LiveSystem.pro is a copy of WInbuilder?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#26 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12702 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:21 PM

look = reboot-pro.de

I did not know that page before. Also in this forum it is never mentioned.

When the owner decided to close because of careness to his family, I'm sure that this was a wise decision.
He saw that he was working outside legality and was afraid to be punished.

Peter

#27 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12702 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:28 PM

We're talking about 2 seperate problems here.
The site has closed now and has nothing to do with LiveSystempro Builder or Kare!

Are you sure? :dubbio:
Here the opinion of google:google.gif

Peter :cheers:

#28 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 14404 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:46 PM

I really cannot get it.
With all due respect to Nuno and pscEx, winbuilder is NOTHING BUT a batch command processor.
There is NO particular "added value" in using it (as opposed to using batch, AutoIt, java or *any* other scripted language, including - as an example - the NSIS installer engine) if not for a few functions/addons that are handy to deal with the Windows NT platform.
There is NOTHING "revolutionary" not only in the "usage paradigm", but also in the actual "way of working".
The real value of a Winbuilder project is not the builder, but rather the contents of the project itself.
Whatever you want to build, the important part is to find out which values need to be edited in the Registry hives, what files need to be copied, etc., etc., then you can choose *any* scriptable language to have those needed steps be repeated automatically at each subsequent run.
Remember that in it's early incarnation Winbuilder was called "Batcher".
The great efforts and time profused on the code by Nuno and pscEx have contributed to make it a better tool, but it still remains a tool, nothing more, that can be replaced anytime with another tool, provided that one can "translate" to the new tool all the good contents of the various .scripts that a number of developers contributed, and a number of .scripts, for PE 1.x were anyhow derived/converted/adapted from BartPE plugins or however built upon info gathered through the BartPE experience.
So WHAT is the issue?
Someone wrote a new tool (doesn't matter if "better" or "worse" than Winbuilder) that can seemingly use the same .scripts Winbuilder use (possibly with a few small changes/adaptations).
At least till now, whilst Winbuilder in itself has been "closed source", all the .scripts have been (and cannot be other than, since being written in plain text the source and "code" are the same thing) "open source".
Unless Winbuilder and all the published .scripts had been released with the new foolish license :ph34r:, there is no issue whatsoever, there is nothing "exclusive" in a current Winbuilder .script and everyone is perfectly free to re-use those .scripts as they are, or use the info in them to create a new script for a different batch processor.

:cheers:
Wonko
  • vvurat likes this

#29 Franke-auf-Irrwegen

Franke-auf-Irrwegen
  • Validating
  • 7 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:17 PM

(I know that there are two issues we are talking about ...)

Excuse me if I signed up in "your" forum ...
Really wanted to register in this forum to have Max_Real Qnx also congratulated on his project in another Tread.

Maybe LivesystemPro looks similar.
But then you would have to proceed against these magazines PCWelt and Co. too,
which also offer modified projects and thus have stolen "your idea to create a Win7PE" ...
e.g. http://www.pcwelt.de...E-R-583147.html

I look forward to your all scripts / projects to be developed, always with great enthusiasm.
I also see the joy, ambition and even the work of the script developers behind the projects.

It's just for us German users not always easy to understand everything in the projects/scripts.
And there are just (in my opinion) the projects of Kare very pretty ...
I think many will continue using the WinBuilder, even if another builder is in circulation. That should not be a problem ...

For the second topic:

"reboot-pro.de - a German site, Which ripped off our name and trying to sell what projects Ours."

Perhaps the name was very similar.
But I'm sorry to say that he has never offered Winbuilder, "your" projects and "your" scripts for sale on the website.

Only the boot media (like CD / USB Stick) and after consultation with people / companies who have extra needs
(eg for company logos and other things inside the build), you had to pay for this extra service.

It had nothing to do with WInbuilder and all your projects / scripts !
(which was actually able to be read on the website)

Edited by Franke-auf-Irrwegen, 22 May 2012 - 02:26 PM.

#30 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:17 PM

Are you sure? :dubbio:

Oops, i stand corrected.

#31 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12702 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:09 PM

I do not think that something illegal is running here. See my post http://reboot.pro/16912/#entry154957 above.
About multiPE my "only" concern was: There is a well known WinBuilder project with this name, and this name is used for something similar.
I know that the name is not protected, registered, or similar. Therefore it is free for everybody to use it. In connection with WinBuilder (clone) it is only a bit unfriendly.

Generally the LiveSysPro.exe is a good idea :1st: (and I'm sure that it is no legal issue with it).
Because it has remarkably less features, it allows faster build of projects.
But also here I have some critics:
It is not possible to build WinBuilder projects with it, like paraglider suggested before.
What is the reason to change the accepted syntax in some details, and let the syntax untouched in most cases?
What is the reason to use the extention *.srt" rather than "*.script"

IMO the reasons are not technically caused, but caused by the (nonsence) idea to "have my child proprietary".

