Photo

OEM Product Activation - Clearing the Crapware!

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 misty

misty

Gold Member

• Developer
  • 1066 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:14 PM

POPULAR

I have a tendency to go on a bit so I'll do my best to clarify what this post is about before you become so bored you stop reading. Basically it will cover extracting OEM licensing information prior to installing a clean (non cr@pware) version of Windows 7 (and probably Vista/2008), then (re)activating using the OEM information extracted earlier. It won't work for everyone as it depends on the method your OEM uses to activate your system. Provided your BIOS contains the relevant information it's possible to extract an OEM certificate from your existing system so that it can be added to a new retail installation to convert it back to OEM - activating windows. You will need to provide your own installation media.

See here for an interesting article on the subject of cr@pware. According to the author "...The weakest link in the PC ecosystem is, without a doubt, the one right before the hardware reaches your desk...".

Before proceeding it's worth discussing Microsoft Product Activation. See here for an article on Technical Details on Microsoft Product Activation for Windows XP - it's well worth reading and much of it also applies to Windows 7. Some gems from this article -

The majority of customers acquire Windows with the purchase of a new computer, and most new computers pre-loaded with Windows XP will not require activation at all. Microsoft provides OEMs with the ability to "pre-activate" Windows XP in the factory and estimates that upwards of 80% of all new PCs will be delivered to the customer pre-activated.

Some OEMs may protect Windows XP using a mechanism which locks the installation to OEM-specified BIOS information in the PC.

Successfully implemented, SLP uses information stored in an OEM PC's BIOS to protect the installation from casual piracy. No communication by the end customer to Microsoft is required and no hardware hash is created or necessary. At boot, Windows XP compares the PC's BIOS to the SLP information. If it matches, no activation is required.

Every single piece of hardware could be changed on a PC with SLP and no reactivation would be required — even the motherboard could be replaced as long as the replacement motherboard was original equipment manufactured by the OEM and retained the proper BIOS.

The method below has been tested with Windows 7 but should also apply to Windows Vista/2008, as these products all use similar OEM product activation. I have not been able to test this method with Vista or 2008 due to hardware (and software) restrictions - my Samsung NC10 netbook runs Windows 7 fine, but will not work with Vista and I don't have a copy of Windows 2008 to test.

This topic might fall into grey areas in terms of legalities. I would like to make it clear that although some of the information can potentially be abused to help circumvent Windows product activation, I am not advocating any form of piracy.

During the past few years I have noticed an increase in the amount of cr@p that OEM's bundle with new computers. Some of these systems are, to me, almost unusable as a consequence. My first task on purchasing any computer is to remove all of the cr@pware so that I have a clean working system. Some people use the Add/Remove Program features of Windows to complete this task, however in my experience uninstalling a program does not always remove all trace of it. It can also take longer to remove bundled software than to do a clean Windows installation - try uninstalling a Microsoft Office Suite trial for fun!

I prefer a more drastic approach, but like to retain the benefits of OEM product activation. The method I will detail in this post will only work if your computer users the System Locked Pre-installation (SLP) method of activation. A SLP BIOS contains information that is used to automatically activate Windows so that online (or telephone) product activation is not required. I have no intention of discussing how to add this information to a BIOS that does not already contain it - any requests regarding this will be ignored and hopefully deleted. If you purchased your computer from a major OEM (including Acer, Asus, Dell, HP, Samsung, Sony, etc) then there is a very good chance that it uses a form of SLP - whether this be version 1.0 (Windows XP/2003), 2.0 (Vista/Server 2008) or 2.1 (7/Server 2008 R2 - backwards compatible with Vista/Server 2008).

SLP 2.* activation requires three separate components -
  • SLIC (Software LICensing) description table in BIOS
  • Digital OEM Certificate (*.xrm-ms) - must match information in the SLIC description table
  • OEM Product Key

The Product Key on the Certificate of Authenticity (COA) attached to an OEM system is not necessarily the key used to activate the computer if SLP activation is used. To find the SLP Product Key, use a keyfinder (e.g. Magical Jellybean, System Information Windows, etc).

