#1 ccl

ccl

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
    Malaysia

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:04 AM

Dear Amalux,

Now i create LiveXP-Rec (LX.041412) and Win7PE_SE , My home got 2 different motherboard Z67 and Z77 model.

Now i want to build a livexp and win7PE with all the drivers included inside them.

Question 1: Can you teach and guide me, where to add those drivers ?

Question 2: Can I included the both 2 motherboard drivers inside livexp and win7PE together. so that livexp having both "z67 and z77 drivers inside "and win7pe having both" z67 and z77 driver inside".

#2 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:35 PM

Hi ccl,

I answered the LiveXP part in your other topic and the same goes for Win7PE, you shouldn't need to add specific MB drivers to any PE unless you're having trouble booting to a specific machine. In other words, every PE should boot any machine; on some machines you may have troubles and need to take additional steps. Are you having trouble booting a certain machine with a PE? If so, give us specific details, which PE on which machine.

#3 ccl

ccl

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
    Malaysia

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:27 PM

Dear Amalux,

I'm facing slow start up after reach the dekstop. The desktop icon somehow displaying out slow compare with another motherboard. Thats why i thinking of it might be missing some driver. Please advice, thanks

#4 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:45 PM

You need to give us more information, is this occurring when using the same PE and the same boot method? What PE, what boot method? CD, USB, UFD?

For example, everything loads much slower in Win7PE than in LiveXP, USB will sometimes load much slower on one machine than another even though all other factors are equal.

If you use ppApps from USB, on some machines, those desktop shortcuts take longer to load than built-in program shortcuts.

If the issue is specific to USB e.g. 1.1 speed vs 2.0 (or 3.0?), sometimes updating the BIOS and MB (chip) drivers will help (not always) and this is done independent of PE.

#5 ccl

ccl

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
    Malaysia

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:55 AM

Same boot method and using UFD. using your LiveXP-Rec (LX.041412) found don't know why my Z66 and Z77 motherboard load fast while my friend using X58 motherboard, it start up so slow. just wondering what is the root causing? is it i had to load chipset driver during loading windows?

#6 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:14 AM

Update USB drivers (check device manager) and update BIOS if needed; plug direct to MB (no hub); try different USB port (in back); unplug any USB 1.0 devices and hubs (other conflicting hw); check RAM; try different UFD (NTFS, right?); check BIOS for USB options, enable 2.0 and optimize for performance; disable AV auto-scanning removable drives; I'm sure there's more.

Consider booting ISO(s) from internal HDD, much better, faster (boot in seconds) in every way if you use PE a lot a real timesaver ;)

#7 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 2557 posts
  • Interests:Boot and Install from USB
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:04 AM

In bios disable floppy drive might help to reach desktop faster.

:cheers:

#8 ccl

ccl

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
    Malaysia

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:39 AM

DriverPack Chipset 12.03 for Windows 2000/XP/2003 (x86)
DriverPack Graphics A 11.07 for Windows 2000/XP/2003 (x86)
DriverPack CPU 10.05 for Windows 2000/XP/2003 (x86)
DriverPack Sound B 11.11 for Windows 2000/XP/2003 (x86)

Where can i put them into which folder or script ?

#9 ccl

ccl

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
    Malaysia

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:42 PM

Dear Amalux,

Kaspersky scan out that dipe_console.exe is a trojan.win32.generic.......

#10 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:04 PM

Kaspersky scan out that dipe_console.exe is a trojan.win32.generic.......

It was clean when posted http://virusscan.jot...41fac8df8d17169

Check the SHA1/MD5 of yours against mine (the one I posted).

#11 ccl

ccl

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
    Malaysia

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:07 AM

It was clean, but somehow i disable it during rebuilt.

Amalux. I still cannot get along with Adding/Importing Drivers to PE (after loading).

I still want learn how is the basic adding driver before loading. Do you having any idea of it?

#12 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:44 AM

Both of the above questions are complicated to answer, I've tried to give the basics in the tutorial and elsewhere. Rather than re-write a tutorial here, ask specific questions and I'll try to answer them as succinctly as possible, if you don't understand the answer, ask the question again until it's clear but keep the questions specific.

LiveXP and Win7PE_SE are different so ask about one or the other at a time to keep things clear and understandable. Unless stated otherwise, my answers apply to my projects (linked in tutorial) since those are the ones I'm most familiar with but may also apply to official releases of LiveXP and Win7PE_SE.

I would not recommend adding any of the DriverPacks listed above using DriverImport (after loading) method. As stated in tutorial, this method is mainly for NIC (DP works well here) and audio but the audio DP is problematic because it's too large, takes too much time to scan and may cause driver conflicts or even BSOD (same for graphics pack). Audio drivers are tricky to begin with, not all audio hardware will be supported in PE. The best results (for me) have been from backing up audio from host with SDB and supplying those drivers or using DIPE GUI in PE to import system drivers directly where this is possible. Similar in Win7PE with drvload which works for me where other tools fail but only with drivers backup up with SDB (no archives, DPs or executable packages).

The other DPs you mentioned, chipset and CPU should not be required and again could cause conflicts or crashes. If you want to experiment with adding these DPs, try adding them (unpacked) via the Driver Integration script in Win7PE_SE or try the Processor Drivers script in LiveXP.

Adding drivers with DPInst (after loading) or DISM (packed to WIM during build) has been (surprisingly) unrewarding for me personally. Often, drivers which load properly via DrvLoad simply don't work when installed using these other methods. It seems counterintuitive that this would be the case but it is (at least for me). Anyway, ask your questions when ready ;)

#13 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:22 PM

Adding drivers with DPInst (after loading) or DISM (packed to WIM during build) has been (surprisingly) unrewarding for me personally. Often, drivers which load properly via DrvLoad simply don't work when installed using these other methods. It seems counterintuitive that this would be the case but it is (at least for me).

I second that! A PE with all sorts of drivers to try to make all sorts of potential HW work correctly is an elusive thing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users