Firadisk CMD Question

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#26 laddanator

laddanator

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:Writing code and getting stuff to work when no one else can! Wrote a Windows Vista, 7, and 8 legal activation tool in VBscript and compiled it to exe. First project of this undertaking. Working on an AIO legal activation tool that includes XP.
  •  
    United States

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:45 PM

chainloader +1 || chainloader || chainloader /ntldr

Not sure how the extra chainloader got there...below is the one I use and it works as in it will boot a Windows 7 or Vista loaded HD or XP loaded HD

timeout 15

color white/blue

write 0x8274 0x2001

title Boot From Hard Drive (Windows Vista/7 or Xp)nBoot Into Main OS Drive

checkrange 0x80 read 0x8280 && map () (hd1)

checkrange 0x80 read 0x8280 && map (hd1) ()

checkrange 0x80 read 0x8280 && map --hook

rootnoverify (hd0,0)

chainloader +1 || chainloader /ntldr

These makes NO sense to me
chainloader /ntldr
chainloader (hd0)+1

I didn't make this. I borrowed this command from the link I posted up some. I hear what your saying but it works as like I said before, my grandpa always said if it ain't broke, don't fix it! :)

For an AHCI PC, how do you add the AHCI SATA drivers to the XP ISO?

Slipstream drivers with DriverPacks and check the box to enable txtsetup mode

Did you have a winnt.sif as well?

Yes....

[Data]

AutoPartition="0"

UnattendedInstall ="Yes"

AutomaticUpdates="No"

MsDosInitiated="0"

[Unattended]

UnattendMode="FullUnattended"

OEMSkipEula ="YES"

WaitForReboot="No"

UnattendSwitch="Yes"

AutoActivate="No"

OemPreinstall=Yes

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

NonDriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

[Display]

BitsPerPel=16

Xresolution=800

Yresolution=600

AutoConfirm=1

[GuiUnattended]

DetachedProgram ="CMD.EXE"

Arguments="/Q /C FOR %I IN (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO (IF EXIST %I:OEMOEMAUTO.EXE (START %I:OEMOEMAUTO.EXE) ELSE (FOR /D %J IN (%I:*) DO (IF EXIST %JOEMOEMAUTO.EXE (START %JOEMOEMAUTO.EXE))))"

AdminPassword=*

EncryptedAdminPassword="NO"

OEMSkipRegional=1

TimeZone=35

OemSkipWelcome=1

AutoLogon="Yes"

[UserData]

ProductKey=

FullName="Owner"

OrgName="Home"

ComputerName=*

[TapiLocation]

CountryCode=1

AreaCode=434

Dialing="Tone"

[Identification]

JoinWorkgroup="WORKGROUP"

[Networking]

InstallDefaultComponents="Yes"

I still get the 'cannot verify driver' pop-ups during stage 2 - how did you suppress this?

NonDriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

I tried using %MYISO% in the --replace line and the write line for FiraDisk but it doesn't seem to work

I can only get a ISO variable to work if I have the path complete with variable at the end...this works but will not change name in the isoimage.ini

ls %USBRoot%/XP/
set /p /u Install=Please Choose Which Version Of XP To Install...(example...Home :

write (99) [FiraDisk]nStartOptions=cdrom,vmem=find:/XP/%Install%.ISO;floppy,vmem=find:/XP/HOME.IMA;n0

Will not work if I use the %USBRoot% like this

write (99) [FiraDisk]nStartOptions=cdrom,vmem=find:%USBRoot%/XP/%Install%.ISO;floppy,vmem=find:%USBRoot%/XP/HOME.IMA;n0

#27 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7028 posts
  • Interests:computers, programming (masm,vb6,C,vbs), photography,TV,films,guitars, www.easy2boot.com
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:58 PM

write (99) [FiraDisk]nStartOptions=cdrom,vmem=find:%USBRoot%/XP/%Install%.ISO;floppy,vmem=find:%USBRoot%/XP/HOME.IMA;n0

This won't work as (hd0,0)/XP/XP_RAM.ISO is not a valid path for a FiraDisk parameter under Windows! The 'find' bit just needs a path and it will 'find' the drive it is on. (hd0,0) is not a valid Windows path anyway.

But are you saying that:
write (99) [FiraDisk]nStartOptions=cdrom,vmem=find:/XP/%Install%.ISO;floppy,vmem=find:/XP/HOME.IMA;n0

works for you - cos it doesn't seem to work for me?

#28 laddanator

laddanator

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:Writing code and getting stuff to work when no one else can! Wrote a Windows Vista, 7, and 8 legal activation tool in VBscript and compiled it to exe. First project of this undertaking. Working on an AIO legal activation tool that includes XP.
  •  
    United States

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:59 PM

I have a separate ISO for Home, Pro, MCE so I have separate IMA files with the ISO name listed in the isoimage.ini so the write on the fly thing is not that big of issue but I think it would be a good Idea to use if you don't want the clutter on the USB drive. My layout

/XP/
HOME.ISO
PRO.ISO
MCE.ISO

/XP/Floppy/
HOME.IMA
PRO.IMA
MCE.IMA

/XP/Install/
All of the programs we use..Firefox and so on

/XP/OEM/
DriverPack stuff used for all three ISO to share(cuts down on ISO size. Change the tagfile in the presetup.cmd to find the /XP/OEM folder)

#29 laddanator

laddanator

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 337 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:15 PM

This won't work as (hd0,0)/XP/XP_RAM.ISO is not a valid path for a FiraDisk parameter under Windows! The 'find' bit just needs a path and it will 'find' the drive it is on. (hd0,0) is not a valid Windows path anyway.