To obtain the OEM certificate extract it using a hex editor (see below). These steps must be completed before installing your clean version of Windows.

I recommend that you take a backup of your system before attempting this tutorial. I'd hate for you to go through these steps to find that your system doesn't actually use SLP activation - having already wiped your working (activated) OEM installation. There are loads of system backup methods including paid and freeware - e.g. Ghost, DriveimageXML, Drive Snapshot. See Jamal's Image your System and Forget about Formatting – Period! for one method of backing up the system.

Checking the BIOS for SLIC information

AIDA64 can be used to check if your BIOS contains SLIC information - download from here. The limited functionality trial version can be used. Start AIDA64 and check Motherboard > ACPI > SLIC to see if a SLIC description table is present in your BIOS. This will display the SLP version used on your system (e.g. 2.0/2.1).

NOTE - The presence of a SLIC description table does not necessarily mean that your computer uses SLP activation - hence my suggestion to back up your system.

Remember to find your license key

As previously stated, the Product Key on the Certificate of Authenticity (COA) attached to an OEM system is not necessarily the key used to activate the computer if SLP activation is used. To find the SLP Product Key, use a keyfinder (e.g. Magical Jellybean, System Information Windows, etc).

Extrating the OEM Certificate (.xrm-ms)

To extract the Digital OEM Certificate you will need to find tokens.dat - this file should be in the Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwareLicensing directory (or possibly the same path but SoftwareProtectionPlatform folder). I usually copy this file using WinPE, however it can be copied from a live system - you will have to ensure that hidden folders are displayed. Copy tokens.dat - e.g. to C:\tokens.dat.

1 - Open C:\tokens.dat in a hex editor - I have used the excellent tinyhexer.

2 - Search for text OEM Certificate (Ctrl+F, select/tick the Find Text and Ignore case boxes and click on Find).

3 - Manually scroll upwards and locate the text <? xml version= " 1.0 " encoding= " utf-8 "? > proceeding the OEM Certificate string located in step 2.

4 - Now manually scroll down and find the text string </r:license> directly following the OEM Certificate string located in step 2.

5 - Now highlight from (and including) <? xml version= " 1.0 " encoding= " utf-8 "? > (step 3) to </r:license> (step 4)

6 - Copy the highlighted text (Edit > Copy)

7 - Paste into a new file (File > New, followed by Edit > Paste)

8 - Now save as oemcert.xrm-ms file (File > Save)

NOTE - I managed to obtain over 40 OEM certificates (via google) to check for a common size. All of the SLP 2.1 certificates I obtained were 2731 bytes in size.

Installing Windows and (Re)activating

This is where things can get a bit controversial, as you will probably require a retail disc to complete the steps below. OEM's rarely provide optical media these days, as recovery partitions are used instead. In the days when OEM's did provide optical media it was rarely a proper Windows disc anyway. If you do not have access to a copy of your edition of Windows you won't be able to proceed. Digital River provide downloads on behalf of Microsoft and are seen as a safe source of Media - don't ask for any direct links here though.

Is it legal to install from a retail disc and then convert to OEM after installation? I'm honestly not sure as there are a lot of myths floating around the net and various interpretations of the EULA. I do know that an OEM license is restricted to the computer that was purchased and is not transferable, however this does not apply here.

I am not going to cover the installation here as there are numerous guides out there.

