1338 replies to this topic

#451 jeruss

jeruss
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:57 AM

Are you sure D: isn't the USB flash drive?
What if you run diskpart and type rescan?

C: drive is the 100Mb Bitlocker partition. D: drive is the 500Gb Windows partition. When I remove Bitlocker manually and try again, these remain the same and the USB drive appears as F: drive.

@jeruss: In Diskpart, did you try 'List Disk' ?

Yes. It only shows the internal 500Gb hard drive (Disk 0). 

#452 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7075 posts
  • Interests:computers, programming (masm,vb6,C,vbs), photography,TV,films,guitars, www.easy2boot.com
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:07 AM

In case anyone is not following my blog, E2B v1.17 now recognises the .isoDOS file extension.

This file extension should be used to boot ISO files that use the El Torito DOS floppy emulation mode to boot.

From wiki: 'According to the El Torito specification, a 32-bit CPU PC BIOS will search for boot code on an ISO 9660 CD-ROM. The standard allows for booting in two different modes. Either the boot information can be accessed directly from the CD media, or in floppy emulation mode where the boot information is stored in an image file of a floppy disk, which is loaded from the CD and then behaves as a virtual floppy disk. This is useful for computers built before about 1999, which were designed to boot only from floppy drive. For modern computers the "no emulation" mode is generally the more reliable method.'

You can read my blog for more details here. The contents of the CD (all folders and files) will be copied to the virtual B: drive.

The code used by E2B is shown below (%1 is the path and filename of the ISO)

# copies the contents of the ISO to a virtual floppy disk
# If the ISO is a DOS iso and tries to load a CDROM driver, it will fail - but the CD contents will be on drive B: ready to use
# if not running from a CD then map the ISO to a partition in case linux is also present
if not exist CD partnew (hd0,3) 0x0 %1 || echo -e %emsg% && pause --wait=3 > nul
# map the ISO as a CD (0xff)
map %1 (0xff) || map --mem %1 (0xff)
map --hook
# get the size of the ISO file
cat --length=0 %1 ;; set /a LEN=*0x8290 ;; echo Length of %1 is %LEN% bytes
set /a LEN=%LEN%/512
# Allow for PBR sectors etc. - must be FAT16 so over approx. 0x20000  (40MB)
set /a LEN=%LEN%+0x1000
if %LEN%<=0x20000 set /a LEN=0x20000+0
pause --wait=2 Drive B: Length=%LEN% sectors
# call the copy batch file - first parameter is either (fd0) or (fd1) - next parameter is size of virtual drive (0x100000=512MiB)
call (bd)/%grub%/copyff.g4b (fd0) %LEN%
pause --wait=3 PLEASE NOTE: Contents of CD are now on drive B:
# set number of floppies seen by BIOS - must be 2 if using (fd1) instead of (fd0)
map --floppies=2
root (0xff)
chainloader (0xff)

You can look at the code in the copyff.g4b batch file by downloading the E2B v1.17 or later zip file from my site (see my tagline below).

The size of the virtual floppy made by copyff.g4b must be about 40MB or larger, otherwise the fat mkfs command makes a FAT12 virtual floppy which does not seem to be accessible (if you need a smaller FAT12 virtual floppy, it can be done - see the dpms2.g4b batch script in E2B for how to make a 2.88MB virtual floppy in memory).

#453 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7075 posts
  • Interests:computers, programming (masm,vb6,C,vbs), photography,TV,films,guitars, www.easy2boot.com
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:22 AM

C: drive is the 100Mb Bitlocker partition. D: drive is the 500Gb Windows partition. When I remove Bitlocker manually and try again, these remain the same and the USB drive appears as F: drive.

Yes. It only shows the internal 500Gb hard drive (Disk 0). 

100Mb seems very small for the Bitlocker System partition (S:) ??

So once booted to the WinPE prompt, what happens if you remove the USB drive and re-insert it?

What happens if you insert a different USB drive?

Is it the contents of the USB drive it doesn't like or one particular USB drive?

What if you insert a USB hard disk or USB CD?

