grub4dos multiboot multipass usb boot iso

• Please log in to reply
1282 replies to this topic

#1276 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 6765 posts
  • Interests:computers, programming (masm,vb6,C,vbs), photography,TV,films,guitars
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted A week ago

P.S. The Sample_MyCSM.cfg in MPI 0.087 has these lines:

# If you using this file as MyCSM.cfg in the CUSTOM folder, use set HEADING=   so that MakePartImage will set the heading to the payload name for you
set HEADING=
#set HEADING=THIS HEADING MUST BLANK IF USED AS A CUSTOM TEMPLATE! [UUID=%UUID%]

The Sample_MyCSM_TextMode.cfg file in 0.087 has these lines

#leave set to PAYLOAD so that you can use this file in the CUSTOM folder of the MPT Tool Pack
set HEADING=%PAYLOAD%

Both examples are correct - i.e.  HEADING should be blank for first one and %PAYLOAD% for the text mode one.

P.S. You cannot use RGB colours in a text mode 16-colour menu you must use the strange  ABCD colour notation of grub4dos or two hex characters instead of 6 hex characters e.g. use 0x7F! See \_ISO\Sample_MyE2B.cfg file for details.

Edited by steve6375, A week ago.

#1277 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 6765 posts
  • Interests:computers, programming (masm,vb6,C,vbs), photography,TV,films,guitars
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Sorry, actually two lines should be 

if exist /e2b/LANG/GFX_menu_%LANG%.lst if exist /e2b/message configfile /e2b/LANG/GFX_menu_%LANG%.lst
if exist /e2b/LANG/GFX_menu_ENG.lst if exist /e2b/message configfile /e2b/LANG/GFX_menu_ENG.lst

#1278 n1v3k

n1v3k
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Computers, music, programming (newbie), gaming, hardware, ghetto mods
  •  
    Venezuela

Posted A week ago

Sorry, actually two lines should be 

if exist /e2b/LANG/GFX_menu_%LANG%.lst if exist /e2b/message configfile /e2b/LANG/GFX_menu_%LANG%.lst
if exist /e2b/LANG/GFX_menu_ENG.lst if exist /e2b/message configfile /e2b/LANG/GFX_menu_ENG.lst

This fixed it up! Thank you Steve, now I should edit each menu.lst of my payloads and the menu.lst from the MPI folder. luckily they are not many payloads, cheers.

Edited by n1v3k, A week ago.

#1279 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 6765 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted A week ago

You will find it easier to just delete /e2b/LANG/GFX_menu_ENG.lst from your existing .imgPTN files rather than edit each menu.

MPI v0.088 is now available - http://rmprepusb.blo...-available.html

#1280 n1v3k

n1v3k
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Computers, music, programming (newbie), gaming, hardware, ghetto mods
  •  
    Venezuela

Posted A week ago

You will find it easier to just delete /e2b/LANG/GFX_menu_ENG.lst from your existing .imgPTN files rather than edit each menu.

MPI v0.088 is now available - http://rmprepusb.blo...-available.html

All right, if I delete that file and then I change to a MyCSM.cfg GFX based, what would happen? Im downloading the new MPI. Thank you.

#1281 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 6765 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted A week ago

I assume you are not going to be using a GFX  message menu because they don't work in text mode and I thought you wanted a text mode menu?

#1282 n1v3k

n1v3k
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
    Venezuela

Posted A week ago

I assume you are not going to be using a GFX  message menu because they don't work in text mode and I thought you wanted a text mode menu?

You assumed right, just wanted to know if in the future i change to GFX then I will know how to revert the changes, I use textmode cuz loads faster than GFX.

#1283 БлагоЯр

БлагоЯр
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
    Ukraine

Posted A day ago

Do you get same result if you boot from the .imgPTN file (and NOT via E2B menu) - i.e. switch to .imgPTN, boot to USB drive.

Are you using correct version of grub4d

The code above is the one that I edited in Editor (that is, the one that is in the "MPI Tool Pack Plus CloverLite \ CUSTOM \ MyCSM.cfg" folder). As I understand it, the Editor also corrupted the code of the file, because it does not quite support the file from the "MPI Tool Pack".
In the main menu, I am fine.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: grub4dos, multiboot, multipass, usb boot, iso

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users