Photo

Any update on retail release of ISOstick?

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:28 AM

Any update on retail release of ISOstick?
How are things going?

#2 elegantinvention

elegantinvention

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 310 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:49 PM

Things are going well, if a bit slow. :heh: I have been posting updates here: http://kickstarter.c...usb-stick/posts
The short version is: I recently discovered a nasty bug with Apple compatibility while testing the rewritten firmware, and that has kept me busy the past few weeks.
I expect the fix will be done this weekend, and the betas would then ship this week.

Depending on how the beta goes, I expect to ship the other Kickstarter units within a month, and I have extras on hand for jumping right into retail sales after that ^_^

#3 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:23 PM

Thanks for keeping up the other site with updates. I think I was looking at the http://blog.eleganti...tion.com/?cat=5
and didnt see an update for a while. :good:

#4 zpimp

zpimp
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:46 AM

will it be ready by december 2012?
how can we get it in europe/romania

#5 allig4t0r

allig4t0r
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
    Russian Federation

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:55 PM

Waiting for one/two in Russia as well.

#6 elegantinvention

elegantinvention

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 310 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:33 PM

Things are moving along. The beta is basically over, I plan to assemble and ship the remaining Kickstarter units next week. I'll be working on the website after that. They'll be sold through http://isostick.com when available; nothing there yet though.

If you'd like to be emailed when they're available for purchase again, you can sign up here: http://blog.elegantinvention.com/?p=38
  • Master of Disaster likes this

#7 zpimp

zpimp
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:00 PM

thank you for your quick reply, i hope to get it as soon as possible :)

#8 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:02 PM

I will also be sure to get one of these disks for fun/work. Really looking forward to see this available.
:cheers:

#9 Grif

Grif

• Developer
  • 38 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

Just purchased one! Cant wait to play with it :clap:

#10 allig4t0r

allig4t0r
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
    Russian Federation

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:18 PM

Haha, got mine too! Strange, amazon isn't taking my money even when I'm throwing them at the screen. Is there a delay?

#11 Grif

Grif

• Developer
  • 38 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:23 PM

Haha, got mine too! Strange, amazon isn't taking my money even when I'm throwing them at the screen. Is there a delay?

I dont know, there was no lag when I purchased mine but the twitter feed indicates there may be some lag updating.

#12 Mad Professor

Mad Professor
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:23 PM

I have also just order mine today, I can't want to get my hands on it. :yess:

#13 ozzman39

ozzman39

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:45 AM

the dev said amazon locked the account i guess they have velocity restrictions they they have to investigate to keep from ppl scamming

#14 elegantinvention

elegantinvention

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 310 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:46 AM

Yeah, no worries though! Amazon is putting all the orders through and I'll be shipping them Monday, they're just holding the money for a week to make sure I actually ship them.
:fine:

#15 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:23 AM

Retail launch!
Oct. 20, 2012

Buy Now (Temporarily Sold Out)

Barely opened the gates and its already sold out.

Suggest posting a link to amazon under youre name

Something like
Buy isostick
isostick
Elegant Invention Blog
Cool 3D printing stuff: desktopFab

So are the one sold on Amazon the fixed version on the socket.

Last but not least, it has come to my attention that some of the microSD sockets can be a bit loose. This sometimes requires the card be reseated after spending some time in a pocket or backpack, for example. In extreme cases, the card may not lock in the socket at all.
This seems to be a quality issue with the socket. I'm sorting this out for future production

:1st:

#16 elegantinvention

elegantinvention

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 310 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:19 AM

Suggest posting a link to amazon under youre name

Good idea! Done! :cheers:

So are the one sold on Amazon the fixed version on the socket.

Indeed the socket issue has been worked out, now they use a high quality Molex socket. No more loose cards!

#17 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:23 AM

Thanks! any idea when they will allow you to sell isostick' s on amazon again. What was the price?

#18 elegantinvention

elegantinvention

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 310 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

Price is USD$99, no microSD included. I'm allowed to sell, but I'm out of stock unfortunately! Working with the manufacturer to get everything ramped up for the next batch. Should be ready in 2-3 weeks, and this time it will be Fulfilled by Amazon. That means free shipping for Amazon Prime members (at least in the US, not sure how that works abroad) and faster shipping in general. :happy_dance3:
After that there should be a steady supply.

#19 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:47 PM

Any one know of a Promo code for this item. :sos: :music_guitar: :loleverybody:

#20 Anders Tygstrup

Anders Tygstrup
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    Denmark

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

Hi.

Im very interested in the isostick as i will be a great tool at work. Any ideas on when the next batch will be ready and if it will ship to Europe?

Best regards

#21 elegantinvention

elegantinvention

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 310 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

@Anders Tygstrup, they should be ready before the end of November still yet. They will be Fulfilled by Amazon, which does ship internationally, assuming they can sort out why I'm unable to activate FBA Global Export. :ermm:

EDIT: Well that was fast! They fixed it, so yes, they can be shipped internationally as well :good:

#22 Mad Professor

Mad Professor
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:11 PM

I am over in the UK, and I now have my ISO-Stick.

I was not expecting it that quick, so have not yet brought a large class 10 MicroSD yet.

Just a quick note for anyone one else in the UK that orders an ISO-Stick RoyalMail did charge me £20.20 in fees.

Regarding the ISO-Stick, it looks and feels very nice, but I do think it would be nice if the ISO-Stick did have an USB EndCap.

I hope to put this product to work very soon.

Best Regards.

#23 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:55 AM

Regarding the ISO-Stick, it looks and feels very nice, but I do think it would be nice if the ISO-Stick did have an USB EndCap.

JFYI:
http://reboot.pro/17692/#entry162480
http://reboot.pro/15..._50#entry142807

:cheers:
Wonko

#24 Overkill

Overkill
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:20 AM

I'm going to go ahead and tack on the end of this thread rather than start a new one; my question remains the same: ME WANT ISOSTICK, ME WANT ISOSTICK NOW! (or for Christmas!)

I work at Staples as a technician and HOLY HAND GRENADES (best P.C. replacement for what I wanted to say that I could come up with) this would be amazing!

Now, we aren't allowed to boot from any ISO files because of our corporate policy against using non-approved/provided tools, and we would in no way, shape, or form violate that. However, if we could, we would CONSTANTLY boot ISOs like:
Memtest, Windows install discs, OPHCrack, NT Offline Registry Editor, AV Rescue CDs, Diagnostic tools, UBCD, DBAN, Hiren's, etc.

I'd love to get my hands on one of these things!

And the USB 3.0 Passthrough idea made me squeal like a pubescent girl for Justin Bieber; my 1TB portable hard drive would be 42^42 times more useful!

Much love,
Overkill

#25 elegantinvention

elegantinvention

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 310 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

I'm going to go ahead and tack on the end of this thread rather than start a new one; my question remains the same: ME WANT ISOSTICK, ME WANT ISOSTICK NOW! (or for Christmas!)

Hah, fair enough ^_^
Well that 2-3 weeks mentioned before ended up doubling (as it tends to do). On the bright side, instead of just getting another 100 or so, there's a whopping 1000 on the way, and the capacity to produce many more as needed. Production is up and running in the US, with isosticks being made as I type this.

Anyway, tl;dr - I expect 1000 isosticks to be at Amazon's warehouse juuuuuust before xmas at the latest. The US manufacturer is just as excited as I am, and everybody's working to make it happen as soon as possible :thumbup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users