Once Windows has been installed, use the following batch file (run as admin) to (re)activate using the Extracted OEM Certificate and SLP product key taken from your working OEM system (edit the path to your oemcert.xrm-ms file and change the product key) -

@ECHO OFF

setlocal

SET CERT=OEM.XRM-MS

SET KEY=#####-#####-#####-#####-#####

:_run

cls

echo.

echo.

echo Select one of the following options -

echo.

echo 1] Activate

echo 2] Check activation status

echo 3] Abort

echo.

set choice=

set /p choice=Type option [1 - 3] and press ENTER.

if '%choice%'=='1' goto _activate

if '%choice%'=='2' goto _check

if '%choice%'=='3' goto _end

goto _run

:_activate

cls

%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\SLMGR.VBS -ilc %CERT%

%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\SLMGR.VBS -ipk %KEY%

goto _end

:_check

cls

%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\SLMGR.VBS -dlv

goto _end

:_end

endlocal

echo.

echo.

pause

Good luck

Regards

Misty
  • Brito, Rocketdog and Geno Thomas like this

#2 misty

misty

Gold Member

• Developer
  • 1066 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:03 PM

Windows XP (SLP 1.0) Activation

Please read the first post for an explanation of SLP activation.

Unlike Windows 7 activation, which can be done after installation, Windows XP OEM BIOS files will need to be integrated into your source (CD, Network (for RIS install), etc) before XP is installed.

You will also need to obtain your SLP product key. The Product Key on the Certificate of Authenticity (COA) attached to an OEM system is not necessarily the key used to activate the computer if SLP activation is used. To find the SLP Product Key, use a keyfinder (e.g. Magical Jellybean, System Information Windows, etc).

I have only tested this method by using a generic OEM source - a non-branded OEM CD. I think a retail source can also be used, however some sites state that SETUPP.INI must be edited (or possible even created) - changing the PID value to end in OEM. I don't have a retail disc, so can't test. Use google if you only have access to a Retail disc. Reports also indicate that VLK discs will not work, however if you have a VLK source I don't think you really need this guide.

Remember to use the same generic OEM source as your current Windows XP version - e.g. Use XP Home, Pro, etc.

Copy your generic OEM source to C:\OEMXP

You will need to copy the following files from your activated OEM Windows XP to a tempory location -

C:\Windows\system32\OEMBIOS.BIN
C:\Windows\system32\OEMBIOS.DAT
C:\Windows\system32\OEMBIOS.SIG
C:\Windows\system32\Catroot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}\OEMBIOS.CAT

Now CAB compress each of these files by running the command(s) -

MAKECAB OEMBIOS.BIN
MAKECAB OEMBIOS.CAT
MAKECAB OEMBIOS.DAT
MAKECAB OEMBIOS.SIG

Now replace your source files (C:\OEMXP\I386) with the files you have just compressed, remaster a CD if required, and install Windows as normal - using the product key you hopefully remembered to find earlier.

Regards,

Misty

#3 Grif

Grif

• Developer
  • 38 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:34 AM

Very cool info.

Did not expect to find this here, esp how to extract the OEM cert, I personally never seen that anywhere.

Kudos to you, and thank you! None of this is of dubious legality IMHO. In fact in many cases the only way to recover a valid lic from a sick or rebuilt machine is using these kinds of techniques. Using the original OEM cert with the OEM factory key on a proper unmodified bios with the appropriate SLIC is absolutely legitimate IMHO.

#4 misty

misty

Gold Member

• Developer
  • 1066 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:54 PM

...Did not expect to find this here, esp how to extract the OEM cert, I personally never seen that anywhere.

@Grif
Thanks for the feedback. I can't take the credit for this as the information is out there - it's just not as well written or presented :rofl:

I'm not going to link to the source in question as I'm not sure of the legalities of the site - it's focused more on BIOS hacks to activate Windows illegally.

Misty

#5 marsilies

marsilies
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:13 PM

For Vista/7, I've found this tool to be an easy, straightforward way to backup and restore the key and OEM cert:
http://directedge.us...kup-and-restore

I've used it on both Vista and Windows 7, and it's worked well.

