1 reply to this topic

#1 tgparker2010

tgparker2010
  • Patrician
  • 6 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 10 December 2011 - 03:43 AM

I carefully read and Followed Amalux's "Newcomer's Tutorial - LiveXP, Win7PE & Portable Apps!", Winbuilder successfully generated 3 bootable and running ISO files which I was able to run on VirtualBox and VMWare. I am very happy and impressed.

However, I do have a major issue with the whole business of SlipStreaming Driver Packs into Winbuilder.

The issue of drivers became problematic when I discovered that I was unable to directly download Driver Packs from within WinBuilder or the DriverPack software, as The DriverPack group have decided to no longer offer or supportthe direct download service as they weren't getting enough donations, and their sponsor pulled out.

I read the various postings, and I'm sorry nobody has donated to their site and project.

They offer such a great service. In fact I think someone is actually selling a CD based on their work.

Anyway, I had no problem manually downloading the DriverPacks via Bitorrent, my only MAIN concern is exactly which subdirectory to place the DriverPacks in Winbuilder so they get found and picked up by the software and correctly slipstreamed into the correct subdirectory in Winbuilder.

BTW, many of the Winbuilder scripts were/are still written assuming a direct download is still working so now I need to figure out exactly which Winbuilder sub-directory to correctly "nest" the DriverPacks.

I'd love to hear from anyone with Experience with manual downloads and the correct manual placement of the Driver Packs in Winbuilder...

Thanks for such an AWESOME project like Winbuilder, nonetheless. BTW I did make a meagre donation to Winbuilder.

More to follow.
Namaste,
TG
  • Brito likes this

#2 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 10 December 2011 - 06:29 AM

Mostly answered here: http://reboot.pro/41...post__p__143964 but let me add something, most scripts that require driverpacks will look to %GlobalTemplates%\someDirectory for the package to import. %GlobalTemplates% is located inside your project folder under Workbench\Common i.e. "\Workbench\Common\DPs\MassStorage\DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_1011.7z" is where DPs Mass Storage script looks for its driver package. This package can be updated manually and adjustments made inside the script interface in Winbuilder. This is not necessarily true in other projects but I've made modifications to allow for this. Any other questions regarding driver setup just let me know ;)
  • Brito likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: winbuilder, driver-packs drivers, amalux, livexp, tutorial

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users