#1 rvs

rvs
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    Taiwan

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:08 AM

Hello all,

I just found a new freeware which uses PXE tech to implement the remote file backup. The tool's name is Toolwiz Care. It is made by a freeware team from Singapore (http://www.toolwiz.c...s/toolwiz-care/).

With this freeware, you can download file from a remote pc even this pc got damaged or crashed. It includes a build in TFTP and a mini OS. User can browse the files of remote pc like local disk and download any of them just with few clicks. All the access will be in Windows GUI.

Any comments?
  • TheHive likes this

#2 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 10,167 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:34 AM

Any comments?

Every time that a new member registers himself and uses the first post to mention some product along with a link, it usually gets marked as spammer.

I took the time to go through the website and the tool/products that are mentioned there seem to be truly freeware and not commercial/trial/demo, therefore welcome to our community.

I hope other members can provide feedback about this tool.
:cheers:

#3 rvs

rvs
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    Taiwan

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:50 AM

It is not a spammer. I have registered in this forum for 4 years :)

Toolwiz is a very cool team. Very small, but quite powerful. I read some report before, their chief developers have Hemophilia since they ware born. and they have never been to a school. But they really made a very good product and it is complete free. That is why I want to make a post here to share their cool products.
  • Nuno Brito likes this

#4 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 5,273 posts
  • Interests:computers (!), programming (masm,vb6,C,vbs), OSes, photography,TV,films,guitars
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:42 AM

Where is this PXE tool exactly?

#5 rvs

rvs
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    Taiwan

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:15 PM

To steve6375

Just open the program and in the main GUI. there is a Picked Features->Remote File Backup. Click on the Remote File Backup, you will see it.

#6 rvs

rvs
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    Taiwan

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:26 AM

Update:Just found a post made by Toolwiz team.

http://forums.toolwi...n-it-is-crashed

#7 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3,755 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:48 AM

Very awesome software.
In looking thru his products.
I liked the one you mention for Saving files thru lan.

Demo Video

Toolwiz Time FreezePosted Image is an easy and effective instant system restore software to keep your system safe and protect your computer from unwanted changes. It puts the actual system under protection and creates a virtual environment for system partition, on which you run applications and surf the internet.

Enable Hibernation on same state until you disable it using the disable BHORM button.

Toolwiz BHORM Posted ImageToolwiz BHORM can make the system hibernate one time and keep it forever, no matter you close down the computer at other times and pull out the power supply, the computer will be started from hibernation in the next time.

This following text is only for the tech experts who want to know more about BHORM
Toolwiz BHorm is a simple implementation for Hibernation Once and Resume Many Time. It replaces your MBR and installs a INT13/INT15/INT19 Hook which will take the control of Disk/RAM/BOOT when system is booing in the real mode. Also it installs a disk filter driver which will take the control of all disk access when Windows is loading. While there is any writing operation(IRP_WRITE) sending to the disk, it will redirect the operation to a cache place. This is a standard disk virtualization model. We just make a very smart engine to hold the access to hibernation file only and it really works evry well in XP, Vista, Win7, Win8 in our Lab.

#8 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3,755 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:15 AM

Hello all,

I just found a new freeware which uses PXE tech to implement the remote file backup. The tool's name is Toolwiz Care. It is made by a freeware team from Singapore (http://www.toolwiz.c...s/toolwiz-care/).

With this freeware, you can download file from a remote pc even this pc got damaged or crashed. It includes a build in TFTP and a mini OS. User can browse the files of remote pc like local disk and download any of them just with few clicks. All the access will be in Windows GUI.

Any comments?

Ask him if he can make it into a seperate tool by itself? Just as the other single tools offered.

#9 rvs

rvs
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    Taiwan

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:02 PM

ok, you can send a email to James@toolwiz.com. James is a kind guy. :)

#10 rvs

rvs
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    Taiwan

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:36 PM

Toolwiz team just released a single tool today. Toolwiz Remote Backup. It is totally free and with PXE support, user can download files/Modify sectors/Backup MRB/Restore MBR/Wakeup on Lan.

Here is the description from their forum.

With this freeware, you can download file from a remote PC and no need install anything on the remote PC.You can modify the sectors of the hardisk remotely. You can backup the MBR of remote PC and restore it when the system crashed.
http://download.tool...emoteBackup.exe
This tool is similar as the Remote File Backup in the Toolwiz Care. But it has more features and more functions. See the See the tutorial here : http://www.toolwiz.c...te-file-backup/
Have a good weekend.
Toolwiz Team.

http://forums.toolwi...-released-today

#11 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 5,273 posts
  • Interests:computers (!), programming (masm,vb6,C,vbs), OSes, photography,TV,films,guitars
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:45 AM

I tried this and it crashed a few times or hung, but eventually it worked and I could browse remotely the files on the PXE client. Looks really useful!

Using a Dell Inspiron Windows 7 64-bit host PC + Dlink DSL-G624T ADSL router + EeePC 904HA - it does seem to crash quite a lot though
- a few bugs...
1. If you edit LBA 0 and then quit the edit form and then re-run Edit Sector - the contents displayed have not changed, however if you then move1 sector forward and 1 sector back, the correct changed contents are displayed.
2. Select a partition with Remote Partition and click on the + symbol seems to crash the app every time.
3. Cannot download a whole folder (with subfolders).
4. Downloading several files at a time seems to hang ('Not Responding') at least with my scenario

Note: Using a laptop as the client is 'worst case' as laptops have to respond to battery status interrupts and other EC interrupts, etc. and this can cause packets to be missed. PC clients are 'best case' clients.

#12 rvs

rvs
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    Taiwan

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:11 AM

Hi steve6375,

It seems James just made a new update for the Lanboot Remote Backup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users