Does the same thing happen if you boot to WinPE (not Setup) from a USB drive?

There is a lot of info here but I don't see anything of USB drives not being detected under WinPE.

It's all very odd...

#454 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 15060 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:31 AM

From wiki: 'According to the El Torito specification, a 32-bit CPU PC BIOS will search for boot code on an ISO 9660 CD-ROM. The standard allows for booting in two different modes. Either the boot information can be accessed directly from the CD media, or in floppy emulation mode where the boot information is stored in an image file of a floppy disk, which is loaded from the CD and then behaves as a virtual floppy disk. This is useful for computers built before about 1999, which were designed to boot only from floppy drive. For modern computers the "no emulation" mode is generally the more reliable method.'

Which wiki?

What about the "third mode" (Hard disk emulation)?<- this seems like a forgotten possibility in the "wiki" :w00t:

Such an .iso should be possible to be  "mapped" directly to hd-like device through grub4dos, without needing a particular batch/set of commands (of course if it is DOS based).

We have an example of a non-DOS based hard disk emulation CD/DVD here:

http://reboot.pro/to...project-etboot/

which may be an interesting thing to experiment with (in order to further enhance the nice Easy2Boot capabilities :)) though it is a quite rare case. :unsure:

:cheers:

Wonko

#455 Boo Tim

Boo Tim

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:58 PM

Hello. This is great but here are the problems.

Using Easy2Boot_v1.17 on 64 GB USB drive formatted as exFat I get:

1. A lot of error messages "Warning! FAT cluster size(=131072) larger than 32K!" although this is standard exFat size for large USB disks. Is it in Grub4Dos or Easy2Boot?

2. Slax (tried with extracted) and WifiSlax (tried with ISO) support FAT32 only and don't run from exFat. Can this be changed by adding exfat modules? Also, Reactos doesn't run from exFat.

3. Windows 7 All-In-One ISO with a size of 6+ GB can't be run because it says "Error 60: File from drive emulation must be in one contiguous disk area" although WinContig confirms all the files on USB are contiguous. Why? Smaller Windows 7 4 GB ISO boots fine.

4. Windows 8.1 (tried with x64 nad x86) cannot be run because it says "Your own .XML files should.." and then "cannot find the batch label specified - cpa". Is it some script error?

I chose exfat because of this large Windows 7 file of 6+ GB.

Edited by Boo Tim, 29 November 2013 - 09:03 PM.

#456 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7075 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:35 PM

Simple answer...Use NTFS

1. This is a grub4dos problem, I have seen it before but it didn't seem to stop things from working.

2. If the ISO files are contiguous it should work (from an ISO) as the partnew command will make a CDFS partition and any linux can read CDFS.

3. Try running the blocklist /_ISO/Win7/xxx.iso  command from the grub4dos command line - what do you get?

4. Not sure about this one....

ReactOS is one ISO that won't work from an ISO file (see list in Tutorial 72a). WiFiSlax is also one that needs files to be extracted to the USB drive (Tut 66).

If they don't support exfat then you must either use NTFS (if supported by the linux OS's) or make a 2nd FAT32 partition and place the files on that partition.

#457 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7075 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:29 PM

wifislax-4-7-2-final.iso  boots fine on an NTFS E2B USB Flash drive AFAICT - I get Home - Konsole - Trash - FireFox - Wireless Keys desktop icons.

#458 Boo Tim

Boo Tim

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:35 PM

Thank you. At the end, I converted to FAT32 (and I use 2 different Win7 ISOs for x86 and x64).

I'm sorry I couldn't test that Win7 error. Also, I still managed to run wifislax from exfat by using isoask (can' remember which option). I couldn't run ERD with the mnu provided on exfat (it works on fat32) but it worked by using .iso01 or .isowin.

I can run Win8.1. now on FAT32 (just tried, didn't complete the installation). It's only Reactos which doesn't (I have it in the menu but I just get blank screen and cursor blinking). I tried with 3.15 and some recent development Live ISO (livecd-61111-rel in my case). I copied 3 folders and freeldr.ini to the root of USB.