For XP, I've used the files in this post to automate getting the key and necessary files:
http://www.msfn.org/...g-installation/

I will say, you will need a generic OEM XP disc to re-install SLP OEM, a retail disc won't work without further changes.
  • misty likes this

#6 jpelli

jpelli

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
    Finland

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:24 PM

For Vista/7, I've found this tool to be an easy, straightforward way to backup and restore the key and OEM cert:
http://directedge.us...kup-and-restore

I've used it on both Vista and Windows 7, and it's worked well.

ABR saves a lot of time when reinstalling a lot of machines. Highly recommended, especially for novices!

#7 andex

andex

• Tutorial Writer
  • 68 posts
  •  
    Ethiopia

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:45 PM

Nice post. I would have tried it, if I didn't need a backup. I am traveling tomorrow and I have no time to do this. When I am back, I will post the result. I wish there is an application that make a back up of the activation data so that it can be transferred to another ISO for the same computer. By the way, if you need backup, the best method :1st: is to Create a Bootable Windows 7/Vista Recovery ISO.

Update: Thank you marsilies!!

#8 marsilies

marsilies
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:42 PM

I wish there is an application that make a back up of the activation data so that it can be transferred to another ISO for the same computer

What do you mean by "another ISO"?

#9 sasaa

sasaa

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:36 AM

i have used this method for a long time
I create multi-language images for the company i work for
And i even make a simple Exe that activates the system.

@echo off

cscript slmgr /ipk #####-#####-#####-#####-#####

cscript slmgr /ilc OEM.xrm-ms

cscript slmgr /ato

the cscript part eliminates the vbs output screens

I use "Bat_To_Exe_Converter.exe" to create a exe with the OEM's logo

On windows 7 you can even activate another windows if the bios is Slic-ed (2.1) you can install ultimate you only need the product key for it|
i won't give then just google...

#10 misty

misty

Gold Member

• Developer
  • 1066 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:52 AM

http://directedge.us...kup-and-restore .....For XP, I've used the files in this post to automate getting the key and necessary files:
http://www.msfn.org/...g-installation

@marsilies
Thanks for the links. I hadn't come across either of these before.

Regards,

Misty

#11 andex

andex

• Tutorial Writer
  • 68 posts
  •  
    Ethiopia

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:01 PM

What do you mean by "another ISO"?

I meant, an application that work as the one you suggested. So it is now solved, for me!

#12 briang

briang
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:33 PM

i have used this method for a long time
I create multi-language images for the company i work for
And i even make a simple Exe that activates the system.

@echo off

cscript slmgr /ipk #####-#####-#####-#####-#####

cscript slmgr /ilc OEM.xrm-ms

cscript slmgr /ato

the cscript part eliminates the vbs output screens

I use "Bat_To_Exe_Converter.exe" to create a exe with the OEM's logo

On windows 7 you can even activate another windows if the bios is Slic-ed (2.1) you can install ultimate you only need the product key for it|
i won't give then just google...

Be careful using Bat to Exe, it extracts the .bat to the temp directory in plain text. So if there is anything you don't want the user to have access to, your better off using software that compiles the code. I suggest using AutoIt (http://www.autoitscr...om/site/autoit/).

-BG

#13 Anderson

Anderson
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    Brazil

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

I did a fresh install of WIndows 7 Pro x64 using a retail media. Then captured the windows key from another computer same with Windows enabled at the factory and performed backup the OEM certificate and ran the batch command, but came up a message stating that the entered key to be incompatible with the system version. I'm using the same version that the manufacturer handed except for being using a retail media.
Has anyone experienced this?
I apologize for possible errors in the writing ... because they have not mastered the English language.
Thank you,
Anderson

#14 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

Then captured the windows key from another computer same with Windows enabled at the factory and performed backup the OEM certificate and ran the batch command, but came up a message stating that the entered key to be incompatible with the system version.

Hmmm. :dubbio:

The idea should be that of re-installing on the SAME computer (which will have the same SLIC ).

:cheers:

Wonko

#15 Anderson

Anderson
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    Brazil

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:44 PM

Wonko, thanks for the feedback.