In some days I'll publish a PE1_4WB82 configuration which will convert *.script to *.srt. The name PE1_4WB82 may confuse. The app has been developed to make old LiveXP etc. projects ready for WinBuilder 82+. But it can do everything (?) else.

An application like LiveSysPro can become much more popular, when it can process popular batches / scripts.

Maybe that Kare wants to sell LiveSysPro commercially in some time.
Such he already did with DriverImportPE.
It does not bring us further in this topic to publish some conversation, e-mails etc. about snippets of my hostDriver.exe source code and ikdeas.
But I'm sure Kare remembers what I mean.

IMO at all: A good product / idea with a bad marketing!

Peter
  • vvurat likes this

#32 vvurat

vvurat

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 319 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:49 PM

i see and i and hardly belive the comments. these are the guys i know or somebody hacked their accounts and write fake comments? As there is not "thank you" button i want to quote same stuff what they wrote

First thank you is for Wonko the Sane "the guy that know everthing" for the ideas (the way is not important, important is the result you get at the end.)

I really cannot get it.
With all due respect to Nuno and pscEx, winbuilder is NOTHING BUT a batch command processor.
There is NO particular "added value" in using it (as opposed to using batch, AutoIt, java or *any* other scripted language, including - as an example - the NSIS installer engine) if not for a few functions/addons that are handy to deal with the Windows NT platform.
There is NOTHING "revolutionary" not only in the "usage paradigm", but also in the actual "way of working".
The real value of a Winbuilder project is not the builder, but rather the contents of the project itself.
Whatever you want to build, the important part is to find out which values need to be edited in the Registry hives, what files need to be copied, etc., etc., then you can choose *any* scriptable language to have those needed steps be repeated automatically at each subsequent run.
Remember that in it's early incarnation Winbuilder was called "Batcher".
The great efforts and time profused on the code by Nuno and pscEx have contributed to make it a better tool, but it still remains a tool, nothing more, that can be replaced anytime with another tool, provided that one can "translate" to the new tool all the good contents of the various .scripts that a number of developers contributed, and a number of .scripts, for PE 1.x were anyhow derived/converted/adapted from BartPE plugins or however built upon info gathered through the BartPE experience.
So WHAT is the issue?
Someone wrote a new tool (doesn't matter if "better" or "worse" than Winbuilder) that can seemingly use the same .scripts Winbuilder use (possibly with a few small changes/adaptations).
At least till now, whilst Winbuilder in itself has been "closed source", all the .scripts have been (and cannot be other than, since being written in plain text the source and "code" are the same thing) "open source".
Unless Winbuilder and all the published .scripts had been released with the new foolish license :ph34r:, there is no issue whatsoever, there is nothing "exclusive" in a current Winbuilder .script and everyone is perfectly free to re-use those .scripts as they are, or use the info in them to create a new script for a different batch processor.

Wonko

The second thank you is for pscEx "the guy i sweared sometimes" for the ideas (it is not important for me the copywrite issues, also i can support the sysntax of them)

I do not think that something illegal is running here. See my post http://reboot.pro/16912/#entry154957 above.
About multiPE my "only" concern was: There is a well known WinBuilder project with this name, and this name is used for something similar.
I know that the name is not protected, registered, or similar. Therefore it is free for everybody to use it. In connection with WinBuilder (clone) it is only a bit unfriendly.

Generally the LiveSysPro.exe is a good idea :1st: (and I'm sure that it is no legal issue with it).
Because it has remarkably less features, it allows faster build of projects.
But also here I have some critics:
It is not possible to build WinBuilder projects with it, like paraglider suggested before.
What is the reason to change the accepted syntax in some details, and let the syntax untouched in most cases?
What is the reason to use the extention *.srt" rather than "*.script"
IMO the reasons are not technically caused, but caused by the (nonsence) idea to "have my child proprietary".

In some days I'll publish a PE1_4WB82 configuration which will convert *.script to *.srt. The name PE1_4WB82 may confuse. The app has been developed to make old LiveXP etc. projects ready for WinBuilder 82+. But it can do everything (?) else.

An application like LiveSysPro can become much more popular, when it can process popular batches / scripts.

Maybe that Kare wants to sell LiveSysPro commercially in some time.
Such he already did with DriverImportPE.
It does not bring us further in this topic to publish some conversation, e-mails etc. about snippets of my hostDriver.exe source code and ikdeas.
But I'm sure Kare remembers what I mean.

IMO at all: A good product / idea with a bad marketing!