I have something which is not important, but I'm curious. Why do you include an old version of FreeDos? There is some image at http://derek.chezmarcotte.ca/?p=340. How can it be run? I don't really understand why there is no proper 1.1 bootable CD on freedos.org.

Edited by Boo Tim, 02 December 2013 - 07:37 PM.

#459 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7075 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:11 PM

ReactOS seems to look for a physical CD drive and so doesn't seem to boot well from any other medium.

I will update the FreeDos ima.gz file on the next release, thanks!

#460 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7075 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:01 PM

You can add a clonezilla ISO to E2B (and a .mnu file) and be able to backup or restore an internal hard disk to a large external USB hard disk.

See Tutorial 118 for details.

#461 ABuNeNe

ABuNeNe
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:26 PM

I have a USB3.0 1TB 2.5" external drive which I using mainly for data storage. I found out about Easy2Boot and wish it on my external drive to boot multiple ISO.

1. Do I need to format my current external drive in order to use it?
  2. I understand Easy2Boot have it own directory structure, any advise which location can I store my data files (videos, mp3, documents, ...)?

Please advise.

#462 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7075 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:35 PM

It depends how the drive is formatted - if NTFS then it should be OK. If exFAT then it will work for most things but not all.

Use RMPrepUSB - Install grub4dos button to install grub4dos and test it using the QEMU button and see if it works.

Install grub4dos to PBR.

E2B uses the \_ISO folder. You can put your own files anywhere but avoid the \_ISO folder.

#463 ABuNeNe

ABuNeNe
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:29 AM

It depends how the drive is formatted - if NTFS then it should be OK. If exFAT then it will work for most things but not all.

Use RMPrepUSB - Install grub4dos button to install grub4dos and test it using the QEMU button and see if it works.

Install grub4dos to PBR.

E2B uses the \_ISO folder. You can put your own files anywhere but avoid the \_ISO folder.

Thanks steve6375 for your prompt reply.

I did what you've mentioned and is able to boot multiple ISOs with my external hard disk now. I've added WinXp, Win7 and UBCD ISOs and I foresee will be adding more and more ISO files in the future and will not be using my USB thumb drives and CD/DVD discs anymore.

Moving forward do you have any idea will Easy2Boot support compressed ISO such as zip or 7z as it'll save space in the long run?

Edited by ABuNeNe, 11 December 2013 - 06:30 AM.

#464 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7075 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:26 AM

Compressed ISOs don't work well. If an ISO is compressed then it has to be decompressed and loaded into memory. This takes time if the ISo is very large. Also, most of the files on an ISO are already compressed and zipping them doesn't save all that much. Lastly, the partnew technique used by E2B needs to map a file to a partition - this can only be done using a raw ISO and not a zip file.

#465 ABuNeNe

ABuNeNe
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:42 PM

Compressed ISOs don't work well. If an ISO is compressed then it has to be decompressed and loaded into memory. This takes time if the ISo is very large. Also, most of the files on an ISO are already compressed and zipping them doesn't save all that much. Lastly, the partnew technique used by E2B needs to map a file to a partition - this can only be done using a raw ISO and not a zip file.

Thanks for your kind explanation.

I tried selecting WinXP SP3 ISO on my old Pentium 4 2.8Ghz with 1GB memory machine. It actually take a quite some time at the point of "Load XP ISO into the memory (recommend)". Is there anyway to optimize this?

Edited by ABuNeNe, 11 December 2013 - 03:41 PM.

#466 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7075 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:09 PM

maybe get  a faster USB drive?

#467 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7075 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:48 PM

v1.19 now available with bugs fixes and better support for a different language.

News: The German Com! magazine may be featuring E2B next year...

#468 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7075 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:20 AM

I recently had some problems trying to add the Avast AV Rescue ISO to E2B and even making a bootable USB drive using the standard Avast USB creation utility was tricky! See my blog post to read all about it and also for instructions on how to add the ISO to a standard grub4dos bootable USB drive.