The scenario is as follows:
We have 500 computers from the same manufacturer, pre-activated SLIC 2.1.

The manufacturer installs SLIC same on all computers?
Ideally I would export the certificate from the computer formatted before installing Windows with retail media?

My intention is to customize the factory image, but keep the pre activation and then capture the image and deploy to a CD, network, MDT ...

#16 Blackcrack

Blackcrack

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 458 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:34 AM

Can anyone not maby create an Apllicaton for Backup and reinstall/Recerticating this win7 with diffrent information

about the Backuped Reg and the System actually for comparison, if it is the right mashin..

i have at moment an Mainboard who have the pcie-port an bug, every if goes into Energy-mode gives

an blue screen and Win reboots.. therefor i mus buy an new Board.. ( i think an äquivalent one ) and therefore

i mus change the mainboard .. now i have diffrent Bios, like i think.. and there for an comparison for

see with the eyes if it is the same Bios information and by side maybe an red or green light ;)

For have an Programm, who can does this , Backup, the OEM Certificate, check the Certificate and restore the

Certificate.. this mus be impossible like i think.. So have the User an Possible for easy reinstall and

re-registering his own Windows 7 .. in diffrent versions.. i have Pro, some other have Server or other..

so it is maybe as Certificate Manager for different Factory's also more easier for managing this OEM-Certificates

maybe per Folders with names and an info.nfo -Asciifile inside in this folders for description about this folder ..

i have an regested Win7 x86_64 and i586(?i686?) Professtinal, once for my Notebook and once for my

Workstation and whant be nice, if i have an OEM-Certication Managing Program who work maybe

with subfolders who be inside the Re-Register information it is/be ..

This lil program want maybe the work much easier, as ever create by self some  "oemcert.xrm-ms" from

the installed System and an batchfile for re-registering ..

Therefor maybe an "OEM-Certification Managing Program" for backup and re-registering

the owners and OEM-Managers Systems :)

Misty, it is this maybe not a good suggestion ?

An program, who backup and restore the OEM-Certificate + Serial (from the user/Manager)?

and directly with languagefiles in /lang/uk.lng /lang/de.lng /lang/us.lng e.t.c.

for have an possible for translate it directly as User from this program and sent it to you :)

reasons: for crypting the Serialnumbers in the backup and have all clean ans secure for the owner..

maby move it into an container instead of a directory .. computermainboard-profx64-ownerblackcrack.container

and so it is the fully informations and serial numbers secure, the program can decrypt the container,

read the informations about and back the Win .. The Program can create an own key for put

it in the the own program code(add it) and create it only once for run in livetime with this copy

of the program, so it is any program unice and have his unic containers ..and therewith cant change

the containers with an other copy of this program .. therewith it is secure and can't give the

single container further ..

only the whole program/folder/container  and this want nobody make, get his own key,

only persons who have anyway his possibility's to registering the .... windows-copy's

and like i know.. from anywere.. ;) it is give anytime other way's for registering an windows.. so,

why not make an good possible for backup his own reg and restore it .. Directly as secure Program.

this can store on an usb-stick or an usb-harddisk :)  The owner mus make secure .. like his partitions-backup or something with the informations in the backup'ed system and what ever.. so why not also an Program who does this all in one way ..

1. backup ing ..and  2. Re- registering/Certificate (and as portable for moving or let run in an USB-Stick or Harddisk)

best regards

Blacky

#17 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:48 AM

@Anderson

WHICH batch file did you run?

DO NOT use *any* batch, but rather do the test on command line and post the EXACT command you give and the EXACT message (if any) you get back at each command.

WHAT was the EXACT error message you got?

WHAT EXACT "edition" is the "OEM version"?

WHAT EXACT "edition" is the "Retail version"?

WHICH make/model are the 500 PC's?