Right, but I thought I would give this a whirl (didn't figure this would work)

But are you saying that:

works for you - cos it doesn't seem to work for me?

Yes like this

iftitle [find --set-root --devices=h /laddsbootusb.tag && call set USBRoot=%@root^%] XP Home SP3 Install From ISO From %USBRoot%n							

password --md5 $1$A$hzYlFap3SLNNQ/tA7c3.S.

find --set-root --devices=h /laddsbootusb.tag

debug off

clear

ls %USBRoot%/XP/

set /p /u install=Enter XP Version WITH NO .ISO EXTENSION. (ex.HOME ) :

if "%install%"=="" echo No iso file specified! && configfile /menu.lst

clear

ls %USBRoot%/XP/ || echo Cannot find ls %USBRoot%/XP/ !!! && pause --wait=3 && configfile %USBRoot%/menu.lst

echo Loading %USBRoot%/XP/%install%.iso - please wait ...

map --mem (md)0x800+4 (99)

checkrange 0x80 read 0x8280 && map (hd0) (hd1)

checkrange 0x80 read 0x8280 && map (hd1) (hd0)

map %USBRoot%/XP/%INSTALL%.ISO (222)

map %USBRoot%/XP/%INSTALL%.IMA (fd0)

map %USBRoot%/XP/%INSTALL%.IMA (fd1)

map --harddrives=1

map --hook

write (99) [FiraDisk]nStartOptions=cdrom,vmem=find:/XP/%INSTALL%.ISO;floppy,vmem=find:/XP/Floppy/%INSTALL%.IMA;n0

rootnoverify (222)

chainloader (222)/I386/SETUPLDR.BIN

You can use the same Install variable if the IMA name matches the ISO name. That's what I have done and works fine. Loaded all the version with the above in my menu list

#30 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 14913 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:27 PM

@laddanator
You should be CAREFUL and post ONLY the EXACT, SAME files you actually used and not bits and pieces, this only adds to the confusion. :ph34r:

Maybe you can take some time to "consolidate" your experience and then post a complete, exact report of what works for you, so that steve6375 (or any other willing member) may be able to experiment with your exact settings. :unsure:

About the double chainloader line, the if ain't broken don't fix approach it is actually the opposite of experimenting. :dubbio:

:cheers:
Wonko

#31 laddanator

laddanator

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 337 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:39 PM

You should be CAREFUL and post ONLY the EXACT, SAME files you actually used and not bits and pieces, this only adds to the confusion

True...working on the Mustang I built, running in and out posting. I will do a write up when all is done with the best specific way of the method.

Maybe you can take some time to "consolidate" your experience and then post a complete, exact report of what works for you, so that steve6375 (or any other willing member) may be able to experiment with your exact settings

About the double chainloader line, the if ain't broken don't fix approach it is actually the opposite of experimenting

This is true also but from the very beginning the command worked so I didn't find it necessary to fix it. The double chainlaoder is not needed at all, we can agree on that. :)

#32 laddanator

laddanator

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 337 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:44 PM

I actually incorporate the BOOTWS folder into the mix for my new test from winsetupfromusb but I need to ask ilko_t if I can borrow the check range method from his work.

#33 laddanator

laddanator

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 337 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:20 PM

Running my final test setup now. Will post later as to a detailed conclusion and will post my final menu.lst and so on.

#34 laddanator

laddanator

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 337 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:23 PM

Ok, here we go. I started this topic because I was trying to turn a two boot to USB process to install XP from ISO into a One boot to USB if need be and through some helpful post I have managed to do so. Also didn't want to load the whole ISO to ram for small ram machines

This is what I started with in my menu.lst

iftitle [find --set-root --devices=h /laddsbootusb.tag && call set USBRoot=%@root^%] XP Home Setup Part 1 from %USBRoot%nDec 11

find --set-root  --devices=h /laddsbootusb.tag

map /XP/HOME.ISO (222)

map /XP/firadisk.img (fd0)

map /XP/firadisk.img (fd1)

map --harddrives=1

map --hook

write (99) [FiraDisk]nStartOptions=cdrom,vmem=find:/XP/HOME.ISO;floppy,vmem=find:/XP/firadisk.img;n0

rootnoverify (222)

chainloader

and you had to follow a reboot to USB for part two (didn't like this part)

iftitle [find --set-root --devices=h /laddsbootusb.tag && call set USBRoot=%@root^%] XP Home Setup Part 2 from %USBRoot%nDec 11

# map (hd1) (hd0)

# map (hd0) (hd1)

map --hook

write (99) [FiraDisk]nStartOptions=cdrom,vmem=find:/XP/HOME.ISO;n0

root (hd0,0)

chainloader /ntldr

chainloader (hd0)+

well not anymore. I needed a one boot process because of time and I wanted to eliminate confusion for my other techs without having to make sure USB was booted a second time or set all the g4d defaults to boot the second choice and so on. I looked at all links that was available to me and I put them all together to make one project.

First I want to say winsetupfromusb (Thanks ilko_t) is my favorite and the easiest in my opinion and can be found here

http://www.msfn.org/...omusb-with-gui/

I just wanted a backup option and this method I came up with using Firadisk is the second choice for me.