#469 fms

fms

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 141 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:34 PM

Hello,

Wanted to thank steve6375 for this versatile proggy.

Following the tutorials I have been able to make Win 7 SP1 32, Win 7 SP1 64, Win 8.1 32, Win 8.1 64, XP Pro Sp3, acronis and backtrack 5 R3 all boot from same USB pendrive Had to copy winpeshl.ini & mysetup.cmd into the iso files to get all the above isoes to work. In Win8.1 64 had to slightly modify the content of the mysetup.cmd which I injected into the ISO. Had to change the text from install.wim to install.esd inside the mysetup.cmd file and than injected it into Win 8.1 64.iso and now they are all working fine Thanks once again.

But I have been struggling with Win XP Pro 64 bit iso file. If someone could point me in the right direction as to how to get WIn XP Pro 64 bit ISO to work alongwith the above ISOes. I tried using Tutorial 30 , but that one works for XP Pro SP3, not working for XP Pro 64 bit.

Don't know if this is important but I have a Sony Vaio VPCF136FMB. laptop.

Thanks in advance.

#470 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7075 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:28 AM

Which 'proggy' are you talking about - RMPrepUSB or Easy2Boot (Easy2Boot is the title of this thread)?

There is no need to modify the ISOs if using Easy2Boot.

XP Pro 64-bit is not supported using DPMS2 in Easy2Boot. You could try using the XP tutorial 30 and pressing F6 and choosing the 64-bit drivers, but it won't work if the notebook requires AHCI/SATA drivers. The alternative is to use nLite to add the correct AHCI driver to the ISO.

#471 fms

fms

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 141 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 December 2013 - 10:55 AM

Hi steve6375,

Thank you for the valuable advice :clap: . I have finally been able to get the Win XP Professional SP2 64 bit iso working from Easy2boot USB pendrive after struggling with it for many days. All Win732x64, Win8,8.132x64, Vista,Backtrack5, Acronis 2014,WinXP Pro SP3 32bit had worked perfectly except Win XP Pro SP2 64 bit , till today.

Before using the nlite program I had not been able to get Win XP Pro 64bit to even start up.

I followed your advice and used nlite to slipstream Service pack 2 and also to integrate Intel 5 series 6 port controller drivers into my Windows XP Professional SP1 64bit iso. I than used Easy2boot v 1.16 along with DPMS.

Then I booted from pendrive and chose Install XP - Step 1 first option. Next I chose option 2 (I think it is). Drivers + Firadisk + WinVblock. I finally tried all the options ie. 1, 2, 3.  What was happening was that now with this new nlited xp pro , I was able to get XP to start loading the setup files. As soon as XP started I even pressed F6 (one time I tried pressing F6 and once without pressing F6). After trying all kinds of combinations. After loading some of the setup files it used to give a kind of an error saying that iastor.sys file is not compatible and some other such message.

So I removed the DPMS \ D folder contents (emptied the DPMS\D folder).

I than tried again with the same nlited xp pro sp2 64 bit iso and again chose Install XP - Step 1. Only this time there was no option to choose Firadisk + WinVblock. I just had to choose load iso to memory, so I said "Y". And Win setup files started to load. Pressed F6 and was provided with the option to choose Firadisk64 only. So I chose that and after that the setup went smoothly without any errors.

So to summarize the full test, before using nlite I had not been able to start the XP setup to start at all. After nlite I was getting an errors because of DPMS drivers. Only after deleting the DPMS folder was I able to get Win XP Professional SP2 64 bit working perfectly without any hiccups.

When I used Win XP Pro SP3 32 bit alongwith DPMS folder it went smooth without any problems

I would like to know your kind advice. Is the DPMS drivers folder only for Win XP, or is it used for some other ISO loading also. Was wondering if there was a way to keep the DPMS folder but somehow bypass it totally when installing XP Pro 64 bit and only using it when installing XP Pro 32 bit version. (I apologise if I asked a not so intelligent question, but I am just curious if it is possible to do this).?

