3 replies to this topic

#1 Wilk1976

Wilk1976
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:22 PM

Decided to try the latest Win7pe_se build and built a 32-bit version with no issues. I then built a 64-bit version and on boot I get the error 0xc0000142 on remount.exe and then again on pssuspend.exe. I have tried several things including rebuilding from scratch several times to no avail. I have been building usb pe drives for a while now and have managed to always work it out but for some reason I just can't seem to get this to work. Any help appreciated.

#2 Wilk1976

Wilk1976
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:35 PM

OK I wrote this in a rush last night, so here is a more complete version of what is going on. This is a bootable usb built using the Win7pe_se project, using the Winbuilder82 version. The building process of the Win7pe_se 64 completes with no errors. For some reason on the 64 bit build of Win7pe_se, when you boot to it you initially get a error window that states that remount.exe did not initialize properly, you click ok and then the same window appears for pssuspend.exe twice then once you click ok everything boots and runs normally. The remount.exe file is created by cdusb.exe when it attempts to remap the usb drive to y:, the pssuspend.exe file is started by the batch file that disables the 72 hour limitation of Win7pe. The exit code of both are -1073741502. This seems to be an issue of Win7 64 not recognizing the size of the files correctly and allocating the correct memory space for them, or something along those lines. However no matter how many times I rebuild the 64-bit version these same errors occur. I have tried manually replacing the files as well as choosing the bare minimum of options on the build still no joy. I am sure it is something stupid simple I just seem to be missing it though. The only thing I did extra on the 64 bit build was expand the wim files, but I don't see how this could be related.

Edited by Wilk1976, 27 March 2012 - 06:36 PM.

#3 ChrisR

ChrisR

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 784 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:26 AM

I am not able to reproduce it !

what do you mean by :

The only thing I did extra on the 64 bit build was expand the wim files, but I don't see how this could be related.

I feel suspect about source ...
Maybe try with an original win7.
You have a list of Official Windows 7 ISO from Digital River in the main script.

#4 Wilk1976

Wilk1976
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:35 PM

I am not able to reproduce it !

what do you mean by :

I feel suspect about source ...
Maybe try with an original win7.
You have a list of Official Windows 7 ISO from Digital River in the main script.

I meant when I built the 32-bit version I did not expand the wim files ( using 7-zip to expand them to a folder ) first but on the 64-bit version I did. The source is one I use for deployments which is the case for the source I used to build the 32-bit version. Just weird is all, everything else works fine on the 64-bit version, just those two errors when it boots. The cdusb.exe produces a remount.exe file which is 32-bit which I thought may be the issue since I found a 64-bit version of remount.exe, but I have no idea why the pssuspend.exe file does not work. No big deal as I was just building a 64-bit version out of curiosity. Thanks for the reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users