First I am going to use XP Home as my example but works for Pro and MCE

Second, you DO NOT have to change Paths or ISO names from the default ones in cdob, XP_INST.IMA or setup.cmd. Just setup the root of your USB and folder names and ISO names as listed on the post at MSFN from the link at number 2 below. I like to use certain ISO names and folders becasue it keeps the confussion down for me as I have three job titles at my company and things get crazy sometimes.

1. I am using a SP3 Disc with all DP and Dec updates slipstream with RyanVM update tool

2. I download the XP_INST.IMA from here (Thanks cdob) http://www.msfn.org/...aded-iso-image/ (expand.exe SETUP.EX_ setupORG.exe explained on first page and is required)

3.Changed the name of the XP_INST.IMA to HOME.IMA and mounted the IMA with imdisk http://www.ltr-data.se/opencode.html/

4.Changed the name of the path and ISO file in the ISOimage.ini and it looks like this XPISOHOME.ISO

5.Changed everything in the setup/setup.cmd to match the paths (not needed if path is set in the ISOimage.ini) but just in case

set reassign=

if not exist c: set reassign=true

if exist c:XPISOHOME.ISO set reassign=true

if exist c:XP2003*.ISO set reassign=true

if defined reassign if /I %SystemDrive%.==C:. set reassign=

and here

SET ISOfile=

set ISO_file_search=XPISOHOME.ISO

if exist ISOimage.ini for /f "eol=;" %%a in (ISOimage.ini) do if not %%a.==. set ISO_file_search=%%

and here

rem ISO file added to another ISO image

if not exist V:I386TXTSETUP.SIF if exist V:XPISOHOME.ISO (

(echo. &echo mount ISOfile V:XPISOHOME.ISO) >>presetup.log

set device_ImDisk=deviceImDisk1

imdisk.exe -a -t file -f V:XPISOHOME.ISO -o ro -m W:

echo.>>presetup.log

dir W: >> presetup.log

echo.>>presetup.log

6.Updated the Firadisk driver from here that's in the mounted IMA in a folder called firadisk http://reboot.pro/8804/

7.Updated the imdisk drivers from the mounted IMA in a folder called imdisk file http://www.ltr-data.se/opencode.html/

8.Saved the changed mounted IMA file

9.Created folders on my g4d USB Stick /XP/ISO and /XP/Floppy (using the new g4d 12-30-11) http://code.google.c.../downloads/list

10.Copied my HOME.IMA (also created PRO.IMA and MCE2005.IMA the same way) to /XP/Floppy and my XP ISO to /XP/ISO

11. Created a new folder in my BOOTWS folder (winsetupfromusb to check HD number) called FULLISO and copied my modded ?.lst file into. http://reboot.pro/12449/

This is what my 4.lst in my /BOOTWS/FULLISO folder looks like (pretty much 2 thorugh 8 will be the same execpt the checkrange numbers and the HD numbers..I am using 4.lst as example because my PC has 3 internal HD)

set List4=4.lst

echo %List4%

echo %USBRoot%

echo %Offset%

echo %XPISO%

echo %Image%

pause --wait=10 Making Sure Paths Exist...Hit Enter Key At AnyTime

checkrange 0x80 read 0x8280 && map (hd0) (hd3)

checkrange 0x80 read 0x8280 && map (hd2) (hd1)

checkrange 0x80 read 0x8280 && map (hd3) (hd2)

map %USBRoot%/XP/Floppy/%Image% (fd0)

map %USBRoot%/XP/Floppy/%Image% (fd1)

map --e820cycles=3

map --hook

write (99) [FiraDisk]nStartOptions=cdrom,vmem=find:/XP/ISO/%XPISO%;floppy,vmem=find:/XP/Floppy/%Image%;n0

rootnoverify (222)

This part may or may not be needed and can be =3 or =0

map --e820cycles=3

Use in my testing to eliminate in case of the black cursor of death

If you notice I set the same variables for the ISO name and IMAGE name so my Home, Pro, and MCE2005 could all use just one /BOOTWS/FULLISO folder and this is my working xpiso.lst which I load from my menu.lst

##USB XP Menu 2

if exist %USBRoot%/Menu/Splash/xp.xpm.gz set BG=%USBRoot%/Menu/Splash/xpiso.xpm.gz

splashimage %BG%

title !USE PARTITION WIZARD FIRST! THIS IS THE FULL ISO INSTALL. SLOWER

root()

title

root

iftitle [find --set-root --devices=h /laddsbootusb.tag && call set USBRoot=%@root^%] XP Home SP3 Install From ISO From %USBRoot%nDec 11 With Most DriversnThis Is A Little Slower Method										

clear

set /p /u Answer=ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO INSTALL XP HOME SP3...Y or N :

if /i "%Answer%"=="n" echo Back To Main Menu! && configfile %USBRoot%/Menu/xpiso.lst

set Offset=%USBRoot%/BOOTWS/FULLISO

set XPISO=HOME.ISO

set Image=HOME.IMA

clear

if not exist %USBRoot%/XP/ISO/HOME.ISO echo Can Not Find XP Home. Please Contact Superman && pause --wait=10 Going Back To Main Menu && configfile %USBRoot%/menu.lst