Also is it possible to use this option

title INSTALL WINDOWS FROM ANY ISO - Boot from any Windows ISO to install Windows\nThis menu allows you to type in the name of any Windows ISO file and boot from it
# find the ISO folder by looking for a marker file
debug off
find --set-root /ISO/choose_an_iso
clear
echo
# list all files in the /ISO folder so the user can see them
ls ()/ISO/
echo
# Ask user which iso they want (name is converted to uppercase as /u is specified)
set /p /u ask=Enter iso filename WITH NO .ISO EXTENSION (e.g. Win7Pro32 ) :  
if "%ask%"=="" echo No iso file specified! && configfile /menu.lst
clear
# check if user entered a valid filename with no ISO extension!
ls /ISO/%ask%.iso || echo Cannot find /ISO/%ask%.iso !!! && pause --wait=3 && configfile (bd)/menu.lst
echo Loading /ISO/%ask%.iso - please wait ...
#set root drive to USB stick
find --set-root /_ISO/e2b/firadisk/loadiso.cmd
map --mem (md)0x800+4 (99)
dd if=()/_ISO/e2b/firadisk/au.xml of=()/AutoUnattend.xml
dd if=()/_ISO/e2b/firadisk/spaces.txt of=()/_ISO/e2b/firadisk/ISONAME.CMD
write ()/_ISO/e2b/firadisk/ISONAME.CMD SET MYISO=\\iso\\%ask%.iso\r\n
find --set-root /ISO/%ask%.iso
# run the grub4dos map command and specify the iso file we want to load
map /ISO/%ask%.iso (0xff)
map (hd0) (hd1)
map (hd1) (hd0)
map --hook
# Specify the same iso file for when firadisk runs in winpe
write (99) [FiraDisk]\nStartOptions=cdrom,vmem=find:/ISO/%ask%.iso;\n\0
chainloader (0xff)/BOOTMGR || chainloader (0xff)
clear

As I have a 32gb E2B pendrive (FAT32)  which is full and I was hoping I could keep some extra iso files on a ordinary (non bootable) 8gb pendrive inside a folder called ISO and add the file choose_an_iso to this folder and put all the remaining ISO files inside this ISO folder. And boot from the 32gb E2B pendrive and than access the 8GB nonbootable pendrive and goto the ISO folder inside this 8gb pendrive and than proceed with the installations

I actually did add the above code to MenuWinInstall.lst file which is in the grub folder and I made a ISO folder in my C drive (ntfs)(primary partition of my laptop HDD). I put the ISO files inside the ISO folder and added the marker file choose_an_iso. I was able to choose the ISO files from this C drive ISO folder, but as soon as I gave the command to load it will give me an error

dd if=()/_ISO/e2b/firadisk/spaces.txt of=()/_ISO/e2b/firadisk/ISONAME.CMD

Cannot find the file

So basically I am able to see the iso files inside the ISO folder in the C drive of my laptop HDD, but as soon as I try to load the ISO it gives the above error. Not sure which file it is not able to find.

Thanks once again for your advice,

:cheers:

#472 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7075 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:31 PM

Please unzip the attached file and replace the one in \_ISO\e2b\grub\ENG with it.

If the ISO file has '64' in the name of the ISO then it will now not use DPMS2 even if DPMS2 is present.

The DPMS folder contains 32-bit XP drivers only. DPMS2 is not written for XP 64-bit drivers and it is not supported. DPMS2 specifically ignores any 64-bit drivers that happen to be included with the 32-bit XP mass storage drivers. So to install 64-bit XP you need to use nLite if SCSI/AHCI and you need to use F6 manually.

Very few people need XP 64-bit so it is not supported.

To make the Choose_an_ISO work, you need the spaces.txt file which was removed from recent versions of E2B.

You can create it (just fill a file with spaces of a size of a few K) or get it from an older version.

