hello. On this page you'll find the NativePE customized preinstallation environment.
In Winbuilder you'll find NativePE on the Downloads page under:
*It's official!! XP SP3 is now supported as a source
Server 2003 sources are still experimental.
And of course, XP SP2 sources will work as before.
-- See below for the earlier version's changelog.
-- See Winbuilder's download page for further details on recent changes.
Here I'll leave some notes about updates if time permits.
- OO Defrag added!
- TrueImage Omni added!
- Update, scripting consistency: All instances of %SystemDrive% and %SystemRoot% have been replaced with either the expanded path via some variable if applicable or special characters are used, e.g.: #$pSystemRoot#$p is used instead of %SystemRoot% so that it should never be confused with the local system variable. Usually not an issue, but my system is not necessarily like yours. Additionally, wb versions may not all perform the same.
- Added: PowerISO 3.8 for PE with virtual drive management service for mounting up to 8 images. Manipulate, compresses, and burn common image formats in pe.
- Added: ScriptingCore.script, Adds pre-registered support for WSH, VBS, JS, and OLE automation
- Updated: Create BcdwPE ( for Carfan ) I don't think I can fit another feature into this one.
~ I'll attach an update for VBox here below, I just assume use the prior version for the nativepe server as the setup has grown several MB. ( boo, hiss!! ). When I repackage VBox as a 7zSfx the setup is about 1/2 the size of the .msi., but the eula requires we dl the setup .msi. See below.
- The Usb script had a reg file which contained many unrelated entries. In these were UpperFilter entries that ruined some disk service functions, also, many networking and other entries. Hopefully the revision will perform as needed for everyone. It makes possible the following..
- ReAdded: Acronis Disk Director with some licensing options it needed. It now has a partner Snapman UpperFilters script in the project PostProc dir.
- VirtualBox revision! working within the limits of the innotek license, vbox is downloaded from innotek directly and installed silently on the fly. It can be uninstalled quietly each time the script runs or left installed on the user's system. A new logo was added for the fun of it.
- Some changes to make scripts portable between projects, currently buildmodel and the Xpe shell are supported in most app scripts. You may google bartPEcore for a Xpe based wb project, you should find something.
- Added xxxxBin.script template for binaries over 5 MB. There are 2, avast and firefox.
- Introduced WB Version script to include a tested version of winbuilder. This avoids issues with unstable betas while development takes place.
- Modified several scripts so they're portable and may be removed from this project and used elsewhere. (I'm currently using some scripts as post processing tools for Bart's pebuilder)
- Added: VMWare script modified to include full and thin clients plus option to keep old VM.
- Updated: Netmeter script, added display and some other options.
- Updated: Firefox (v188.8.131.52) for WinBuilder, script revised, loads faster.
- Updated: Opera 8.54, repackaged to save some space (no files removed), file associations and shortcuts repaired, start panel shortcut added.
- Explorer script updated adding shortcut creation support (see desktop rt. click menu).
- System added to administrators group.. net.exe localgroup administrators /add system
- Context menus and control panel cleaned up, non functional entries removed from registry. (cplfix.reg updated)
- Discovered HivesFactory may have an issue when "[" or "]" are found in the folder path to the %BaseDir%. If you receive a hojope.exe error report during the build, try using another folder.
- Minor updates to several scripts, mostly cosmetic.
- Some structural changes. Either RAM Drive may be used for any letter (so long as not the same).
- Various fixes to achieve stability.
- Added Filedisk Ramdrive script, also includes shell extension. If option is selected, during the build the normal %ProgramFiles% is transferred to the ramdrive image. At boot time the image is mounted and linked to "%SystemDrive%\Program Files".
Please note that nested NTFS compression is used and does not support mounting of certain images. Also, VDK did not function normally in these tests. The compression ratio however is good, examining the free space of the finished build's disks should be some fun.
- Two new diagnostic scripts, RM RAMtester and UnknownDevices PCI inspector.
- Minlogon now reintegrated without issue.
- A new AIO project package is available that unpacks a 7zSfx exe archive containing all needed scripts and files. It doesn't include firefox or avast, two large scripts, or other bulky unrequired items/options.
- Project updated with misc. changes for WinBldr 71 beta1
- Create BcdwPE script updated: Runs w/o temp files; Drive in use check added to eliminate using any pre-existing drive z: (default letter).
- Various sub-folders added for organization of scripts.
- Early Vista wallpaper added, various bugs addressed.
- Project revised for WB 69 beta XX use, some small additions which include hashtab.dll (see file properties) and NTFSRatio, accessed through rt. click on dir..
- CreateBcdwPE script creates a multiboot image with IMG InRAM and regular PE from CD boot options.
- Three extra boot option fields available in CreateBcdwPE.script to supply bcdw.ini entry information. GeeXboX Linux Media Suite is unpacked from GEEXBOX.exe if the user downloads the file in 'Tools' and checks the option box. Acronis product ISOs are easy to add, DiskDirector Linux example provided.
- Avast Scanner script updated, the new product versions is 4.7.1001.0. UI revised.
- FoxitReader script updated with syntax corrections and a new version of FoxitReader.exe.
- MMC now fully functional (replaces defragnt and updatedevices).
- 7zSfz Backup script saves projects in a highly compressed archive for restoration at a later time. Find it in the Tools scripts dir..
-QuickBurn now resides in Apps and Tools, a 444 KB standalone burning app featuring internal aspi layer and and option to create a bootable iso. Burning begins without confirmation if media is found, hense, QuickBurn. So..watch out!
- FileDiskWB in Tools is to assist with creation of filedisk images that might contain PE or full NT platforms.
- Opera 8.54 is used as default browser.
- Firefox updated to v184.108.40.206 with fixes.
- 'Zune Dark' theme added and the new ResourceHacker script mods bootscreen, startbutton, etc..
notes on use
If the FBWF (File-Based Write Filter) script is used without the ramdisk script, the Ramdrive letter should be changed to "X:" in the Define Fundamentals script.
Some apps (e.g. Avast!) require a FAT Ramdrive at B: (in PE) for encrypted storage. Please keep this in mind when making changes.
As of v68 beta10, Updates may be found in WinBuilder's default project list, however,
If you find you're using an earlier version simply...
Add to or make a winbuilder.ini file:
[main] WebServer=http://thuun.boot-land.net/WinBldr/XP-2K3/ProjectsRun WinBuilder next to it. to access the scripts in the Download page.
And of course, browse if you like...
Pictured below, an early test project.. and, some scripts from a more recent project version.