Wonko

#18 dog

dog

Frequent Member

• Expert
  • 236 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:02 AM

If the retail media is suspect, you could try googling for the digitalriver iso downloads, although the eula probably frowns on this kind of thing.

Which may or may not be a problem, depending on local laws.

#19 Blackcrack

Blackcrack

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 458 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

huhh woohh wonko, buddy, you today very hot *bg*

:loleverybody:

:chair:

maybe did he use "command.bat" or "command.cmd"  :suda:

maybe should you not so many cry, more :stretcher: him *lol*

best regards

Blacky

#20 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:31 PM

Blackcrack, not everyone is here to post senseless blabbering, someone :smiling9: is trying to actually help other users having an issue, and more often than not this requires EXACT info.

There are 2 (TWO) batches posted on this thread, one by misty and one by sasaa, it is perfectly legitimate to ask Anderson WHICH one he tried running, since that info was not specified, and as well the request for further info is perfectly logical, according to common sense and Standard Litany:

http://homepage.ntlw...ard-litany.html

As a side note, since your attempts to communicate in the English language tend to result into something very similar to Vogon's Poetry :w00t: :ph34r::

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Vogon#Poetry

you could post your bright ideas about what someone else should do on the German sub-forum, where I am sure people may understand what you write.

Seriously, it is very difficult (if not impossible at all) to understand your posts, they do seem a mish-mash of German, English and L33tsp34k/lolspeak, like if you were using an online translator adding some bits of internet slang here and there. :dubbio:

If this is the case, try using shorter sentences, it may help..

Wonko

#21 Blackcrack

Blackcrack

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 458 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:37 PM

senseless blabbering, If I suggest a program ? huhh... thank you ! :\

or if i meant it friendly ... and make small jokes ?

if you something not understand, then ask, or ignore..

#22 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:54 PM

senseless blabbering, If I suggest a program ? huhh... thank you ! :\

or if i meant it friendly ... and make small jokes ?

if you something not understand, then ask, or ignore..

You are not suggesting a program, you are suggesting (seemingly) that someone else puts into practice your ideas by writing a new program or tool (and this is a common trend in some of your posts, the other being some LOLz).

The actual issue, besides  the generic whining attitude :ph34r:, is that the way you explain your ideas is not understandable, thus even if some member may find the time and will to do what you lament as missing, it is improbable that he/she will be able to understand what you mean.

What you posted, not only here, does sound like senseless blabbering, another example:

http://reboot.pro/to...or-my-win7-cds/

as it does not respect English orthography nor grammar/syntax, and more often than not is not understandable (to me at least), it may well contain very valid ideas and insights :), only they are lost in the prose.

The suggestion to try writing simpler sentences, with subject, verb, object (and to double check for typos and residual German in your posts), is to allow your posts (and consequently your ideas and opinions)  to be more easily understandable, English is mainly a SVO language:

http://en.wikipedia....ect–verb–object

whilst German is mainly a SOV one.

Let's take the first sentence of your previous post (which is actually somehow understandable, at least in it's general sense):

Can anyone not maby create an Apllicaton for Backup and reinstall/Recerticating this win7 with diffrent information about the Backuped Reg and the System actually for comparison, if it is the right mashin..

It contains 33 words, of which 5 contain typos/errors and 1 which is not understandable, besides 1 ambiguous abbreviation:

maby=maybe

Apllicaton=application

Recerticating=activating or re-certifying?

diffrent=different

Backuped=backed up

mashin=??? (possibly machine?)

Reg= Registry or registration?

Second sentence:

i have at moment an Mainboard who have the pcie-port an bug, every if goes into Energy-mode gives an blue screen and Win reboots.. therefor i mus buy an new Board.. ( i think an äquivalent one ) and therefore i mus change the mainboard .. now i have diffrent Bios, like i think.. and there for an comparison for see with the eyes if it is the same Bios information and by side maybe an red or green light

contains more typos and syntax errors that I can count, some evidently missing words, a repetition and is overall very complex to follow.