Note this menu is for Win Vista/7/8 ISOs not XP ISOs and it assumes E2B is on a removable USB drive (not a USB HDD/Fixed disk)

Attached Files

#473 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7075 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:58 PM

title INSTALL WINDOWS VISTA/7/8 FROM AN ISO\n You can choose an ISO from the same folder that contains\n the file \\ISO\\choose_an_iso
# find the ISO folder by looking for a marker file
debug off
# fill (rd) with 0's , 0x82d0 is rd-base mem address, Fn24 is memset - fill memory  <addr> <string> <size>
map (md)0x300+200 (rd) > nul ;; read 0x82d0  > nul ;; call Fn.24  %@retval% 0x20  102400  > nul 
find --set-root /ISO/choose_an_iso
clear
echo
# list all files in the /ISO folder so the user can see them
ls ()/ISO/
echo
echo
# Ask user which iso they want (name is converted to uppercase as /u is specified)
set /p /u ask=Enter iso filename WITH NO .ISO EXTENSION (e.g. Win7Pro32 ) : 
if "%ask%"=="" echo No iso file specified! && configfile /menu.lst
clear
# check if user entered a valid filename with no ISO extension!
ls /ISO/%ask%.iso || echo Cannot find /ISO/%ask%.iso !!! && pause --wait=3 && configfile (bd)/menu.lst
echo Loading /ISO/%ask%.iso - please wait ...
#set root drive to USB stick
map --mem (md)0x800+4 (99)
dd if=()/_ISO/e2b/firadisk/au.xml of=()/AutoUnattend.xml
dd if=(rd)+1 of=()/_ISO/e2b/firadisk/ISONAME.CMD
write ()/_ISO/e2b/firadisk/ISONAME.CMD SET MYISO=\\iso\\%ask%.iso\r\n
find --set-root /ISO/%ask%.iso
# run the grub4dos map command and specify the iso file we want to load
map /ISO/%ask%.iso (0xff)
map (hd0) (hd1)
map (hd1) (hd0)
map --hook
# Specify the same iso file for when firadisk runs in winpe
write (99) [FiraDisk]\nStartOptions=cdrom,vmem=find:/ISO/%ask%.iso;\n\0
chainloader (0xff)/BOOTMGR || chainloader (0xff)
clear

You can try this menu which does not require the spaces.txt file.

#474 fms

fms

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 141 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:18 PM

Thanks for your quick reply. Will try what you have suggested and get back to you. :good:

#475 fms

fms

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 141 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:22 AM

Thank you for the XPStep1.zip file. I replaced it and as you had said, now I am able to keep the DPMS drivers folder and load both Win XP Pro SP2 64 bit and subsequently Win XP Pro SP3 32 bit smoothly without any issues.

INSTALL WINDOWS VISTA/7/8 FROM AN ISO:-

Added the spaces.txt file and used the code and it worked fine. Also tried the code which you provided above where there is no space.txt file and that too worked fine.

What I was hoping to achieve is this:

I have a 32gb bootable E2B pendrive which is already full without any more space remaining. I too have a spare 8gb pendrive. Was wondering if I could put the extra ISO files inside a ISO folder and put this ISO folder onto the 8gb pendrive and add the choose_an_iso marker.

When I tried this by putting some ISO files and the choose_an_iso marker file into an ISO folder and transferred it to the 8gb pendrive, and after booting from my 32gb E2B (FAT32) pendrive, I am not able to detect the 8gb pendrive. Even if I follow this same procedure by putting the ISO files to a external Hardisk (ntfs), it doesn't detect the ISO files. Only when I put the ISO files and the choose_an_iso marker in a ISO folder on C drive (ntfs) (ie. my primary partition of my Laptop internal hardisk), there the ISO files are detected.

So only from my primary partition(C drive) on my internal Laptop hardisk the ISO files are detected. Not from the spare nonbootable 8gb pendrive and neither from the nonbootable external hardisk.

Do I have to do anything differently so that I can get the INSTALL WINDOWS VISTA/7/8 FROM AN ISO code to detect the 8gb pendrive with the ISO files?

.I was hoping to fillup this nonbootable 8gb pendrive with the ISO files as my 32 gb is already full. :cheers:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: grub4dos, multiboot, multipass, usb boot, iso

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users