Peter

As i drunk 5 beers, maybe misunderstood what they say about, and also i will not belive until they do what they talk. Just wanted to comment

#33 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4159 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:57 AM

@ TheHive - I do not know what you're doing, but when I run all scripts completely through, it works for me.
And I do not know about scripts, coding and PC very well, just like you .... :dubbio:
(and my source is even: German based WinXP Pro + Home (each edited with nlite so that SP3 and drivers are already integrated /
normal German Install CDs are working for me too ...)

Build using default settings and using English WinXP - SP0, SP2, and Sp3 as source. The Explorer Script has something where it wont copy the file and the build stops. Try using and English source and see if you get an error. It might be working with a German source but not with the English ones it seems.
1.jpg

Here is the log it creates.
Attached File  log.zip   40.04KB   335 downloads

#34 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12702 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:56 AM

Build using default settings and using English WinXP - SP0, SP2, and Sp3 as source. The Explorer Script has something where it wont copy the file and the build stops. Try using and English source and see if you get an error. It might be working with a German source but not with the English ones it seems.

On my x86 XP host it builds fine from German AND English source.

Peter

#35 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4159 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:25 AM

Weired! I use the same sources on winbuilder with no problems so far. But just this test and it fails to copy that file which ends the build.

#36 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12702 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:26 PM

Just to give some informations to the the forum's members.
I have been member of the LiveSystem-Pro.de forum from the very beginning.
I've been member #5.

The "I have been" tells you that I asked for removing me from the member list.
One of the admins is a (maybe psychopatic) enemy of reboot.pro. He even is not able to write this 'reboot.pro', he only writes something like 'reboo ...'.
livePro_mods.gif
BTW: Bazii is registered here as LinuxBaby, perhaps also as 'Franke-auf-Abwegen'.
An offer to give my ScreenResEx tool (independent from Winbuilder, can run in EVERY PE) for download in the LiveSystem-Pro forum has been refused by him, because I'm working also in the reboot.pro forum.

Maybe it is interesting to see the 'popularity' of LiveSystem-Pro.de:
LiveSystem_urser.gif

Peter

#37 Michele13

Michele13

Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 167 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:43 PM

Just to give some informations to the the forum's members.
I have been member of the LiveSystem-Pro.de forum from the very beginnimg.
I've been member #5.

The "I have been" tells you that I asked for removing me from the member list.
One of the admins is a (maybe psychopatic) enemy of reboot.pro. He even is not able to write this 'reboot.pro', he only writes something like 'reboo ...'.
livePro_mods.gif
BTW: Bazii is registered here as LinuxBaby.
An offer to give my ScreenResEx tool (independent from Winbuilder, can run in EVERY PE) for download in the LiveSystem-Pro forum has been refused by him, because I'm working also in the reboot.pro forum.

Maybe it is interesting to se the 'popularity' of LiveSystem-Pro.de:
LiveSystem_urser.gif

Peter

that is a shame! that makes me throw up...sorry if I said that. maybe I shuld not say such things...they treat you very very bad! like a sort of traditor! that's not right. you did right to leave that forum.

#38 Jared76

Jared76
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:34 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm in a search for a simple WinPE to use with older Hardware and was an old BartPE user, years ago.

I want to try this new LiveSystem, but get everytime this error about gdiplus.dll, like posted by TheHive.
The file does exist on my windows XP SP3 CD, but does not get copied.
Has anyone found a solution?

Jared

#39 Michele13

Michele13

Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 167 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:58 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm in a search for a simple WinPE to use with older Hardware and was an old BartPE user, years ago.

I want to try this new LiveSystem, but get everytime this error about gdiplus.dll, like posted by TheHive.
The file does exist on my windows XP SP3 CD, but does not get copied.
Has anyone found a solution?

Jared

Sorry We don't support LiveSystem. If you want you can use WinBuilder instead. here is a little tutorial for beginners: http://reboot.pro/4111/ :)

#40 Jared76

Jared76
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:14 PM

Thanks for the answer.

I tried winbuilder already and had problems with it, too. This one looked easier but also isn't working :dubbio:

#41 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12702 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:23 PM

"No success" in 99.99% of all cases does not depend on WinBulder, but on
  • The project you are using
  • The modifications you made in the project.
Give multiPE a trial. It can also process most of BartPE plugins.
When there are troubles, tell us exactly what's going wrong, and include a log.
(Unfortunatelly new users can not attach the log to their post. They have to upload it to any cloud.)

Peter

#42 Jared76

Jared76
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:38 PM

Thanks you pscEx,

this had confused me, I thought there was just livesystem pro and winbuilder.
People always call them so, I did not know there where different projects inside!

This multiPE has already booted inside VmWare :1st:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users