Unlocker

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Aeolis

Aeolis

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:I am just trying to learn and help.
  •  
    Brazil

Posted 10 December 2011 - 05:01 PM

Posted Image

File Name: Unlocker
File Submitter: Aeolis
File Submitted: 10 Dec 2011
File Updated: 09 Feb 2013
File Category: App scripts

CREDITS: My BIG THANK YOU for the Reboot.pro community!

DESCRIPTION: This is a Unlocker script that gives user the ability to use it inside a PE build. It has some features to help the integration and customization, like adding shortcuts, setting it as an Explorer shell extension and there is also the possibility to customize it. This script comes with instructions on how to do that.

THE PROGRAM: Ever had such an annoying message given by Windows: Cannot delete file: Access is denied. There has been a sharing violation. The source or destination file may be in use or the file is in use by another program or user. Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use. Unlocker is the solution. Unlocker is an Explorer extension that allows you with a simple right-click of the mouse on a file or folder to get rid of error message such as error deleting file or folder, cannot delete folder: it is used by another person or program.

NOTE: Due to "How to determine if a file is redistributable" (link: http://reboot.pro/3251/) I will not be able to attach the Unlocker files to this script and integrate its extraction. So, please, do not ask for this feature. You will have to download the files yourself.

FROM AUTHOR: I hope you like using it as much as I liked creating it. I hope you can test and post your comments here. I would like suggestions on how to clean/improve this script.

Best regards,

Aeolis

Click here to download this file

#2 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 10 December 2011 - 07:01 PM

Maybe I see reality wrong. :wheelchair:
But my question:

Assumed, I have a locked file in my standard host OS, which I cannot delete.
I boot into a WinBuilder made PE.

Are there any situations where the file is still locked?
Does Unlocker help then?

Peter :dubbio:

#3 Aeolis

Aeolis

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 145 posts
  •  
    Brazil

Posted 10 December 2011 - 07:06 PM

Hello folks,

Dear pscEx, this script was made for a locked file inside in the PE environment. If a file is locked inside your host OS when you boot from a PE environment you are able to do whatever you want with the locked file (from your host OS) without the help of Unlocker. In your case the WinBuilder made PE is "the Unlocker".

Well, again, this script was focused in releasing locks from files locked inside the PE environment. I hope it helps.

Best regards,

Aeolis

Edited by Aeolis, 10 December 2011 - 07:07 PM.

#4 patsch

patsch

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 785 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 10 December 2011 - 07:15 PM

I never had any files locked within my PE environment :dubbio:

#5 Aeolis

Aeolis

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 145 posts
  •  
    Brazil

Posted 10 December 2011 - 08:00 PM

Hello folks,

Well, do a simple test: open a 7-zip file inside PE and try to delete the file without closing it from 7-zip. Thadam! It will be locked.

My friends, even if you don't see a "real PE world" use for this tool (Unlocker) the script is still here. Just use it if you want.

Best regards,

Aeolis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users