clear

echo Installing XP HOME From %USBRoot%/XP/ISO/%XPISO%

echo Loading Files From %Offset%

clear

map --unmap=0:0xff

map --unhook

map %USBRoot%/XP/ISO/%XPISO% (222)

clear

#checkrange 0x00,0x01 read 0x8280 && configfile %Offset%/fd.lst

checkrange 8 calc *0x475 & 222 && configfile %Offset%/8.lst

checkrange 7 calc *0x475 & 222 && configfile %Offset%/7.lst

checkrange 6 calc *0x475 & 222 && configfile %Offset%/6.lst

checkrange 5 calc *0x475 & 222 && configfile %Offset%/5.lst

checkrange 4 calc *0x475 & 222 && configfile %Offset%/4.lst

checkrange 3 calc *0x475 & 222 && configfile %Offset%/3.lst

checkrange 2 calc *0x475 & 222 && configfile %Offset%/2.lst

#checkrange 1 calc *0x475 & 222 && configfile %Offset%/1.lst

boot

title

root

iftitle [find --set-root --devices=h /laddsbootusb.tag && call set USBRoot=%@root^%] XP MCE SP3 Install From ISO From %USBRoot%nDec 11 With Most DriversnThis Is A Little Slower Method												

clear

set /p /u Answer=ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO INSTALL XP MCE SP3...Y or N :

if /i "%Answer%"=="n" echo Back To Main Menu! && configfile %USBRoot%/Menu/xpiso.lst

set XPISO=MCE2005.ISO

set Image=MCE2005.IMA

clear

if not exist %USBRoot%/XP/ISO/MCE2005.ISO echo Can Not Find XP MCE2005. Please Contact Superman && pause --wait=10 Going Back To Main Menu && configfile %USBRoot%/menu.lst

clear

echo Installing XP MCE2005 From %USBRoot%/XP/ISO/%XPISO%

clear

map --unhook

clear

boot

title

root

iftitle [find --set-root --devices=h /laddsbootusb.tag && call set USBRoot=%@root^%] XP PRO SP3 Install From ISO From %USBRoot%nDec 11 With Most DriversnThis Is A Little Slower Method												

clear

set /p /u Answer=ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO INSTALL XP PRO SP3...Y or N :

set XPISO=PRO.ISO

set Image=PRO.IMA

clear

if not exist %USBRoot%/XP/ISO/PRO.ISO echo Can Not Find XP PRO. Please Contact Superman && pause --wait=10 Going Back To Main Menu && configfile %USBRoot%/menu.lst

clear

echo Installing XP PRO From %USBRoot%/XP/ISO/%XPISO%

clear

map --unhook

clear

boot

title

root

iftitle [find --set-root --devices=h /laddsbootusb.tag && call set USBRoot=%@root^%] XP PRO CORP SP3 Install From ISO From %USBRoot%nDec 11 With Most DriversnThis Is A Little Slower Method											

password --md5 $1$0$NtEZSDZZ3Hjh6lV5xYzmT/

clear

set /p /u Answer=ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO INSTALL XP HOME SP3...Y or N :

set Offset=%USBRoot%/BOOTWS/PROCORP

set XPISO=PROCORP.ISO

set Image=PROCORP.IMA

clear

if not exist %USBRoot%/XP/ISO/PROCORP.ISO echo Can Not Find XP PRO CORP. Please Contact Superman && pause --wait=10 Going Back To Main Menu && configfile %USBRoot%/menu.lst

clear

echo Installing XP PRO From %USBRoot%/XP/ISO/%XPISO%

clear

map --unhook

clear

boot

title

root

iftitle [find --set-root --devices=h /laddsbootusb.tag && call set USBRoot=%@root^%] Back To Main Menu

clear

set Boot=%USBRoot%/grldr

if not exist %Boot% echo Can Not Find grldr on Root . Please Contact Superman! && pause --wait=10 Going Back To Main Menu...Hit Enter At AnyTime && configfile %USBRoot%/menu.lst

echo Loading grldr Menu From %Boot%

chainloader %Boot%

I have tested this on 3 machines plus. One that stood out was an old P3 machine with 128 ram. I install XP ISO using the method I am posting here with one boot from USB, installed slow but installed none the less. Tested on ranges of machines from P3 to Dual Core, memory ranging from 128mb to 4 gig and some machines had 1 internal hard drive and some had 4. All three versions install fine with this method.

I am also using winnt.sif for each version

;HOME

;

[Data]

AutoPartition="0"

MsDosInitiated="0"

UnattendedInstall ="Yes"

AutomaticUpdates="No"

[Unattended]

UnattendMode="FullUnattended"

OEMSkipEula ="YES"

WaitForReboot="No"

UnattendSwitch="Yes"

AutoActivate="No"

OemPreinstall="Yes"

DriverSigningPolicy="Ignore"

NonDriverSigningPolicy="Ignore"

[Display]

BitsPerPel=32

Xresolution=1024

Yresolution=768

AutoConfirm=1

[GuiUnattended]

DetachedProgram ="CMD.EXE"

Arguments="/Q /C FOR %I IN (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO (IF EXIST %I:WINSETUPOEMOEMAUTO.EXE (START %I:WINSETUPOEMOEMAUTO.EXE) ELSE (FOR /D %J IN (%I:*) DO (IF EXIST %J%WINSETUPOEMOEMAUTO.EXE (START %J%WINSETUPOEMOEMAUTO.EXE))))"

