7 replies to this topic

#1 tr3nt62

tr3nt62
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:50 PM

I am using amalux's prebuilt LX.061412 from main tutorial page. I like the build because it is minimal. When built without modification there are several apps installed. I want to remove these apps to have a LiveXP that I can just use ppApps with. I cannot find the scripts to remove or uncheck in order to build this iso without the apps. Anyone know what script contains these apps or how to build without them?

#2 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:04 PM

Hi tr3nt62 and welcome :)

Just look to the Winbuilder main interface; on the left side is a directory where you can select/deselect most scripts (some are mandatory). Start in Apps to find the programs you want removed and uncheck those boxes.

:cheers:

#3 tr3nt62

tr3nt62
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:19 PM

Hi Amalux & thank you for your reply.

The odd thing is that the apps are not showing up in order to be excluded from the build. I assumed they would be under apps folder but not there. I have went through all the index and apps arent listed. I have used your builds before and thanks for all the work you have done over the years.

#4 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

Which apps are you wanting to remove? Remember, there are also portables added to PE image, located at WorkbenchCommonppApps. To remove these from the build just delete or move to external directory ;)

#5 tr3nt62

tr3nt62
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:24 PM

I tryed unchecking all the boxes in Apps folder. The apps still installed although they really werent even listed and did not see scripts inside Apps folder. I just deleted the entire Apps folder and the apps did not install so I guess problem solved. Thank You for your help.

#6 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:47 PM

Hmm, a bit confusing but... glad the problem is solved ;)

#7 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:59 PM

I tryed unchecking all the boxes in Apps folder. The apps still installed although they really werent even listed and did not see scripts inside Apps folder. I just deleted the entire Apps folder and the apps did not install so I guess problem solved. Thank You for your help.

Here we have the famous case "Everything is running well, but nobody knows, why ..." :dubbio:

Just deleting the app scripts rather than unselect is a powerful, but irreversible solution. :thumbdown:

We should to find out what you did wrong when trying to unselect the apps. :smart:

Peter :cheers:

#8 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:54 PM

We should to find out what you did wrong when trying to unselect the apps. :smart:

Here's an educated guess...

When he was deselecting all of the app scripts, he didn't realize some of the programs included in the project were not scripts. When he says he deleted the Apps folder, I believe he meant to say the ppApps folder. These two clarifications would explain his original issue and his subsequent, successful outcome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users