimage xml scripts are assuming that ..\i386\System32\Config\software exists. However, I speculate that that file only exists if I first run BartPE against my source. I can't do that because BartPE generates non-bootable software because my original source is Dell OEM (Re-install) CD. I turned to Winbuilder as an alternative to BartPE. I need a DriveImage XML script that does not require preliminary BartPE massaging.

My (newbie) black box analysis is very speculative. I welcome insights, remedies, or (ideally) a DriveImage XML script+cab that will work "out of the box" with my Dell OEM CD + Winbuilder, without BartPE.

Request help.

Attached Files

#2 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 10 March 2007 - 07:29 AM

Log attached. Winbuilder goes ok by itself. Same error when trying to integrate in DriveImage XML, from two different DriveImage XML scripts, latest from http://updates.boot-land.net/. Error of

IniRead - Failed to find file: [%BaseDir%\Projects\DriveImage_XML\ProjectInfo.ini] Section: [TargetStrings] Key: [sProgram_Files] to variable: [%WorkDir%]

RegHiveLoad - Failed to load registry hive: [Tmp_software] from file: [%BaseDir%\Target\i386\System32\Config\software]

because both driveimage xml scripts are assuming that ..\i386\System32\Config\software exists. However, I speculate that that file only exists if I first run BartPE against my source. I can't do that because BartPE generates non-bootable software because my original source is Dell OEM (Re-install) CD. I turned to Winbuilder as an alternative to BartPE. I need a DriveImage XML script that does not require preliminary BartPE massaging.

My (newbie) black box analysis is very speculative. I welcome insights, remedies, or (ideally) a DriveImage XML script+cab that will work "out of the box" with my Dell OEM CD + Winbuilder, without BartPE.

Request help.

To get help it is better to run a complete build and post that log.

From the little bit what I see:
The old version 052 lets me assume that you are having old scripts, too.
At least buildModel seems to be missing.

Try nativeEx_barebone and add the DriveXML script!

BTW: with WinBuilder you never need to run BartPE.

Peter

#3 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 10 March 2007 - 10:52 AM

You should really use a clean install folder without these older scripts since there have been many improvements but they also require other files and projects to be updated in order to work well together.

The error:

IniRead - Failed to find file: [%BaseDir%\Projects\DriveImage_XML\ProjectInfo.ini]Section: [TargetStrings] Key: [sProgram_Files] to variable: [%WorkDir%]

Happens because it expects to a file that contains a section frp, where the name of localized "Program files" can be found, in old versions this was just assumed as "Programs" - now we've moved to dynamic paths that allow this folder to be named as "Programas" in my source as example.

About the load hive error: Wich OS are you using to build this project? I've recently found that Vista won't allow wb to import hives onto the local registry because of their brand new User Account Control.. :P

Still need to figure a way to handle hives without being considered an hazardous action from the OS.. :P

Good luck and I hope you suceed with your boot disk! :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users