AdminPassword=*

EncryptedAdminPassword="NO"

OEMSkipRegional=1

TimeZone=35

OemSkipWelcome=1

AutoLogon="Yes"

[UserData]

ProductKey=

FullName="Owner"

OrgName="Home"

ComputerName=*

[TapiLocation]

CountryCode=1

AreaCode=434

Dialing="Tone"

[Identification]

JoinWorkgroup="WORKGROUP"

[Networking]

InstallDefaultComponents="Yes"

and a DriverPack presetup.cmd. If I am busy and I am installing XP from ISO this is very useful as I don't need to have USB set to boot in Bios and I can just boot my default HD boot command with a timeout if the computer does boot to USB and my unattended install is not broken. My default menu.lst

##USB Menu AIO

timeout 15

color white/blue

write 0x8274 0x2001

rootnoverify (hd0,0)

So now if you use this method, you can get rid of the second part install from your menu.lst as listed below

iftitle [find --set-root --devices=h /laddsbootusb.tag && call set USBRoot=%@root^%] XP Home Setup Part 2 from %USBRoot%nDec 11

# map (hd1) (hd0)

# map (hd0) (hd1)

map --hook

write (99) [FiraDisk]nStartOptions=cdrom,vmem=find:/XP/HOME.ISO;n0

root (hd0,0)

chainloader /ntldr

chainloader (hd0)+1

I have not got any errors about driver signing for Firadisk. USB Drive still has to be left in so install will finish but the key here is that a second USB boot IS NOT NEEDED.

Wanted to say thanks, cdob, ilko_t, WonKo the Sane and steve6375

Now you can use the ask, choose iso method in your menu.lst from here http://www.rmprepusb.tk/ #43

This way you would only have one XP Install menu entry and set your variable according to your %Answer%

steve6375 was workng on something to write to the ISOimage.ini on the fly to change the ISO name accordingly (Is this still being worked on?)

Have not tested this on 64bit XP as to I have been loading XP for 10 years and I have never loaded a 64bit version and I have never seen a customer with a 64bit version.

To sum it up. I use complex menu entries and the BOOTWS method because I work on a range of computers but most computers have 1 internal hard drive so I am going to give you a simple menu.lst example below. You don't need the first boot to HD entry, ( I use it as a out of the room or doing something when computer reboots and I ain't looking kinda thing and forgot the PC was set to boot to USB)

timeout 15

color white/blue

write 0x8274 0x2001

rootnoverify (hd0,0)

title

root

title XP Home Install From ISO With 1 USB BootnWorks With Low Ram also

find --set-root /whatereverhere

set XPISO=HOME.ISO

set Image=HOME.IMA

map  /%XPISO% (222)

map  /%Image% (fd0)

map /%Image% (fd1)

map --hook

write (99) [FiraDisk]nStartOptions=cdrom,vmem=find:/%XPISO%;floppy,vmem=find:/%Image%;n0

rootnoverify (222)

chainloader

You can also map --mem the IMA file

map --mem  /%Image% (fd0)

map --mem /%Image% (fd1)

And there you have it Posted Image

UPDATE

To clear this up. Nothing special has to be done to the XP ISO or added to the XP ISO. You can use a plain XP or a modded XP. All the files required to make this happen goes on the USB Stick or Drive.

#35 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7028 posts
  • Interests:computers, programming (masm,vb6,C,vbs), photography,TV,films,guitars, www.easy2boot.com
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:47 AM

Hi laddanator
To save me and others some work, could you upload to reboot your HOME.IMA file please?
Thanks
Steve

#36 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7028 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:41 PM

So this should work with any 32-bit XP ISO (Home or Pro). ISO name must begin with XP and must be in \Inst folder
If using a winnt.sif, this should be placed in the root inside XP_INST.IMA. It's contents could also be modified using more cat --replace lines, for instance you could write in a Product Key for the correct version of XP into the winnt.sif file from within the menu. When writing the winnt.sif file you need to put a long blank line after any line that you might want to --replace - e.g.

ProductID=AAAAA-AAAAA-AAAAA-AAAAA
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
JoinWorkgroup="Workgroup"
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

This allows for a longer string to be --replaced in. So you can simply change settings by changing the grub4dos menu - or even use grub4dos to prompt the user for the settings first (e.g. 'What workgroup name do you want', 'What Machine Name do you want', What User Name', etc. etc.)

Note: A Major limitation with --replace and --locate strings is that they cannot be longer than 16 characters or grub4dos will give an error 30: Invalid argument. So ISO name must be less than 14 characters in total (allowing for \n; at the end).

NEWS! Latest chenall build can now have strings in --replace much longer than 16 characters.
This means you can have all the WINNT.SIF settings in the grub4dos menu (or ask the user for them) and then directly replace them using cat.

e.g.

cat --locatei="ComputerName=" --replace="ComputerName=\"FREDDDYTHEFISH\"" (fd0)/winnt.sif

cat --locatei="OrgName=" --replace="OrgName=\"Acme plc\"" (fd0)/winnt.sif

So now you can have just one IMA image file for all XP installs and use the grub4dos menu to choose which ISO you want to install and even ask the user what username and password they want or what computername they want or what partition sizes they want!

#37 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7028 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:55 PM

@laddanator - where do you put your winnt.sif file?
OK - it goes in the root of the IMA floppy file. :loleverybody:

#38 laddanator

laddanator

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 337 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:11 PM

@laddanator - where do you put your winnt.sif file?

