Photo
- - - - -

Concrete bug? create iso don t works, with files over 2GB!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 livedude

livedude

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

i am afread that my request goes under, therefore i post this as bug-report again:

if i copy files wich are over 2gb (the win7.iso for example) to the project, then the create iso-procss failed.
it seems that mkisofs, the create-iso-script, winbuilder itself, or something i don t know, has a concrete bug with this.
i tried everything i can do as enduser, but i clouldn t fix it.
i don t have the knowledge.
can a dev please try to reproduce this bug.
further informations are found here: http://reboot.pro/16596/page__st__25
and here: http://reboot.pro/16596/ (last entrys).

steps for reproducing the issue:

build a multibuild project with for example win7Pe_se.
then you have this structure:
project-dir/target/Win7PE_SE/
this seems the source dir, on wich the iso wil be createt.
in project-dir/Win7PE_SE/Boot/IMG i put now a file wich is over 2gb of size (for example the iso of win7)
the creating iso process goes wrong. if i put a smaller file in /IMG everythings works fine.
i hope that helps with reproducing.

i am sorry for another thread, but this is an tricky problem for me wich decide, if i can use winbuilder to finish my job or not.
i hope this problem is fixable somehow.

thx in advance

livedude

Edited by livedude, 28 March 2012 - 04:59 PM.

#2 ChrisR

ChrisR

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 784 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:11 PM

Yes, an issue with the current version of mkisofs,
http://reboot.pro/16563/
I'll watch to solve it

:cheers:

#3 livedude

livedude

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:28 PM

Thank you very much for validateing the issue.
i also thought that this link has something to do with the problem.
so i also postet it here:
http://reboot.pro/16596/page__st__25
i also tried with a current version of mkisofs. no luck, but i also told that in the linked thread.
and i tried it wih the dev-version? of winbuilder includet in the MultiPE Leopard v2 project.
the same issue;(
ok, then its not my fault and we speak here from a concrete bug.
i hope someone with knowlegde read this and correct it.
thx again for you feedback ChrisR

best regards

livedude

Edited by livedude, 28 March 2012 - 05:33 PM.

#4 patsch

patsch

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 785 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:48 PM

I can confirm that with the version from MBAM Alpha 7 my 6.5GB-iso is correctly built.

The problem is:
a.) what Peter says: winbuilder works in some cases with 32-bit integers instead of 64-bit-ones, therefore one must use Peter's developer version from his project (multipe and NOT Leopard!)
b.) the mkisofs-version from within the project is outdated or strangely compiled, use another one like the one included in the MBAM-Project

#5 livedude

livedude

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:57 PM

plese can you give detailed instructions how to solve the spoken problem. i am no dev, am a enduser only.
where i get these MBAM Alpha 7?

have looked for it but i did not found it.

and then multipe? you said multipe leopard it is not.
then there is a other project called "multi7pes".
is it that what you mean? if yes, then i have to say, that i just tried the mkisofs from this version.. issue still there.
maybe you see (or also not if one wouldn t see it),i do what i can, but maybe someone here should try to see that i am a simple enduser!
i am no expert. therefore it were helpfull to explain things so, that an enduser wich is no programmer and no dev can understund the instructions that he can tramsform them. i have the impression, some people have forget what an enduser is...
so please give me detailed instructions how to solve this problem, wich are also understundable for the enduser.
for that i will be very grapefull.

best regards

livedude

Edited by livedude, 28 March 2012 - 08:09 PM.

#6 patsch

patsch

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 785 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:11 PM

ChrisR linked to my thread in the second post of this thread, there you will find the link to the mbam project ... in that thread you find a download link from Wonko : http://reboot.pro/96...post__p__123907
In that 7z-file you will find the version of mkisofs that works for me. Just copy that mkisofs.exe into your tools directory and overwrite the old one

Secondly the project from peter : http://reboot.pro/fi...ile/61-multipe/
In that archive you will have the latest version of winbuilder.exe that will handle correctly the size of the directory. Just use that version instead of winbuilder082. If you want to keep the project up2date you will have to add the update server list found in the wb82-ini file (these are the servers: w7pese.spam.net,gena.spam.net,yomi.spam.net)

i have the impression, some people have forget what an enduser is...

