reboot hosting issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:20 PM

I'm working with bringing multiPE downloadable by the WinBuilder download function.

When adding the server to the xdownload center, no contents are shown.

Trying to access the server with the browser tells me, that the bandwidth is exceeded. :frusty:

That is a nice hosting service which tells the second, third or ??? user, that he has to wait a bit until he can get something.
This user did not download anything before from this server and gets the message "TOO MUCH" :frusty:

I'm rebuilding everything back to my server.

Peter

#2 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:53 PM

That is a nice hosting service which tells the second, third or ??? user, that he has to wait a bit until he can get something.
This user did not download anything before from this server and gets the message "TOO MUCH"

So, you are complaining that the server is now capable of blocking whenever a sub domain uses more quota than allowed.

As far as I'm concerned, this is a new wonderful feature that allows tracking who is using more bandwidth than what they should and prevent the server from being misused, don't you agree?

This is particularly useful to fight back DDoS where a malicious user tries to download as many files as possible and force the hosting company to close the hosting account.

There is an admin panel where I can set up the quota for each account. In fact, the procedure to raise the quota was explained very clearly at http://reboot.pro/16676/ on the chapter "Raising the limits on disk/bandwidth quotas".

It wouldn't cost so much to say "Hey, I need a bit more of quota please" or just drop me an email message instead of writing a public post complaining about the server hosting because you used more than 5Gb in a few days.

This is a free service and doesn't cost a thing to be nice to others.

Take care,
Nuno Brito

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users