Net Framework V4 and Print Feature Script
Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:22 PM
I come back after 4 month of standby
I need tester for 2 scripts
http://www.mediafire...vrf4w958ymf9w8f Net Framework V4
http://www.mediafire...4bnzf38q4tqf12p Printer Feature
Thanks for your help
Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:48 PM
You have a tester here for the printer script.
- ludovici likes this
Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:45 PM
Dear ludovici, my first test with the Printer script ended unexpectedly due to a build error. Here is the log file: log_20120502_182200_Win7PE_SE_Support.7z 171.71KB 6 downloads
I may be wrong, but after I have studied the log file and your script a little it seems that it is a simple error of the destination folder not being created before the source files be copied into it. Just add the extra checks or the create folder before the copy commands.
Keep the good job. A Printer script is a must have for PE's if you need any assistance just let me know. I would like to join you in your Printer script development.
Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:23 PM
The script seems to be the old one from your project. If so, it's not working, i tested it back then.
Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:29 PM
In the copy commands, some foldersnames, or best all foldernames, need to loose the long number at the end.
Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:50 PM
Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:37 PM
Still doesn't work.
At least we know now, it's not because of a script error.
Error message, when one tries to start spooler service: Dependency group failed to start.
Print.script 200.52KB 13 downloads
Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:45 PM
And for my script
I will check this night what are this dependancy (DCOM Server Process Launcher, Remote Procedure Call (RPC), DCOM Server Process Launcher
Medevil have you the file "http.sys" in your System32Drivers directory of your WinPE ?
Can you explain Medevil, what are you doing on my script ?
I see this line "Unpack,Files,Spoolsv.7z,True,%TargetDir%Windows,System32"
The unpack command has been modified ?
Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:49 PM
The http driver entry is malformed.
Just running tests, which of 2 solutions gives the better result.
Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:05 PM
Maybe add also the "RootLEGACY_HTTP0000" registry key also
Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:51 PM
I went in the end with the second, cause it's the cleaner solution and i had hoped that that would allow the spooler service to auto start.
It does not.
So for now, spooler service needs to be started by hand, then ... printing works!
Unfortunately the add printer dialog presents me with no ports to choose from, so i had to try with the XPS-Printer.
PS: New printer script v8 Print.script 201.54KB 19 downloads
Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:59 AM
Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:07 PM
Sorry, for the delay. I am using version 8 of the print script and I have disabled the "stop on build error" option as requested, here is the log: Win7PE SE-Win7x86_2012-mai-05_10-37.7z 190.74KB 5 downloads
Still have the missing files errors.
Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:30 PM
That shouldn't be possible.
Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:35 PM
Just check the log file.
Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:39 PM
Could you check in the install.wim if the files exist? Maybe boot.wim too?
Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:36 PM
After some research I've found out that "DevicePairingProxy.dll.mui" and "DeviceUxRes.dll.mui" are not present on my Install.win %DistLang% folder which is by the way pt-BR. Those files are only present in my Install.win folder under en-US, maybe you could copy them from en-US.
They can't be found at the Boot.win folder too. I hope it helps.
Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:58 PM
But before i do that, i would like to be sure, that this is not just a hickup with your source.
Could you compare the files installed on your regular Win7, with the ones found in the en-US folder on your DVD, to verify that M$ simply copies the en-US files to your pt-BR folder?
Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:02 PM
Support for parallelport printer (LPT1) is definitly missing in the script. I tryed everwhichway to get the add printer dialog to show me LPT1 as an option, i didn't work.
Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:06 PM
Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:18 PM
MedEvil, I have checked the files in my working environment (I run Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bits in my working machine), so I have:
C:WindowsSystem32pt-BR: DeviceCenter.dll.mui, DevicePairing.dll.mui, DevicePairingFolder.dll.mui and DeviceProperties.exe.mui.
C:WindowsSystem32en-US: DevicePairingProxy.dll.mui and DeviceUxRes.dll.mui.
C:WindowsSysWOW64pt-BR: DeviceCenter.dll.mui, DevicePairing.dll.mui, DevicePairingFolder.dll.mui and DeviceProperties.exe.mui.
C:WindowsSysWOW64en-US: DevicePairingProxy.dll.mui and DeviceUxRes.dll.mui.
As we can see here, it seems that M$ uses DevicePairingProxy.dll.mui and DeviceUxRes.dll.mui as fallback files in the en-US folders. So, I think you should copy them from en-US and put them in the en-US PE folders too not in the PE pt-BR (%DistLang%). I hope it helps.
Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:40 PM
We could try it like that, but you would need to check, if it works like that in a PE too.
I have my doubts, sidebar proved to be rather picky about the mui folder in PE.
Print.script V8 Aeolis-Test-Version: Print.script 202.27KB 14 downloads
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users