I don't think so ... I'm also an enduser, I'm not a programmer/developer and all my knowledge about winbuilder I got by reading a lot of stuff in this forum and by asking around. This is not a matter of some days, it took me weeks to have what I exactly needed, with hundreds of builds, lots of own script-tries, lots of testing the different projects ... you had all the links and explanations in your afair 3 threads. You just have to read carefully.

#7 ChrisR

ChrisR

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 784 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:18 PM

Post crossed with your patsch, I publish it in addition ;)

plese can you give detailed instructions how to solve the spoken problem. i am no dev, am a enduser only.

The version here http://fy.chalmers.s...RW/tools/win32/
Works with files up to 4 GB and Default windows installation ISO files are below 4 GB (even win8 cp).
A nice replacement for current Win7PE_SE, thanks cdob for the hint.
for info: same version inside Multiboot ISO Maker (MBAM)

where i get these MBAM Alpha 7?
have looked for it but i did not found it.

Multiboot ISO Maker (freeware) is an unrestrained graphical front end for mkisofs write by Skyide.
You can found it In Multiboot ISO Maker topics with a version shared by Wonko #post63 mbim_alpha07_r01
A version 8 from skyide seems existing but not found.

and then multipe? you said multipe leopard it is not.
then there is a other project called "multi7pes".

For win7, there are several good existing projects Win7PE_SE, multipe leopard, multiPE, MakePE3, ...
The best is to try and choose the one that suits you :)

ps: the winbuilder version, WB82, WB80r3 works with 32 bits integer, not enough sometimes for the function Retrieve,FolderSize which gives a negative result
A workaround was implemented in w7pese with If,%FolderSize%,Bigger,0 -> If,Not,%FolderSize%,Equal,0
pscEx Release an (un)official version of wb (83) and coded with 64 bits integer in his project.

:cheers:

#8 livedude

livedude

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:25 PM

I Thank you both very, very match!
with this informations i can work and try to solve the problem.
bevor, the information were not clear enought to understund for me.
and then the scound barrier, is my bad english;(
have atm not the time to improve it, but there is hope;)

well, i use the win7pe_se project and from that, the create iso.script.
i hope i can modify win7se_pe with this infos.
but lets see.
thank you very much again for this usefull and understundable informations!

Greettings

livedude

Edited by livedude, 28 March 2012 - 09:26 PM.

#9 patsch

patsch

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 785 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:28 PM

ps: the winbuilder version, WB82, WB80r3 works with 32 bits integer, not enough sometimes for the function Retrieve,FolderSize which gives a negative result
A workaround was implemented in w7pese with If,%FolderSize%,Bigger,0 -> If,Not,%FolderSize%,Equal,0

But that workaround did not work for me ... I always have my project up2date but also with that update of the 4-iso.script I had the Problem of the size and because of that I opened my thread ...

#10 ChrisR

ChrisR

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 784 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:36 PM

@Patsch
Yes, the workaround is just for WB, forgetting mkisofs ;) (in tools folder)
Thank you both to have indicated this problem, I'll update on the server with mkisofs below which seems to work well.

@LiveDude
Shortly:
download mkisofs here http://fy.chalmers.s...n32/mkisofs.exe
and put it in xxxxProjectsToolsWin7PE_SE by replacing the current version

#11 livedude

livedude

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:26 PM

the problem seem to be solved. the create iso.script shows the wrong size, but the size of the buildet iso seems to be ok.
have to make some further tests, but till now it looks good:)
i wish to thank all persons, wich were constructive involved in the solution process.

best regards
livedude

Edited by livedude, 28 March 2012 - 11:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users