grub4dos multiboot multipass usb boot iso

• Please log in to reply
1203 replies to this topic

#1201 Wonko the Insane

Wonko the Insane

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 502 posts
  • Interests:Oh, so you hate me too? Well, join the club! There are weekly meetings at the corner of Fuck You St. and Kiss My Ass Blvd.

Posted 2 weeks ago

Thanks, I see the question is answered on your E2B website. I'll get around to converting the ISO soon. I find that imgPTNs are usually more useful because they can boot in either legacy or UEFI, ISOs appear to work only in legacy mode.

I have another quick question: Is it possible to run E2B from within a NTFS GPT partition on an internal drive? I would find it very useful to be able to place my most used booting mediums there so I don't have to constantly use a USB flash drive. I would use this as a sort of onboard recovery partition of sorts.

Thanks!

#1202 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 6541 posts
  • Interests:computers, programming (masm,vb6,C,vbs), photography,TV,films,guitars
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

I don't recommend running E2B from an internal drive.

It needs ptn #3 and #4 free.

Also, it expects an MBR partition table and an MBR drive.

So, no....

#1203 Wonko the Insane

Wonko the Insane

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 502 posts
  • Interests:Oh, so you hate me too? Well, join the club! There are weekly meetings at the corner of Fuck You St. and Kiss My Ass Blvd.

Posted 2 weeks ago

Thanks for the info. That is really the only major limitation I can find with E2B, since it relies on Grub4DOS, which in turn seems to currently only work in legacy mode. I mean, you can switch to an imgPTN, which will then be presented to the firmware as a valid FAT32 booting medium for UEFI. And I know that you can boot in UEFI mode on a flash drive that has either a MBR or GPT partition table. But for booting recovery tools located on a NTFS GPT partition.....no idea. Can you suggest any other alternatives to accomplish what I am seeking?

#1204 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 6541 posts
  • Interests:computers, programming (masm,vb6,C,vbs), photography,TV,films,guitars
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted A day ago

With v1.93a Beta I have now included support for the offline installation of Chocolatey packages.

This means that the SDI_CHOCO process can now be completely offline and you can install drivers using Snappy Driver Installer, Windows updates using wsusoffline installer and apps using Chocolatey ready-made packages completely unattended and from an unmodified Windows Install ISO file.

http://rmprepusb.blo...ne-package.html

Please let me know if you try it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: grub4dos, multiboot, multipass, usb boot, iso

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users