Actually, I put my winnt file in the I386 directory of the ISO and I use an oem scan tool at t39 that chages product key. XP is setup if the winnt file is in the I386 folder that XP uses the info from the winnt for setup.

This line is not needed

floppy,vmem=find:/%Image%;n0

Just this

write (99) [FiraDisk]nStartOptions=cdrom,vmem=find:/Inst/%XPISO%;n0

This works better for me

write --offset=0 (fd0)/setup/ISOimage.ini XPISO%XPISO%n;n;n;

write --offset=1 (fd1)/setup/ISOimage.ini XPISO%XPISO%n;n;n;

I don't use default paths but if you do, just ghange the last.

This works really well also. Only use the stock firadisk.img and no XP_INST.IMA required

iftitle[if exist %USBRoot%/XP/ISO/HOME.ISO set XPISO=/XP/ISO/HOME.ISO] XP Install From ISOnBoot Once To USBDrive

set fira.opt=cdrom,vmem=find:%XPISO%;

find --set-root --devices=h %XPISO%

map %USBRoot%%XPISO% (222)

map --mem %USBRoot%/XP/Floppy/firadisk.img (fd0)

map --mem %USBRoot%/XP/Floppy/firadisk.img (fd1)

map --e820cycles=3

map --hook

clear

%USBRoot%/shifthd.bat

cat --locate=###### --number=1 (fd0)/TXTSETUP.OEM > nul || call :error firadisk.img file error..

cat --locate=###### --number=1 (fd1)/TXTSETUP.OEM > nul || call :error firadisk.img file error..

set offset=%?%

write --offset=%offset% (fd0)/TXTSETUP.OEM value=Parameters,StartOptions,REG_SZ,"%fira.opt%"rn

cat --skip=%offset% --locate=/ --replace= (fd0)/TXTSETUP.OEM

write --offset=%offset% (fd1)/TXTSETUP.OEM value=Parameters,StartOptions,REG_SZ,"%fira.opt%"rn

cat --skip=%offset% --locate=/ --replace= (fd1)/TXTSETUP.OEM

echo %List4%

echo %XPISO%

echo %fira.opt%

pause --wait=10 Making Sure Paths Exist...Hit Enter Key At AnyTime

Like before. Change your paths back to default if that's what you use

shifthd.bat from ilko_t from MSFN and the fira opt from chenell

#39 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7028 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:20 PM

This is an example for installing XP from an ISO using the NEW grldr grub4dos version just made by chenall (1st Feb) as you can have longer --replace strings now. It uses a plain standard unmodified XP SP3 Professional ISO file, and can be made to run entirely automatically from a single boot to the USB drive to start it all (if you uncomment WIPE=yes). No shifthd.bat file required.
It uses a special winnt.sif file located in the /Inst folder on the USB boot drive but then modifies it dynamically. This means that you can have XP Home and XP Pro ISOs on the same USB drive, but install it with any settings in Winnt.sif that you like - just change the grub4dos menu settings and have as many menu entries as you like.

This is based on cdob's INST_XP.IMA floppy image (but has latest firadisk files) and has been inspired by laddanator (thanks to both!).
See http://www.msfn.org/...aded-iso-image/ for the INST_XP.IMA

USB folder contents
InstXPPSP3.iso
InstINST_XP.IMA
Instwinnt.sif (attached - specially prepared with ;;;;;;;;;;; lines after every parameter line so that cat --replace will work correctly!)
grldr (latest version from http://code.google.c.../downloads/list)
menu.lst (as below)

To make the INST_XP.IMA
1. Download it from cdob's post (v05.7z) and mount using ImDisk
2. Make a new winnt.sif file on the root of the mounted image and add lots of ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; lines to make it approx. 10K long (contents are unimportant!)
3. Extract from an 32-bit XP ISO the i386/setup.ex_ file - expand it using Windows Expand command (expand setup.ex_ setuporg.exe) - place it inside INST_XP.IMA image at /setup/i386 folder (i.e. /setup/i386/setuporg.exe inside the INST_XP_IMA folder)
4. Unmount the INST_XP.IMA image file and copy it to the USB pen to the Inst folder.

For AHCI systems, etc. you will need to integrate the drivers into the ISO.

title NEW XP Pro Install From ISOnRequires a single boot, works for Low Ram systems

#suppress cat addresses on screen, etc.

errorcheck off

debug off

map --unhook

# set real internal HDD to be hd0 and USB to swap with it...

checkrange 6:999 calc *0x475 & 0xFF && echo && pause --wait=10 Found more than 5 hard disks or mass storage devices attached! && configfile /menu.lst

checkrange 5 calc *0x475 & 0xFF && set HDCNT=5 && set topmap=(hd4)

checkrange 4 calc *0x475 & 0xFF && set HDCNT=4 && set topmap=(hd3)

checkrange 3 calc *0x475 & 0xFF && set HDCNT=3 && set topmap=(hd2)

checkrange 2 calc *0x475 & 0xFF && set HDCNT=2 && set topmap=(hd1)

checkrange 1 calc *0x475 & 0xFF && set HDCNT=1 && set topmap=(hd0)

set /a RDSK=%HDCNT% - 1

if %HDCNT%>=2 map (hd0) %topmap%

if %HDCNT%>=2 map (hd1) (hd0)

if %HDCNT%>=3 map (hd2) (hd1)

if %HDCNT%>=4 map (hd3) (hd2)

if %HDCNT%>=5 map (hd4) (hd3)

set USBPTN=(hd%RDSK%,0)

