#1 Raedwald

Raedwald

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

Hi chaps,
This is my first time on the forum and I am hoping for some help and enlightenment.After a lot of trying I now have a Livexp usb stick that works a treat.The only thing missing is internet access.The Opera program is built in so all I have to do now is get it up and running.......er......help......er...yeah...HELP!. I have found scripts for IE6 and IE8 but I have no idea how to transfer the scripts to the build as this is something that is new to me.If someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.Thanks in advance
Dave...slightly mad...Dave

#2 apemax

apemax

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 172 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:42 PM

Hello Raedwald and welcome to reboot.pro. :)

To get internet access in LiveXP you need three things:

1: The PENetwork script checked.

2: The network driver of the PC you are going to be booting from. You can use the tool myNic in the tools directory to get the driver from the PC Winbuilder is running on. It will put the driver in a script that you can then put in your Drivers/Nework directory. It will then be added to the build if checked.

3: A internet browser. IE6 is under the Components/Core/System directory.

Which of these do you have?
  • Raedwald likes this

#3 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:54 PM

2: The network driver of the PC you are going to be booting from. You can use the tool myNic in the tools directory to get the driver from the PC Winbuilder is running on. It will put the driver in a script that you can then put in your Drivers/Nework directory. It will then be added to the build if checked.

Another option, use this script http://www.mediafire...8vuxhz3qgul55lb and add DP_LAN_wnt5_x86-32_*.7z to "<project>WorkbenchCommonDrivers". That way it will automatically find and install the driver for any machine you boot (assuming DriverPacks supports your NIC). ;)

#4 Raedwald

Raedwald

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:05 PM

Hello again chaps,
Thankyou for the heads up - I appreciated your replies. I am still having problems but I am going to keep trying for another week or so as I am sure I am missing something obvious.I feel like Robert E Lee having just told General Pickett to charge right into the middle of the Union lines.........good idea......er hope so....something will go right by the law of averages - it has to - possibly
Thanks again
Dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users