Let's see - just as an example - the kind of corrections/guesses/translation someone reading your post will need to make:

i I have at the moment an a Mainboard who which have has the a pcie-port  an bug on its PCI-E port (or PCI port or what?)

every time if it goes into Energy-saving mode it gives an a blue screen and Win reboots.. 

therefore i I mus must buy an a new Board.. ( i I think an äquivalent equivalent one ) 

and therefore i I mus must change the mainboard 

now i the new motherboard may have diffrent a different Bios, like i I think..

and there is the need for an a comparison for to see with the eyes check visually if it is the same Bios information and side by side maybe an red or green light

The idea is not that everyone should be William Shakespeare, but you must be aware that reading what you post is extremely difficult, with a great risk of not understanding what you mean, thus creating misunderstandings or more simply being ignored.

The scope of my comments is a - friendly/jokingly , rest assured :) - way to let you know (again) about the issue.

As a side note, a "blue screen" is a STOP ERROR and the OS (unless it is set to reboot automatically, which can be disabled) will stop or "freeze" allowing to write down the EXACT Stop Error number and some normally useful for troubleshooting hex strings.

Generally speaking, these kinds of BSOD's (Blue Screen Of Death) are NOT due to hardware issues, but more likely to be connected with (kernel) drivers, so it is well possible that your motherboard has not any issue.

Wonko

#23 Blackcrack

Blackcrack

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 458 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:16 PM

humm, it is interesting, how you search and offer my fails..,
very nice.. thank you ! And sorry, for i be not so perfectly like you !

and it is very sad for misty and the others .. what you do here ..
(sorry misty :\ )

best regards
Blacky

#24 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 20 December 2014 - 08:50 PM

The above post was reported to admin as spam.

I'm not sure whether this post is spam. Maybe it is a bit "personal advertising"

The member has the same nick name as the site where the post is pointing to.

On the other hand the member does not hide his personality, and can be found at several places under the published links.

The offer is clear: To get official M$ licenses (I hope that they are official, I have no chance to check) for a price much below the M$ price.

My personal situation: Since some time it is allowed in EU to sell an operating system CD w/o a new PC, a lot of OS's are offerred from well known companies, for a price which is much less than at M$.

Some days ago I bought a "DELL win7 x64" for less then 40 €.

I'm rather sure that getting a M$ license in the mentioned URL will give a valid license. (My opinion, no guarantee!)

I suggest that odosta moves the post to "Websites".

Peter

#25 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:30 AM

Good, so "personal advertising" for Commercial sales of goods is allowed?
http://reboot.pro/to...-site-policies/

Advertising, promotion and commerce

Advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes and solicitations are unacceptable entries on our discussion forum.
You may not use the discussion forum for commercial purposes, for making a profit or for a profitable venture unless expressively approved by the site administration.

I take for granted that the site administration approved this particular promotion

So, if this is the case, and it is an "one man operation", WHY (the heck) he needed to find his own site on Google? :w00t:
And isn't it a bit peculiar that his heart was touched by his own offers? (maybe it was his purse that appreciated the low prices, but his heart? Come on...)
And that he wants to underline how these licenses worked without issues? (I mean, have you ever experienced legit licenses giving issues? :unsure:)

On the other hand, if his story is true :dubbio:, and he is a satisfied customer of the firm, why should he join reboot.pro just to tell us this positive experience?

And in any case it is not that much "personal", if it is a registered office:
http://products.odos...nformation_id=5

7. About us
Our Company name is: ODosta Inc.

Registered office and trading address is:
ODosta Store
25- 1st Floor,
Jeff Heights, Main Boulevard Gulberg
Lahore, 54840, Pakistan.

Just in case, duck test:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duck_test

If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands

Maybe you can contact Emily Dicson and ask her what she thinks of the company:

https://plus.google....264304943/posts

:duff:
Wonko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users