Response time

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:29 AM

Currently I often have troubles with the response time of reboot.pro.

Some hours ago display of a page needed (felt) minutes, now response time is rather short.

Can we have a pinned "Traffic Light" maintained and actualized by the site administration?

Green means "Stable running of the server"
Yellow means "Some change is currently in progress"
Red means "We are working on fixing an issue"

Peter

#2 Holmes.Sherlock

Holmes.Sherlock

Gold Member

• Team Reboot
  • 1444 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:44 AM

Currently I often have troubles with the response time of reboot.pro.

We are there in the same crew. Don't worry.

Green means "Stable running of the server"
Yellow means "Some cange is currently in progress"
Red means "We are working on fixing an issue"

With the current upgrade of IPB/IP.Nexus/IP.Downloads, the indicator will always stay red. :)

#3 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:44 AM

Me too. Yesterday the loading of a page even timed out and i was informed to try again in a few minutes.

I thought, we have switched to a more robust system, one of loadbalancing servers?

:cheers:

#4 Holmes.Sherlock

Holmes.Sherlock

Gold Member

• Team Reboot
  • 1444 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:46 AM

I thought, we have switched to a more robust system, one of loadbalancing servers?

Big Boss has rolled it back.

#5 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10565 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:12 AM

The goal of using a CDN is to save bandwidth and CPU load for the content that is static such as images, javascript and CSS files.

CloudFlare seemed like a good option, especially for the free price. However, themselves seem to under constant heat because of attacks and load from sites bigger than ours. On my blog I also detailed other things that I didn't liked so much about the service.

So, we are probably better left without cloudflare. I was looking at Coral Network as an option as well, however it is blocked on the company proxy. http://www.coralcdn.org/

My goal is to get better response times from the server, preferably without costs to our side.

Perhaps the paid option of cloudflare is better, for 20 USD a month it is better to bring a decent improvement as we already have too many expenses to manage.

btw: The changes in server performance for people in Germany is different. The server is located in Frankfurt and will be bound to give much better speed than for example, people in the US. With cloudflare, I believe that their servers were no longer located in Germany and thus the reason for apparent speed decrease on the past few days ago.

Can we have a pinned "Traffic Light" maintained and actualized by the site administration?

If someone is willing to code a forum plugin for this purpose, I would gladly use it: http://community.inv...ing-a-hook-r397

:cheers:

#6 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:07 PM

If someone is willing to code a forum plugin for this purpose, I would gladly use it: http://community.inv...ing-a-hook-r397

My idea was much more simply:

Just create a pinned topic "reboot.pro status" and you, mikorist(?) and whoever is working on the server setup, may edit the topic and change the color.

I created the topic in red color (as supposed by holmes.sherlock :cheers: ). When you do not like this idea, just delete the topic. When you like it, please set the current color.

Peter

#7 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:02 PM

Thanks, Nuno, for the update of the status.

Last hours I had the feeling that your green OK is correct (inspite I sametimes have some unusual long response times. But that may depend on my local installation.some other sites also have longer response times here). Maybe I have to reinstall my system.

Peter

#8 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:08 PM

Currently the response time is again not acceptable.

I'm an experient reboot.pro user and am patient enough to wait after my click for (currently estimated 20+ seconds).

But as visitor of a (for me) new page I would abort after maybe 10 seconds and try the next google result.

Peter

EDIT: I do not see any systematic response time. Just after posting that message, everything seems to be "like I see in different sites".
Are there any maintenance task, which sometimes run and slow down the server?

EDIT #2: Saving the above edit needed (estimated) 2 minutes.
Opening the post again for EDIT #2 and tell this, needed (estimated) 30 seconds.

EDIT #3: Saving #2 was just a click ...

#9 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1030 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:48 PM

confirm. page loading was very slow for me as well.

#10 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10565 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:14 PM

DDoS in progress
o

#11 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:22 PM

DDoS in progress
o

OOPS! Take care!

Peter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users