Windows Embedded Standard 8
Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:50 PM
Windows Embedded Standard 8 Community Technology Preview (CTP) Program is now available!
Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:51 PM
Windows Embedded Standard 8, an embedded platform for devices that are part of Intelligent Systems. Windows Embedded Standard 8 is the one trusted platform to power devices that capture intelligence throughout the corporation. Standard 8 starts with Windows 8 technologies and provides additional capabilities to create intelligent, connected devices.
Areas of investment for Windows Embedded Standard 8 include:
· Tooling enhancements to improve image development and deployment
· Updated developer tools and application frameworks
· Full customization of the user interface from start-up to shell capabilities
· Natural User Interface (NUI) technologies
· Unified Write Filters for device lockdown
· Operating System componentization
· Power management and connectivity improvements
Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:02 PM
- Max_Real Qnx likes this
Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:37 PM
Thanks for pointing to this release. Would be interesting to learn, what are the key differences with WES7...
I have not tested yet. But I think the biggest difference is that have a 64-bit version. (Standard_8_64Bit_Bootable_IBW_CTP.iso) Best regards
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users