#

# ---------------- SET XP PARAMETERS HERE -----------

set XPISO=XPPROSP3.ISO

set FN=FreddyFrog

set CN=SS1

set ON=MyOrg

set AP=PWD

set XRES=800

set YRES=600

set BPP=16

set TZ=85

set PKEY=Q9rv4-g448x-f4wjp-f69mx-ybq46

set SYSLOC=00000809

set ULOC=00000809

set ILOC=0809:00000809

set LANG=1

#WIPE=Yes set Repartition=Yes  Delete ALL partitions on 1st drive, make one large ptn and format it (leaves other drives alone)

#set WIPE=Yes

#set AUTOPTN=1

#AutoPartition=1  Installs Windows to 1st available partition that has adequate space for a Windows installation

#				 and does not already contain an installed version of Windows.

# ----  END OF XP PARAMETERS -----------

#

set Image=Inst/XP_INST.IMA

map /Inst/%XPISO% (222)

map --mem /%Image% (fd0)

map --mem /%Image% (fd1)

map --e820cycles=3

map --hook

root %USBPTN%

errorcheck on

debug off

dd if=()/Inst/winnt.sif of=(fd0)/winnt.sif

write --offset=0 (fd0)/setup/ISOimage.ini Inst%XPISO%rn;

#ask Q's here...

set /p ask=What Computer Name do you want (use * for random name) (%CN%) :

if NOT "%ask%"=="" set CN=%ask%

cat --locatei="ComputerName=" --replace="ComputerName="%CN%"rn;" (fd0)/winnt.sif > nul

cat --locatei="OrgName=" --replace="OrgName="%ON%"rn;" (fd0)/winnt.sif  > nul

cat --locatei="FullName=" --replace="FullName=%FN%rn;" (fd0)/winnt.sif  > nul

cat --locatei="AdminPassword=" --replace="AdminPassword="%AP%"rn;" (fd0)/winnt.sif  > nul

cat --locatei="Xresolution=" --replace="Xresolution=%XRES%rn;" (fd0)/winnt.sif  > nul

cat --locatei="Yresolution=" --replace="Yresolution=%YRES%rn;" (fd0)/winnt.sif  > nul

cat --locatei="BitsPerPel=" --replace="BitsPerPel=%BPP%rn;" (fd0)/winnt.sif  > nul

cat --locatei="TimeZone=" --replace="TimeZone=%TZ%rn;" (fd0)/winnt.sif  > nul

cat --locatei="ProductKey=" --replace="ProductKey=%PKEY%rn;" (fd0)/winnt.sif  > nul

cat --locatei="SystemLocale==" --replace="SystemLocale=%SYSLOC%rn;" (fd0)/winnt.sif  > nul

cat --locatei="UserLocale=" --replace="UserLocale=%ULOC%rn;" (fd0)/winnt.sif  > nul

cat --locatei="InputLocale=" --replace="InputLocale=%ILOC%rn;" (fd0)/winnt.sif  > nul

cat --locatei="LanguageGroup=" --replace="LanguageGroup=%LANG%rn;" (fd0)/winnt.sif  > nul

cat --locatei="Repartition=" --replace="Repartition=%WIPE%rn;" (fd0)/winnt.sif  > nul

cat --locatei="AutoPartition=" --replace="AutoPartition=%AUTOPTN%rn;" (fd0)/winnt.sif  > nul

dd if=(fd0)/winnt.sif of=(fd1)/winnt.sif

write (99) [FiraDisk]nStartOptions=cdrom,vmem=find:/Inst/%XPISO%;n0

rootnoverify (222)

clear

echo HARD DISK 0

echo -----------

geometry (hd0)

echo Found %HDCNT% disks, I have set HDD=(hdd0) and USB boot disk=%topmap%

echo

echo SETTINGS:

echo ---------

echo ComputerName=%CN% Organisation=%ON%

echo FullName=%FN% AdminPwd=%AP%

echo Resolution=%XRES%x%YRES%x%BPP%

echo TimeZone=%TZ% ProductKey=%PKEY%

echo SystemLocale=%SYSLOC% UserLocale=%ULOC%

echo InputLocale=%ULOC% LanguageGroup=%LANG%

echo

if /I "%WIPE%"=="YES"  echo WARNING: HDD0 ALL PARTITIONS WILL BE ERASED!

if /I "%AUTOPTN%"=="1" echo WARNING: Windows will be installed on first non-Windows partition automatically!

echo

set /p /u ask=OK to continue (Y/N/Reboot) :

if "%ask%"=="R" reboot

if not "%ask%"=="Y" configfile %USBPTN%/menu.lst

chainloader +1
[Edit]used --mem for floppy images as improves speed and does not write directly to the IMA file (thanks laddanator!)[/Edit]

Attached Files

#40 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 14913 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:25 PM

This is based on cdob's INST_XP.IMA floppy image (but has latest firadisk files) and has been inspired by laddanator (thanks to both!).

Seemingly there is NO floppy image (updated or otherwise) attached to this post, nor links to the base one and to the modified/updates thingies.
Maybe it could be of use to fill this gap :) (I mean if the idea is to have other people experiment with this approach).

