#1 Holmes.Sherlock

Holmes.Sherlock

Gold Member

• Team Reboot
  • 1444 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:39 AM

In my company, I have to use PuTTY to login to a remote UNIX shell. But the login prompt does not show up any information to trace down the version of UNIX I'm using. I do not have admin privilege on the box. Here are a couple of commands & their output. Does anyone know which UNIX is this?

uname -r

B.11.23

echo $SHELL

/usr/bin/sh

One more point is that shell scripts/commands can be executed via k-shell (ksh) also.

Please let me if one needs any additional info.

#2 Olof Lagerkvist

Olof Lagerkvist

Gold Member

• Developer
  • 1416 posts
  •  
    Sweden

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:10 AM

In my company, I have to use PuTTY to login to a remote UNIX shell. But the login prompt does not show up any information to trace down the version of UNIX I'm using. I do not have admin privilege on the box. Here are a couple of commands & their output. Does anyone know which UNIX is this?

uname -r

B.11.23

echo $SHELL

/usr/bin/sh

One more point is that shell scripts/commands can be executed via k-shell (ksh) also.

Please let me if one needs any additional info.

I would think that it is a HP-UX environment, but uname -r only shows kernel release version so it is hard to tell. Have you tried just uname without parameters? Or uname -a or something?

#3 Mikorist

Mikorist

▂ ▃ █ ▅ ▆

• Advanced user
  • 771 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:19 AM

looks like BEA Tuxedo

http://docs.oracle.c...1/tuxedo/tux81/

#4 Holmes.Sherlock

Holmes.Sherlock

Gold Member

• Team Reboot
  • 1444 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:05 PM

I would think that it is a HP-UX environment, but uname -r only shows kernel release version so it is hard to tell. Have you tried just uname without parameters? Or uname -a or something?

Correct you are.

uname

HP-UX

uname -a

HP-UX DSERT1SDFUP B.11.23 I ia-64 7412589631 unlimited-user license

The red text above displays masked info as the first represents the machine name used by our client & I'm not sure about the second series of digits. I apologize for intentionally providing wrong info as I fear that they might carry some sensitive information to the public.

Can you provide me any detailed info on this specific version of Unix? Is it freely distributable by other Linux flavors? I guess, it is not.

#5 Olof Lagerkvist

Olof Lagerkvist

Gold Member

• Developer
  • 1416 posts
  •  
    Sweden

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:22 PM

uname -a

HP-UX DSERT1SDFUP B.11.23 I ia-64 7412589631 unlimited-user license

The red text above displays masked info as the first represents the machine name used by our client & I'm not sure about the second series of digits. I apologize for intentionally providing wrong info as I fear that they might carry some sensitive information to the public.

Can you provide me any detailed info on this specific version of Unix? Is it freely distributable by other Linux flavors? I guess, it is not.

It is not free. I don't know how broadly used it is these days, I have only seen it a few times and pretty much only in biggest industrial enterprises. The platform provides many interesting powerful tools for various levels of virtualization.

Somewhere to start:
http://h71028.www7.h...i-overview.html

#6 Mikorist

Mikorist

▂ ▃ █ ▅ ▆

• Advanced user
  • 771 posts
  •  
    United Nations

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:47 PM

try

/stand/kernrel

model

swlist -l product

swlist -l bundle | grep ' OS'

swlist -l bundle | grep ' Operating Environment'

and

/usr/contrib/bin/machinfo

look:
http://pbraun.nethen..._hpux/hpux.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users