Wonko

#41 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7028 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:43 PM

Seemingly there is NO floppy image (updated or otherwise) attached to this post, nor links to the base one and to the modified/updates thingies.
Maybe it could be of use to fill this gap :) (I mean if the idea is to have other people experiment with this approach).

Now added.

#42 maanu

maanu

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1134 posts
  •  
    Pakistan

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:08 PM

WIPE=YES is the dangerous switch , noobs like me might hurt their system :) . anyways thanks for sharing...
  • laddanator likes this

#43 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7028 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:25 PM

WIPE=YES is the dangerous switch , noobs like me might hurt their system :) . anyways thanks for sharing...

It is commented out in the example menu I posted. If you uncomment it you will see a warning

WARNING: HDD0 ALL PARTITIONS WILL BE ERASED!

#44 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 14913 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:58 PM

Now added.

:good:

Wonko

#45 laddanator

laddanator

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 337 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:00 PM

How in the world did I miss all this. Looks like I got some new reading and experinmenting to do. I got a new one for you guys and will post soon.

Touches on the same line as below.

@steve6375 Map to mem would be better for the IMA?

# ----  END OF XP PARAMETERS -----------

#

set Image=Inst/XP_INST.IMA

map /Inst/%XPISO% (222)

map --mem /%Image% (fd0)

map --mem /%Image% (fd1)

map --e820cycles=3

map --hook

root %USBPTN%

errorcheck on

debug off

dd if=()/Inst/winnt.sif of=(fd0)/winnt.sif

write --offset=0 (fd0)/setup/ISOimage.ini Inst%XPISO%rn;

as in if not mapped to mem the write to the ISOimage will be permanent. Not that it really matters as the next write will over write but I like for nothing to permanent write if I can help it.

#46 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7028 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:19 PM

as in if not mapped to mem the write to the ISOimage will be permanent

sure! I was going to test this to see what difference it made. It would be safer and possibly quicker too.

#47 laddanator

laddanator

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 337 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:05 AM

It would be safer and possibly quicker too.

Safer and its about a decisecond faster on the ISOimage write (I test weird stuff) but not sure at the the winnt.sif stuff. My quess is that it would be quicker for that also.

#48 laddanator

laddanator

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 337 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:17 AM

Can also use DPMS folder by chenell

http://bbs.wuyou.com....php?tid=197550
http://chenall.net

title NEW XP Pro Install From ISOnRequires a single boot, works for Low Ram systems

#suppress cat addresses on screen, etc.

errorcheck off

debug off

map --unhook

# set real internal HDD to be hd0 and USB to swap with it...

checkrange 6:999 calc *0x475 & 0xFF && echo && pause --wait=10 Found more than 5 hard disks or mass storage devices attached! && configfile /menu.lst

checkrange 5 calc *0x475 & 0xFF && set HDCNT=5 && set topmap=(hd4)

checkrange 4 calc *0x475 & 0xFF && set HDCNT=4 && set topmap=(hd3)

checkrange 3 calc *0x475 & 0xFF && set HDCNT=3 && set topmap=(hd2)

checkrange 2 calc *0x475 & 0xFF && set HDCNT=2 && set topmap=(hd1)

checkrange 1 calc *0x475 & 0xFF && set HDCNT=1 && set topmap=(hd0)

set /a RDSK=%HDCNT% - 1

if %HDCNT%>=2 map (hd0) %topmap%

if %HDCNT%>=2 map (hd1) (hd0)

if %HDCNT%>=3 map (hd2) (hd1)

if %HDCNT%>=4 map (hd3) (hd2)

if %HDCNT%>=5 map (hd4) (hd3)

set USBPTN=(hd%RDSK%,0)

%USBPTN%/DPMS/dpms.bat

#

# ---------------- SET XP PARAMETERS HERE -----------

set XPISO=XPPROSP3.ISO

set FN=FreddyFrog

set CN=SS1

set ON=MyOrg

set AP=PWD

set XRES=800

set YRES=600

set BPP=16

set TZ=85

set PKEY=Q9rv4-g448x-f4wjp-f69mx-ybq46

set SYSLOC=00000809

set ULOC=00000809

set ILOC=0809:00000809

set LANG=1

#WIPE=Yes set Repartition=Yes  Delete ALL partitions on 1st drive, make one large ptn and format it (leaves other drives alone)

#set WIPE=Yes

#set AUTOPTN=1

#AutoPartition=1  Installs Windows to 1st available partition that has adequate space for a Windows installation

#								and does not already contain an installed version of Windows.

Course after DPMS bat runs and exits, the next command in the menu.lst below the DPMS command is carried out.

#49 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7028 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:36 AM

The problem is DPMS (Driver Pack Mass Storage) builds and maps a mass storage driver as (fd0). This would replace the firadisk XP_INST.IMA which we need to map to fd0 in order to load the ISO file and map it as a CD. We can't have both!

#50 laddanator

laddanator

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 337 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:02 PM

We can't have both!

This is true. Since the map is out of sight, then its out of mind. Forgot that the the driver was fd based. Even a map to fd1 wouldn't solve this issue.

I get a file not found error with this

chainloader +1

I have always used

I am going to add a pause between each command and see whats causing the file not found error. I am sure its on my end. I use different paths but for testing, I need to use default ones from your above menu.lst

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users